What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lyon's rep in tatters after snubbing Blues

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I heard Jamie's Nana didn't wan't him to play, the mean selector's would have made him wear a tie and shoes to offcial function's.

Sood

Juniors
Very strange. I didnt really think anything of him before, but now i think hes a toss.

Who the f**k turns down the chance to play origin.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
I personally don't understand his thought process on this, origin is a great honour. However, he hasn't technically done anything worng. He has stated that he is happy playing club football with Manly but if NSW needed him or selected him to play he would play. From what I understand, if he was selected he would not drop out, but he won't get selected because he isn't desperate to play and there are other players that are.

Shoooter

Juniors
Melbourne, Newcastle and Brisbane officials want him to 'stand down' from this weekend's games because it would be 'morally' wrong for him to play. It was the 2nd game that he denied the blues request.
He didnt even get a look in for this deciding match and so there is absolutely nothing wrong with him playing for Manly this weekend against the Knights.

icewind

Juniors
he better say goodbye to playing in the green n gold ever again as well. Sticky won't take that crap.

effnic

Bench
After seeing what Bellamy did to Stewart in origin 3 i have a feeling Lyon knew of Bellamy's agenda against Manly and didnt want to play under such a f**king trackhead. Good on ya Lyon. I hope all Manly players in future turn down any origin offers with Bellamy at helm. Bellamy was probably forced by selectors to put even Stewart in the side.

Also are there any stat junkies out there that can tell me the last time a team in first position had only 1 player in origin.

lucablight

First Grade
After seeing what Bellamy did to Stewart in origin 3 i have a feeling Lyon knew of Bellamy's agenda against Manly and didnt want to play under such a f**king trackhead. Good on ya Lyon. I hope all Manly players in future turn down any origin offers with Bellamy at helm. Bellamy was probably forced by selectors to put even Stewart in the side.

Also are there any stat junkies out there that can tell me the last time a team in first position had only 1 player in origin.

Stewart shouldn't have even been in the side. Not saying he's a bad player but Kurt Gidley is a better player.

Tommax25

Bench
Stewart shouldn't have even been in the side. Not saying he's a bad player but Kurt Gidley is a better player.

stewart is a better fullback, safer and a better chance for a try, made 100 meters in a third of the time gidley made 160 or so. stewart shouldnt have been dropped to the bench, if they wanted gidley at fullback they should have not picked stewart and gone with another utlity, that was so stupid and a waste of stewarts ability

icewind

Juniors

lol. and that's the difference between qlders and nsw. Egos are more important than the team for southerners.

Spud

Juniors
According to RLW: Lyon is apparently unliked by Blues teammates because Fulton gave him a free ride back into rep footy. He was expecting tension from his fellow players and pulled out for that reason.

effnic

Bench
I don't see what's so funny. Gidley is better on kick returns and is freakishly good at breaking tackles and making metres.
You really think Stewart is better than Gidley at those things?
Yes i think Stewart is better than Gidley in every single part of the game.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I don't see what's so funny. Gidley is better on kick returns and is freakishly good at breaking tackles and making metres.
You really think Stewart is better than Gidley at those things?

Yes i think Stewart is better than Gidley in every single part of the game.

The below stats show all mtrs gained, mtrs off kick returns, tackle breaks and games played

Stewart 1490 613 49 12

Gidley 2082 757 62 11

http://www.nrl.com.au/Stats/Player/tabid/10253/default.aspx

The stats seem to back lucablight here mate. Gidleys metres gained off kicks and tackle breaks are far higher than Stewarts

Last edited: