What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mad Dog's Stomp on Tooveyin 1997 GF

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
nwc-main.jpg

man-main.jpg

Suck it up princesses. Newcastle won, Toovey's retired and Mad Dog's still out there.

11 years ago... fugg me.

jabroni

Juniors
Mad Dog may still be out there but toovey gets a hell of a lot more game time and does a lot more than mad dog ever will.

Timmah

Staff member
Mad Dog may still be out there but toovey gets a hell of a lot more game time and does a lot more than mad dog ever will.
:lol: So true

Spud

Juniors
If it wasn't for the spectacular finish, and the fact that it was during the Super League, it would be a blight on the history of Rugby League.
- 3 Players later found guilty of STEROID use - Robbie O'Davis was one who scored 2 tries in the game and was one of Newcastles best. Lets not forget another drug cheat Andrew Johns who probably should not have been there.
- Half competition. Lets face it Brisbane would have murdered Manly or Newcastle.

They did, it was called 1998 when the competions reformed. The Broncs killed everybody and won the first NRL with the same team (minus Mundine)

Yeah O'Davis was the Knights best, Churchill medalist.

Apey

Staff member
Lmao how f**king pathetic :lol:

God damn 11 years ago :lol:

Get over it, you lost.

Bicey_18

Bench
They did, it was called 1998 when the competions reformed. The Broncs killed everybody and won the first NRL with the same team (minus Mundine)

Yeah O'Davis was the Knights best, Churchill medalist.

I could have sworn Brisbane and Newcastle finished on the same points that year....

Just saw it again.

How anyone can say it wasn't deliberate is beyond me.

He fair dinkum looked down to see where Toovey was and then went "stomp".

With spikes.

This is not sour grapes and I'm not trying to take anything away from Newcastle's win, but in my view MacDougall should have been sent from the field.

It it happened in an NRL game today, you'd be reading about it non-stop.

Rant over.

yes it was deliberate but it was a MANLY player it happened to.

as part of the best GF ive ever seen and a game the sport needed as it struggled with the SL war, who cares as long as newcastle one.

thanks joey

when you look at the official records, the ARL one is recognized as the proper result for that year, with the broncos win having a star on it to indicate it wasnt the proper competition.

when you look at the official records, the ARL one is recognized as the proper result for that year, with the broncos win having a star on it to indicate it wasnt the proper competition.

Who cares what competition was proper? The fact of the matter is Brisbane would of nailed Newcastle into the ground in 1997. Canberra also would of beat them and probably Cronulla too.

Timmah

Staff member

Depends on the record but the N.B. pertaining to the star has never said "not proper competition". It said Super League everywhere I've seen. Some even have 1997 ARL and 1997 SL in their records. :)

Mr Saab

Referee
Who cares what competition was proper? The fact of the matter is Brisbane would of nailed Newcastle into the ground in 1997. Canberra also would of beat them and probably Cronulla too.

Wasting your time with Chandos...the war hurt him. He is having counseling sessions to get over the 1990s
He has a chip on his shoulder the size of Uluru

stuke

Bench

that's stretching it a bit far, don't you think ;-)

Latest posts