What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mad Monday

Grapple

Bench
How sad what the world has come to. Outrage outrage outrage. Think of the children etc etc

Isn't it? It's cringe city.

It's so sad and predictable;

1. Player acts irresponsibly.
2. Video evidence and/or rumours begin.
3. Pressure from "outside sources" builds.
4. Management acts.
5. Apology and/or fine.
6. End news cycle. Repeat.

typicalfan

Coach
Isn't it? It's cringe city.

It's so sad and predictable;

1. Player acts irresponsibly.
2. Video evidence and/or rumours begin.
3. Pressure from "outside sources" builds.
4. Management acts.
5. Apology and/or fine.
6. End news cycle. Repeat.
The NRL contribute to it by handing down a gargantuan fine.

Why not make the players who did it do some community service or something. Something good out of something bad. But I suppose that would be too sensible.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Bulldogs fined 250 large for something every clubs' players have done; gotten pissed and naked. The only difference is it's not usually captured by tabloid scum.

Bulldogs are gutless if they pay up. What happens next time a shot in the dressing room shows a near naked man? It happens fairly regularly but that's sweet.

Remember, these guys weren't the ones who published their naked and drunkeness! They weren't even in a setting where they thought anyone in the public could see them, and they were right, but for some pathetic lowlife paparazzo.

Nah but they have tarnished the NRL. The f**kin DT merkins are the ones who should be fined ffs. They're the true villains.

I'm usually pretty cynical about the "world has gone pc mad" brigade but this really illustrates the point, because I don't think the NRL reacts this way otherwise.

Xcalibre

Juniors

Bloody oath ya do!

He raises some other good points that haven't been mentioned much, if at all. Team dynamics and different personalities. I don't understand them. Unless you've played in a team as an adult, you can't. I only did team sports as a kid, so there was no booze etc.

I assume a lot of crazy antics go on behind closed doors, especially at the highest level in team sport where the pressure and workload is huge, hence letting off steam being valued. They see each other in the showers on an almost daily basis, I would've thought, so getting ya kit off would be so mundane. Even if you're not in that environment, some blokes are just like that.

Peet

Juniors
DmK1ejOVsAATF9D.jpg

Peet

Juniors
It's all too simple - Mad Mondays should NEVER be in public - the Bulldogs regime should have known trouble was possible and therefore had it at a private home - not hindsight, just plain common sense. Now they have lost a $500,000 sponsor in Jaycar (& Hill had to be told about this by the media). What a joke!

beave

Coach
It's all too simple - Mad Mondays should NEVER be in public - the Bulldogs regime should have known trouble was possible and therefore had it at a private home - not hindsight, just plain common sense. Now they have lost a $500,000 sponsor in Jaycar (& Hill had to be told about this by the media). What a joke!

They were always ‘losing’ the sponsor dip shit. Jaycars contract with them was done at the end of this season, the owner is using this as cheap advertisement of his own business before he floats it on the stock exchange.

Don’t believe the bullshit.

thorson1987

Coach

So at Belmore with gates locked isn't private enough? Because that sure as shit didn't stop the media trying to get a story.

unforgiven

Bench
Who in their right mind have a Mad Monday in their home? That is not common sense, it would be stupidity

Zerô

Juniors
Who in their right mind have a Mad Monday in their home? That is not common sense, it would be stupidity

Sharks had a mad Monday at Gals new mansion a few years back and Gallen ended up punching Beau Ryan.

I'm pretty sure the Sharks got new sponsors and a cash prize from the NRL for that

Someguy

First Grade
Sam Burgess gets up and does a wanking gesture towards the referee on a prime time nationally televised game and nothing, it’s hard to say what the media will and will not blow up about these days

Just popped in home for a coffee and watched a bit of offsiders (sunday arts for sports) and Gal on Channel 9.

Gal hit the nail on the head.

No public complaints of photos from the public. Someone with a long lens has targetted them. And why would anyone from the Bulldogs want to deal with that outlet anymore.

Versus Sunday Arts, John Stanley and some poet from Melbourne Peter something..

"in one of the busiest areas of Sydney, open to the public.. Embarrassing to the game"..

Drivel.

If anyone knows the geography of the Harbourview and the grassy knoll (yes I'm going JFK conspiracy here...)...

Its one of the quietest areas of the Sydney CBD during weekdays, and especially on a Monday afternoon
The Grass banks down the hill out the front on the other side of the streett - and so to get anywhere near an angle to get a photo over the top of the balcony - the photographers have had to climb something pretty damn high to get a shot..
Back, and to the left,
Back, and to the left,
Back, and to the left.

Grass bank slopes down bottom left of the pic.. Photo taken at street level and from this shot you cant see into any of the bar (balcony top left - behind the umbrellas you can just make out the white wall above the balcony bar)
2864262921_48545ecb28_b.jpg

Here we see the a lot of the bar, and some blurred buttocks - from an angle directly opposite from the grassed area across the street, which is lower than street level...

1536033235598_G301QEA8U.1-2.png

I'm no geometry expert but I'm sure the Terrorgraph photographers must have at least been at a height of the awning of the pub, most likely much higher, to get their money shots. Most likely higher than that. Impossible to get from ground level.

On The Sunday Footy Show Andrew Webster from the SMH really gave a serve to News Ltd and The Daily Telegraph over it. He said whilst he felt that the Dogs handled it badly during and the aftermath,considering the Tele sent photographers out with telephoto lenses to the function set it up to happen. He said no member of the public complained yet the Dogs get a $250k fine? He said if that is the precedent, what do they do when it is something non-concoted?

He has a point in my opinion.