What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madden 2005

Paullyboy

Coach
That news thing from around the league sounds brilliant, but im worried it will only be for consoles. I dont have a console so have to settle for the second-rate PC version each time (who knows why they dont make them the same :evil: ). If that new around-the-grounds type thing is only in consoles I think ill give this year a miss

Eelectrica

Referee
I had a look at the EA sports website, and it doesn't look good for PC users. All the consoles had stuff written up on them, but the PC section was locked :?
Give how superior PC's are to consoles I don't really understand it, unless they are delaying the PC release to take full advantage of the newer technology, but probably not :x

Paullyboy

Coach
Its because in America the amount of games sold on consoles absolutely dwarfs the amount sold for PC. Thus EA dont give a flying toss about the PC people and are actually starting to phase it out by specificially making the PC version more and more inferior to the console version each year.

Its extremely annoying and on principal alone I refuse to get a console to cave into the way they want the market to be controlled.

Im off my soapbox now, anyone else want a go?

Anonymous

Juniors
I thought 2004 on PC was pretty good, although I never played it on console, what were the differences?

I'll probobly buy 2005 on PS2 though.

Paullyboy

Coach
Off hand i have forgotten the differences as its been so long since ive played the console version. I do know that the PC version wasnt as good as the console version though and that EA dont particularly care that much about the PC market

Funky_Willsy

Juniors
I have bought every version of Madden for the past 4 years. So I will no doubt get this one also. 2005 looks superior to any other sports title we have seen in recent years. So go John! Anyways, the falcon's will be shit once again, due to Mikes leg break! :(

sunny

How do ya know Vick's going to break his leg again Willsy? Do you know something the rest of us don't? :D

Madden looks good......much better than ESPN.......not that ESPN's horrible, just that Madden is much more to my taste.

Madden is truly the best game in all of sports gaming........compare that to the piece of shit NRL game that got served up and you almost feel sick!

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
ESPN 2k5 is and will be way better... and thats comming from a madden fanboy lol

ea has improved alot but if you havent heard or seen anything from espn 2k5 ur gonna be amazed.

This is a fairly old pic compared to the recent ones...check out the rest if you guys want
nfl2k5_ffrx_02.jpg

First video is a sportscentre video with chris bermen, yes this actually occours during the franchises.

2nd video is of chris bermen and his half time show..

madden who? lol
http://www.espnvideogames.com/news/movie.php?id=585&gid=7

http://www.espnvideogames.com/news/movie.php?id=583&gid=7

mickyj

Bench
It gets a bit better each year.

I still have 2 old copies that i played on the Mega Drive. That was a long time ago. The Cowboys had a young running back named Smith.

Each year i buy it and think i will give it a go for a week and if it is not worth keeping take it back and get a refund.

Even if i dont love it i never take it back and am still playing it months later.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
i usually play madden more then all my other games...its the only game that i can play without getting bored until the next year version comes out.

Paullyboy

Coach
Yeh Im still playing madden 2004. Im up to about the 15th year of my Franchise with the Canberra Shineys (I relocated the Vikings :) )

Dragons Cross

Juniors
I've read a few reviews of Madden 2005 and it sounds as if they haven't made a lot of improvement to the graphics and game engine. The most work has gone into the D with the Hitstick etc.

That said it'll still be the best sports game out there and I'll be buying it the day it hits the shelves.

Also its great to see the Pats finally get respect from EA, their D is rated 99.

bucko

Juniors
I think they've actually gone all out on the defensive side this year, giving the AI a massive boost, and offering more options prior to the snap at the line of scrimmage. September the 10th I think it comes out, so we're less then two weeks away now....