What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lyon to suspend decision until July

Ron Jeremy

Coach
The article doesn't sound convincing to me, no quotes etc

Could be abit of BS

In saying that if he doesn't come then i'll never forgive him, i was willing to give him a chance.

yy_cheng

Coach
Well he has the same manager as gaz, and 300K is nowhere near what gaz will be getting.

His manager would probably say, hey mate, you're better than gaz, wait till 1st july and see what you're really worth.

Then his manager would make a bigger packet from commissions I guess.

If this article is true, Parra should let him negotiate now, then by 1st July at least we would know if he is on board or not and then can focus on someone else.

eelsta

Bench
eloquentEEL said:
just watch him use our season (both on and off the field) as his official excuse for "changing his mind"

i dont think he's in any position to take the moral highground

1. It's the whole bitchy attitude change in this post. Originally it was kissing Lyon's arse cause he was rumoured to be coming back. Now all of a sudden he is a cat because he wants to check his options and test his value. Didn't I say he was a cat all along? And didn't I get blasted for it by the same people who are now calling him a cat? Funny as hell.

2. Cheers, Scotty. Hadn't heard it yet.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Hollywood Jesus said:
1. It's the whole bitchy attitude change in this post. Originally it was kissing Lyon's arse cause he was rumoured to be coming back. Now all of a sudden he is a cat because he wants to check his options and test his value. Didn't I say he was a cat all along? And didn't I get blasted for it by the same people who are now calling him a cat? Funny as hell.

There's no quotes in there from his manager or him, along with no source and here you are gloating. Sorry but there's nothing for you to gloat about.

I haven't called him a cat and I still hope he signs with us, what I'm saying is if he goes to Manly then I'll be filthy because it would mean it was a done deal for months (and let's be honest, they wouldn't have waited until after June 30 to approach him if he does go there). I could completely accept it if he signed with Penrith or Canberra, but not Manly.

Even if he did go to Manly, it doesn't change the fact that you know nothing about the situation and are juding him on past actions, if he has played us then you've just made a lucky guess, nothing more.

parralight

Juniors
You feel cheated.
I gloated to the missus recently that he was coming back and she looked at me and said "I dont care what you are saying- there is no way Jamie Lyon will return to Parra"
AND she knows next to nothing about football.
How did she get it so right and me so wrong ?
She knows nothing about footy but everything about life.
Therein lies the lesson.

IMO we should give him a firm deadline and then cut him loose. We have a player who is just as good in the ranks now - if only we would pass the ball to him and that is Timana Tahu. They rave on about what Lyon did in England, Im sure that Timana would go just as well.
The huge difference is that Timana is a loyal eel and Lyon is a selfless SOB.

WE CAN WIN THE PREMIERSHIP WITHOUT LYON !!!!!!!!!

He isnt Andrew Johns. Those who doubt that just have to look at his game vs the dogs when he left after BS gave him a huge spray for his efforts. - He was WOEFUL.

Lets find a really good 5/8 from somewhere or develop Greeny or Kris Keating and use the money to buy some good forwards.

LETS KEEP WHAT DIGNITY WE HAVE LEFT.

parralight

Juniors
AND - I dont care if he signs with us and scores 10 tries a game. I will always call him a dog.

Come on Fitzy.
1. Call Mimis up and ask him if the story is true and if it is say -

" jamie has until Monday Morning 8am Aust time to sign and thats it"

Lets show some backbone.

Eels the GREATEST club in the world

Nikki

Coach
Hollywood Jesus said:

Gotta agree with you on this one HJ. I cant believe the grief I copped when I called him a cat. As I have said before.. HE CANT BE TRUSTED!!! And Fitzgerald is infuriating me even more by givin this worm the time of day. Give him a deadline. Why is our club puttin everything on hold just for him? Waste of bloody time and money.

cardinal

Juniors
Be patent people Lyon is coming home and with him the 2007 premiership. His manager is the king of dragging things out eg Gasnier, but trust me it is a done deal. This is as much about Parra calling the shots with the announcment, as there will be some other news about signings, remember it is the club who chooses when to announce a signiture not the player. With no morrison, mickinnon, Morris, Widders, Cannings, Burt, Delaney and peterson believe me we are going to have as much cash as anyone to sign new players to go with the great JL. The daily tele and the smh are the papers to believe not the Australian. When Lyon is winning man of the match awards and parra is on top of the table next year you guys will have forgotten about calling him a cat or dog and commending Fitzy on the side we have in 07.

scottyeel

Bench
cardinal said:
Be patent people Lyon is coming home and with him the 2007 premiership. His manager is the king of dragging things out eg Gasnier, but trust me it is a done deal. This is as much about Parra calling the shots with the announcment, as there will be some other news about signings, remember it is the club who chooses when to announce a signiture not the player. With no morrison, mickinnon, Morris, Widders, Cannings, Burt, Delaney and peterson believe me we are going to have as much cash as anyone to sign new players to go with the great JL. The daily tele and the smh are the papers to believe not the Australian. When Lyon is winning man of the match awards and parra is on top of the table next year you guys will have forgotten about calling him a cat or dog and commending Fitzy on the side we have in 07.
You know this for a fact?:roll:

Delboy

First Grade
The only person that knows the truth is Mimis (and JL) and how far can you trust any player manager.
It was an agreed deal when Mimis left Oz, however looks like the Beagles have been doing their best, and it's not June 30, surely not.
If he doesnt sign I hope the club makes a statemnent about it, and outlines how the situation developed and Jamies backflip if that is what occurs.
After the moves he made it would paint him in a very untrustworthy position , but I guess the north shore scum will do anything with the bearded nuffy there

Eelectrica

Referee
cardinal said:
Be patent people Lyon is coming home and with him the 2007 premiership. His manager is the king of dragging things out eg Gasnier, but trust me it is a done deal.
Honestly, I hope you're right and it is a done deal.

Hope this is story is a misunderstanding and the club for reasons only know to a select few have decided to delay the official announcment until after June 30.

Time will tell, but with Lyon's past track record, stories like this are fuel to fire.

Nikki

Coach
I think he is still with Manly for the Interim, but not wanted for next year and I think I heard somewhere that Souths dont want him either... I still reckon that Lyon will follow him and he is probably hangin out til Crusher finds a new club.

Hellsy

Immortal
God I am so over this either sign and let it be known, or just be quiet :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

damo72

Juniors
It does look quite suspicious (understatement) that Lyon is holding off, the thing that has had me concerned is that Manly have at this stage failed to re sign Travis Burns who has been one of their best this season.

bartman

Immortal
If we cut through all the loving v hating, gloating v otherwise stuff that people post about the emotive issue of Jamie, it all comes down to the simple fact that Lyon is a contracted Parramatta player, who (if this story is true) seems to be declining a contract offer that we have put to him.

That just puts him in the same place as say McKinnon, who is holding out for a 3 year deal instead of 2. So if Jamie is declining the offer, then we simply say good-o, and now get on with re-signing the other under contract players who were below Jamie on our own/Hagan's pecking order (because of perceived talent or importance to the side), while also planning who else we'll now try and approach after June 30.

If Jamie's going to the open market then so be it. Basic principle still applies - you only want people to sign up to be an Eel if they want to. If they don't cop a virtually final offer, then set them free and wish them well... or wish them otherwise if you prefer.