What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madden NFL 09

yeah thats how i did the kick return.

problem is, with the punt....i dont seem to be able to get the blocking when im about 40 yards down the field.

however, yesterday i did pull ourt the 34 points in a quarter as the lions.

amazing skillz.

then again. ive twice stuffed up the one where you have to onside kick, get the ball with 13 seconds and try and tie or win with the Rams.

ive missed the field goal twice. seems the aiming moves when you pull the stick down.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
bought it today

leaps and bounds ahead of 08, still wish i could get my hdmi working :(

Agree on that. I rented out 08 last week and liked it enough that I got 09 a few days ago. Still learning a lot but it's pretty fun so far and the virtual sim thing for training is pretty cool.

Big Tim

First Grade
Patch 1.20 is out.

It came out in Australia well before it was available in the US (and didnt they whinge!)

Things I know they changed are:
Favre's name changed from Farve to Favre in the Collectors edition.
Fixed the "sometime" freezing bug. (I think I had this happen once, but dont really recall it)
Fixed the progression system in Franchise mode.

Things I noticed in my one game:
Running was made easier (less penetration by the defence)
The QB would come to the line of scrimmage, and not snap the ball for 5-10 seconds, and he would hard count. (I dont know if this is all the QB's as I was playing against Eli, and they have always modelled the Manning's QB play, but time will tell)

All in all, I think it makes the game much better, and it may be the last one so they can work on Madden 2010.

There is also a roster update, with fixed Depth Charts and player positions.

Big Tim

First Grade
way too many intereceptions in this game. anyone agree ?

TBH no.

But this may be because I have the Passing Offense and Passing Defense set to 1 notch below max.

The QB does throw too much when they are behind, but this happens in real life, so really, while Pass D is not too difficult to call, it is realistic.

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
LOL I just murdered some guy online last night. I won 50-0 (scored 7 TD's and went for 2 points to make it 50 instead of 49 LOL)

He threw 7 interceptions and I sacked him 5 times. He was the Cowboys and I was the Eagles (great team to roll with IMO cause they are on of the few teams that you can actually use man to man without getting burnt most of the time). He kept running out of the pocket so I just kept putting my ends in contain routes and thus kept forcing him to throw quickly and short where my LB's or CB's were in flats LOL.

He was calling me a cheat and everything LOL and I was glitching somehow because I kept intercepting him.

BTW as for the patch update- yeah it is easier to run run imo. Don't know about progression yet, does it still work if you are still in first year of franchise or do you have to start again?

As for the slow snapping it was made that they don't snap the ball within less than 5 seconds so you can make defensive adjustments because people whinged it was too fast... i prefer it the other way imo- fast snaps are part of the game.

Jono078

Referee
I'm not a fan of the delayed snaps.

Now the CPU doesnt snap the ball until atleast after 5 seconds and it can go for as long as 12 seconds.

Not very realistic when they are a few points behind and with not long left to go and they are just waiting for no reason..

Big Tim

First Grade
I'm not a fan of the delayed snaps.

Now the CPU doesnt snap the ball until atleast after 5 seconds and it can go for as long as 12 seconds.

Not very realistic when they are a few points behind and with not long left to go and they are just waiting for no reason..

Not really, because the QB and OL need to read the defence. Teams that snap the ball before a read get destroyed.

I like the delayed snaps.... I have actually jumped offsides because I was trying to anticipate. Before this anticipating was easy...... wait for the camera to set, slight pause, go!

I am loving it.

Big Tim

First Grade
Just checking to see how people are going.

I have managed to get my IQ up to 750 somehow.... but I am having great games,

I am 6-5 in the second season of my Skins franchise. Devin Thomas has turned into a beast, and is my slot man. While Portis got some back up with first round pick Aaron Brown. My O-line also got a boost with OG Jeff Byers from USC.

Jono078

Referee
The IQ is a joke, it doesn't work well.

I rush for an average of 3 yards a game and the my skill bar for rushing is full!

I've reverted to custom sliders.

EDIT: Btw, everyone in here seems to really like Madden 09, but when you visit the hardcore Madden fans forums, noone rates it at all.

This guy online is great, he analyzes the poor parts of Madden and his more recent videos compare ESPN NFL 2K5 a game that is 4 years old! EA have really dropped off IMO since the elimination of the 2K series. The Franchise is poor - everyone progresses the same EACH franchise and a bunch of other things.

http://au.youtube.com/user/apexisfree

This forum I go on you can actually communicate with the Madden 10 lead designer, he makes posts every day and really thinks he can make Madden 10 great again, he acknowledges that the Madden's on next-gen have been average as well, exciting stuff.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
I Love it played it ever since it came out
I like it, but it's not great, the last few on PS3 dont compare to the PS2 copies in any way at all, the franchise, gameplay and just about everything was better back then.

A few looks at some youtube videos in the above link will point out what is wrong with Madden and how 4 years ago on an old system it was done much better.

Monk

Referee
i will be getting Madden 09 soon, although im debating whether to buy it or FIFA 09 first...

Lynch

Juniors
The IQ is a joke, it doesn't work well.

EDIT: Btw, everyone in here seems to really like Madden 09, but when you visit the hardcore Madden fans forums, noone rates it at all.
+1
i have madden 09 and i havent been more disgusted at a game before.
stupid bugs, innacuricies, poor simulation and nothing has changed since 2005!!!!!
WTF!!!
not worth the money at all.
today i was playing with my linebacker with 99 tackle.
i was playing against the Bucs on All-Madden. Marcel Shipp was running at me and i was missing tackles!!!! WTF!
then their QB gives him the pitch to the outside, i run around to witness a corner with 55-65 tackle ability absolutely lay Shipp out!!
+all the stupid magnetic blockers just pull u in, whether ur near them or not..
its just awful:x

Jono078

Referee
Haha stats don't mean anything in 09.

Eli Manning trucking the likes of a Troy Polamalu :lol:

Latest posts