What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MADDEN 2005 RELEASED !

Broncodroid

Juniors
Picked up the game yesterday, will give my review of game in the coming days. I thought I would post a set of sliders for gamers looking for a realistic game courtesy of www.maddenmania.com

All-Madden - 12 Minute Accelerated Quarters
Auto Avoid OFF - All Other Assists ON
Penalties MAX

All Sliders will be marked HUMAN/CPU with 1-20 being from the left start position to the right.

QB Accuracy - 14/7
Pass Blocking - 20/10
WR Catching - 12/8
RB Ability - 10/20
Run Blocking - 7/20

Awareness - 19/7
Knockdowns - 20/0 (YES ZERO)
Interceptions - 7/6
Break Block - 4/3
Tackling - 8/4

FG Length - 11/8
FG Accuracy - 2/0
Punt Length - 9/20
Punt Accuracy - 20/20
Kickoff Length - 11/12

TIPS FOR MAXIMUM EFFECTIVENESS:

These sliders should be considered for ADVANCED players. If you are not at least an experienced Madden player, odds are these sliders will eat your lunch.

For best substitutions I am using SUB OUT/IN % at 83%-90%.

I am getting tough, realistic games thus far. More later.

sunny

12 minute accelerated quarters sound about right. I usually play the 5 min unaccelrated standard qtrs but i played the 15 min acclerated quarters once just for a try and had played about a game and a bits worth of action, and that was only halftime!

sunny

It's damn good, Madden '05, my only complaint thus far being that the Defensive Playmaker option from last year where you could select, provided it was within 1 second of the snap, to change on the fly defensively and either run blitz if it appeared to be run play and drop back if it appeared to be a pass, seems to be gone, and its making it much harder for me to defend against the run.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
dam i love this game..played it all weekend..lol i think i had around 6 hours sleep total lol.

Im playing on 9min acc , just finished my first season.

Stopping the run seems easy, im ranked first in stopping the run i think i only allowed 1046 yrds all season.

Ahman Green set a new record for most rushing yards a game and most rushing yards in a season 8) all this in 14 games lol.

i keep making ints with my linebackers but cant for the life of make plays with the corners..besides the odd interception.

My best game this year happend in the NFC Championship game against the seahawks (me being the pack), we had just played in week 17 in where they ended my 7 game win streak but beating up Ahman Green and just laying huge hits on my recivers when they crossed the middle of the field, both recivers(Fergurson and Driver) where KO'd in the first half and i lost the game 17 - 7.

So when it came to the NFC game, it was played in the snow and it was my first game in the history of me playing madden where no TD's where scored...final score 9-6 on a winning 52yrd field goal in the dying seconds of the game..all thanks to a fumble by Matt Hasselback (get this lol..by Al Harris).

Darren Sharper got player of the game, with a 12 Tackle performance, 1 int, 1 sack 1 FF.

Paullyboy

Coach
Maybe I might have to go pick this up, has anyone played the PC version? If so does it have that radio commentary thing between games that it says the PS2 version has?

OZ_Falcon

Juniors
Has anyone got a franchise going yet? I decided to start a Lions one and im 7-6 at the moment, the franchise mode is getting better every year. Cant wait to see how the draft is in this years Madden.

sunny

I got a franchise going, but Plummer f**kin got hit and broke his ribs in the last preseason game, out for 11 weeks..... :roll:

This game... is awesome.

I used to suck at defense in every previous version of Madden, but these new playmaker defensive controls help so much. It really does keep getting better every year.

Paullyboy

Coach
Paullyboy said:
Maybe I might have to go pick this up, has anyone played the PC version? If so does it have that radio commentary thing between games that it says the PS2 version has?

Well?

camsmith

Juniors
thats it.. tomorrow im going out and getting myself a copy!! :lol: :lol: i want to get it now ;-) ;-)

Bomber

Bench
My brother bought the game as well. Out with NFL 2K3, in with the new

Bloody hell the financials of franchise mode is tough though. Tried to relocate the Texans to Mexico City (because I could) but the city council told me to shove it. Franchise ended up going broke.

Loving it though! How good is that jersey create feature?

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
yea there is a Radio show, "The Tony Bruno Show" its cool..lol with player interviews..also its cool when he speaks about ur team, for example...Im the green bay packers, i just beat the Ravens 40-10 with Ahman Green having a 319yards rushing. after the game while reading the newspappers and emails tony bruno says "well did anyone happen to catch the packers game? cause im glad i did..Ahman green turned up and had a record breaking rushing game..lets take some calls"

then a few people call up and say different things.

You can only listen to the raido show when outside of the weekly schedule screen.

Paullyboy

Coach
Nice, im glad that made PC, I read somewhere it might not.

Im gonna have to go get it this arvo after the Vikers game i think

Big Tim

First Grade
Only problem I have found with the PC version is that you cannot change player positions. I have access to both PS2 an PC versions and on the PS2 you can change player positions.

This feature works well when you have 53 players in your squad and, for example a WR gets hurt. You dont have any space to sign Free Agents, but you need a WR to be active. If you have more than enough active CB's you can change their position to WR and fill the gap without releasing anyone and getting a cap penalty. Once the original player is healthy just change the edited one back.

To do this on PS2 go to View Rosters, select the player using X, go to Edit, then information, then change position (Note: You can only do this when you have more than the required amount for the players current position)

Does anyone know how to do this on the PC version?

camsmith

Juniors
i got the game!! its mad! so many things to learn with the new D features.. oh and i like the create a fan function.. its uhh different :D

Special K

Coach
I am still yet to buy it.. Money is being spent on other things right now but I'm dying to get my hands on it :(

Lets see if I can go another 10 years with Philly :lol: