What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madden NFL 09

Big Tim

First Grade
Antone know when the regular season rosters will be out???

Im waiting for them before I start my Chise.... I know player movements and have adjusted them, but I am more concerned with people who make the teams who arent in the game.

brooksy19

Bench
I like it.

I'm playing franchise mode and the matches are absorbing, really tight games against the good sides (im playing as NY Giants) but I can generally beat the poorer teams with ease. I just played a beauty against the red skins, 17-14, field goal on the buzzer to win it.

not: Im using my own custom skill sliders settings, not that ones dictated by the madden test. (That is what is making the running game so hard for you.)

Jono078

Referee
Antone know when the regular season rosters will be out???

Im waiting for them before I start my Chise.... I know player movements and have adjusted them, but I am more concerned with people who make the teams who arent in the game.
The word is after the first week of the NFL the new rosters will be available.

Also should have patch #2 by mid Sept. That fixes progression in franchise mode :D

brooksy19

Bench
Just lost to the cowboys 20 - 6. could only manage two field goals, even though I enyoyed 20 mins of possesion vs 12 mins for Dallas. I also had something like 250 to 150 offensive yards.

Damn Eli Manning throwing 0 TD's and 4 INT's. Thinking about sitting him for the next game.

Big Tim

First Grade
I am enjoying the fact I took the time to get the US version.... I have Draft Classes for the next 10 years.

They are much better than the Madden generated ones.... a Top 10 DE usually only has a rating of 76 or so.... With the classes top players are near 90 overall.

brooksy19

Bench
I got mine from Play Asia and it has a function to import draft classes.

How does it work and where do I get em ????

CJG 182

Juniors
Yeah Tim i need help with my draft class. I have NCAA 09 and just did imported them straight to madden 09 and they're all way too good. Tebow comes out at 97 ovr. Harvin came out at 91 and Laurinitas (sp) came out at 97 as well!

well.

i just got it. impressive game play. i think i will customise the settings though as i think the madden test running was way easier than normal running in the game.

i got all madden for that and all pro for passing. im not that good at either im telling you now.

rookie for defence seems about right though....

anyway.

the gameplay is great. very smooth. flows nicely. the grass looks better too. thats one thing thats always sh*tted me. madden green i call it.

passing is different. previous versions werent so good as i found whilst hitting your primary reciever was overly hard...30 yard vertical throws to the guy on the left (vincent jackson for example) were f**king easy to pukll off.

the tight end is still my favourite reciever though.

defence is harder. will take a while to master it better. seems harder to tackle people tha ever before. give up some ridiculous touchdowns with defenders all over a guy but he just pops out.

im doing those madden moments currently. theyre fun. im up to the one where you have to get arizona up the field in 34 seconds to tie the game or win. cant wait till i have to pull off hester return. looks good.

8.5/10 so far.

Big Tim

First Grade
the tight end is still my favourite reciever though.

defence is harder. will take a while to master it better. seems harder to tackle people tha ever before. give up some ridiculous touchdowns with defenders all over a guy but he just pops out.

Well.... having Antonio Gates will give you an advantage....

Defence is about calling the right play, and gang tackling.

Practice guiding the defender toward the runner, and quickly changing to the next defender and joining the pile. Tackling is realistic in this way, especially when you get a big back against a DB.

Well.... having Antonio Gates will give you an advantage....

Defence is about calling the right play, and gang tackling.

Practice guiding the defender toward the runner, and quickly changing to the next defender and joining the pile. Tackling is realistic in this way, especially when you get a big back against a DB.

yeah cheers.

as for gates, i dont play much with the chargers. ive found that all teams tight ends seem to get more open. i mean, the good ones (Gates, Whitten etc) are great to have but ive found that ever guys like Zach Miller can pull off good catches for yards. also.they seem to be able to get the 1 on 1 catches running straight up the field..

running im still finding alot harder. any tips ther than change the difficulty settings? i cant seem to get open ever. always jammed up at the line no metter who i use.

Big Tim

First Grade
Dont sprint.

instead of using the juke, move the controller stick hard left/right, this will enable you to do the little shuffle jukes the CPU does all the time, then get downhill.

Change it up..... for once in Madden, if you pound the middle, the D gets used to it, so change it up with a counter or a sweep every now and then.

Remember, a 5yd gain is a good gain.

I play on the first level of All-Madden rushing.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
I only have it on ps2. The gameplay is enjoyable butt he rest is all the bloody exact same, quite dissapointing. Oh well I'm getting a real challenge out of all-madden level running the ball is very tactical and defence is bloody hard.

thanks for the non sprint advice. works a treat.

been playing the madden moments. great fun. just completed the one against the patriots with the eagles.

cant wait for the hester ones.

Jono078

Referee
Anyone else use EA Sports World much? (www.easportsworld.com)

I uploaded a few more vids, actually heaps easy to do. When youre in Madden at the end of a game you can go view replays of each play in the whole game, save the ones you like then from the main menu you can go view then upload them straight to your EA Sports World profile.

Here's a few more vids from me.

EDIT: Well it appears I can't embed? them on this forum.

Here they are though, links to them;

2 seconds before half-time leveled at 10-10 I decided to go for the hail mary

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/632895

This to win the game with 30 seconds left, was behind 32-31 and this won it for me at 37-32

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/632926

Some lucky play against me

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/644176

Last edited:
been playing the madden moments still.

have dne the hester kick return for touchdown a couple of times. the punt is alot harder for some reason.

Jono078

Referee
been playing the madden moments still.

have dne the hester kick return for touchdown a couple of times. the punt is alot harder for some reason.
There is a bit of a trick I read for those ones.

Run up to 1 side of the field then just before you get tackled start running all the way back to your end zone and start running to the other way of the field then straighten up and sometimes you will be good to go with no one ahead of you.

Hope that made sense.

Latest posts