What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madden 2012

Raider_69

Post Whore
yea the speed slider is the first thing i adjusted.
when desaun jackson gets run down by brent grimes, you know something aint right

Ausguy

Coach
Mine arrived...

dont suppose anyone has found a controller setup guide for ps3 anywhere?

No manual with games anymore.

No manual with games anymore.

The manual is in the game aus. its in one of the menus.

in any case my initial impressions

You start with a cool video showing maddeness. its great..however not all teams are represented which is lame (no chargers for one)

The menu's are slick and the presentation is very good.

Franchise mode now has cut days as we all know.
i knew which guys i was cutting so that was easy, however its a cool feature. also if you play the pre season theyre built to be like pre season games. game 1 the starters played a quarter. game 2 the same. game 3 they played the half and game basically no starters play.
one note, dunno if theyve lost adverising rights or whatever but qualcomm stadium is now "san diego stadium"

The game play itself is great. rushing is improved a bit so you can actually make a bust.

The linebackers are still too good though in the passing game. magically leaping across the field swatting down passes. anyway whatever

passing is great. you can get a real good feel for the field.

the only let down is the commentary, which is pretty dull. actually the other is when you score a TD its just a blip on the sscoreboard....maybe i need to change the crowd/music settings.

anyway i aslo signed TO just for laughs. 8-1 in franchise mode so far.

superstar mode is still lame.

Ausguy

Coach
agree rcb after an hour or so im 50/50 on it. i can see the new features but im annoyed at the exact same commentary from 2010 and 2011...

running is better as blocking is blocking, you dont feel like everytime you run past the line of scrimmage they automaticlly jump you.... iv made some good breaks.

1-0 in franchise and will get back to it tonight.

further thoughts later

oh and as for the manual... i want a paper one damnit EA!!!

Raider_69

Post Whore
i also dont mind the superstar mode, ive just finished my 2nd season in superstar mode last night as a RB, started with the broncos but they were throwing too much so requested a trade to the cards and got it, ive got absolutely no production as a pass catching RB but i lead the NFL in rushing with 1700+ yards and 21 TD's

Jono078

Referee
Unable to proceed

Were sorry but you are not permitted to register an online pass which is required to access all online features. For more information visit easports.com/onlinepass

What
The
f**k?!
That's what I was getting you have to create another PSN account for the region you go the game from.

I'm not digging Madden much tbh.

Gameplay is fun, although Superstar mode is frustrating as my team can't run the ball and Ponder isn't good enough with shit receivers..

Franchise the menus are horrible and takes so long to check everything.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Is anyone elses franchise mode been stuck on Breast Cancer Week since Week 4?

Kinda getting sick of seeing pink on the Lions. :lol:

dogslife

Coach
I don't mind superstar mode tbh. My only gripe as a HB is that the 49ers OL is balls and I'm getting trampled a bunch!

Monk

Referee
I'm starting to get the hang of it, I'm finding it hard to start a game of throwing the ball, I really need to set the ground game up and go from there.

Is anyone else having trouble running screen plays? It used to be one of my go-to plays especially when I could see the defense was about to blitz and it generally worked for a nice gain, but in this version the HB (or WR) is either getting tackled as he catches the ball for a sizeable loss or it is tipped by a defender who has read it every time. Any tips?

well..

ive played 4 years of franchise. got chargered in the plaoffs year 1. i missed a 55 yard kick with nate keading by hitting the posts in the afc championship game in Pittsburgh. i subsequently cut him. he's snake bit in virtual reality this bloke.
year 2 with a good draft (DT ovr 86 was my first rounder, MLB ovr 88 was my second)went 13-3. won the AFC with not much trouble because i faced the bradyless pats in the AFC championship.
Thrashed the Rams in the superbowl. 58-17 or something. Corey Liegut was MVP thanks to his 4 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and a TD.

next 2 years had good seasons thanks to strong drafting..however i traded Ryan mathews for a 2nd round pick because each season as it hit playoffs time he would get a broken collar bone and be out. which didnt end up mattering much as tolbert and todman is good enough when you have rivers, gates and vincent jackson.

with that extra 2nd round pick that i drafted the new Jerry Rice. 91 overall as a rookie. ridiculous.
my receicers are

Mitchell - 91
Jackson - 89
Brown - 87
Gates - 99

ive turned the chargers into a juggernaut through the draft though. doing patriot style moves of moving down etc ive built an elite defensive front around Corey Leigut (OVR 92 after 4 seasons) a DT i drafted (OVR 88 as a rookie) a new MLB after spikes retired (OVR 93 2 years in) and Cason and Gilchrist at corner.

the ability to nail the draft more accurately is great. however i dont wait to take the guys where they are projected. so my drafts are usually the first 4 picks are great and then the next 3 are randoms who usually get cut.

a few things that annoy me though are this..and they are continuity issues.

in my madden reality..the chargers have 2 superbowl championships. i played the last one it had the caption (San Diego have never won a superbowl) that should update.
the next annoyance is
"phillip rivers, now in his 8th season out of NC state)
well im 4 years after this...couldnt have made updated ones..or better yet just not bother with it.

the menus are a little harder to navigate..but its alright.

my online is so bad that i dont bother though. terrible internet connection = farked games

Monk

Referee
Im into Week 10 of my season ( I like to play the first year, just for shits and giggles).

In week 1 i made about 100 trades to improve my Roster.

Bradie James traded to Lions for Fairly and 2013 First Rounder.
Keith Brooking traded to Philli for Jarrett and 2013 First Rounder.
Picked up Odom, Tatupu, O'Hara and Weaver from FA.

I put Fairly at End (because Ratliff is at DT and Spears is rubbish), and he's a beast.

Love this game.

In regard to screens, i haven't been able to pull one off... :fist: I figured they just nerfed them because they were getting abused in 11. Same with Slants.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Yea screens seem hard to execute, im still getting good results from slants though

:lol: Madden still madden then:
Bradie James traded to Lions for Fairly and 2013 First Rounder.
Keith Brooking traded to Philli for Jarrett and 2013 First Rounder.

Frederick

Staff member
I haven't had much luck with halfback screens, but ive pulled off a few WR bubblescreens so far which I've never been able to do in the past

Latest posts