What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magpies Extraordinary General Meeting

joejoe

Juniors
The Western Suburbs Magpies Football Club is a democracy.

We as members deserve the right to vote on major decisions.

In 1999 the members agreed to allow the joint venture to form on condition that the Magpies continued to field sides in the lower grade competition including Reserve Grade (Now known as NSW Cup)

To change this agreement we must go back to the members. It is that simple.

Previously the Magpies Chairman agreed this must go to the members. At the Magpies AGM this year he promised this would happen by June this year.

The Wests Groups decision to remove our right to vote on having 1 NSW Cup side next year (killing off the Magpies) without first asking the Members goes against everything the Magpies, Democracy, and being a member of a club stands for.

Therefor I need you help. I need all Western Suburbs Football Club members to sign a document demanding we hold an Extraordinary General Meeting on the 14th of October so we can vote on this proposal.

I need members signatures THIS Saturday. I will be in the Campbelltown area all day. Please suggest a meeting spot. I will submit the request for an Extraordinary General Meeting that (Saturday) night to the football club board.

This will fulfill the 21days notice we must give as required by our constitution.

Unlike other members of the Wests Group, we will play by the rules.

Let the members have a say, we will live or die by the democratic decision.

If you are a member of the football club I cannot stress how important this is. We need your signatures this Saturday, and we need you to vote on the 14th of October.

Its time to put up, or shut up.

The 1st step is crucial. If we don't get enough Signatures this Saturday, its all over!!!

So if your a Magpies Football Club member, and can make it to Campbelltown this Saturday please let me know.

You can email me at galahs.australia@gmail.com

Vic Mackey

Referee
Its such an outrage that the 17 people who watch the magpies play nsw cup every week will have to join the 150 people who watch them play sg ball instead

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Meh. These lower grade teams for Wests and Balmain are a financial drain in both clubs.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I'm an ex Balmain supporter and I agree that the Magpies are being shafted here...

I'm wondering however, it they agreed for the NSWRL team to be called Wests Magpies, would that be enough for their fans, or do they want one day for the NRL team to also be called Wests Magpies?

Front-Rower

First Grade
We've come to far. We have a new generation of Wests Tigers fans, not Balmain, not Western Suburbs fans but Wests Tigers fans. The quicker the older generation let go the better the future will be for the club and its supporters down the line.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
We are currently 3 battling teams. Its in the best interests of all 3 clubs survival that they work together.

This will never happened with these old boys clubs running the show.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I dont see why the merged Wests Tigers NSW RL team couldnt be called the Wests Magpies though...

The Dragons can somehow survive with their NSWRL team being called Illawarra...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
because it wouldm't be honouring the alleged iron clad 50/50 deal between Balmain and Wests.

I personally don't give a f**k what they call it, just f**king do it!

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I'm an ex Balmain supporter and I agree that the Magpies are being shafted here...

I'm wondering however, it they agreed for the NSWRL team to be called Wests Magpies, would that be enough for their fans, or do they want one day for the NRL team to also be called Wests Magpies?

That would keep me happy. Total loss of the magpie emblem is something I'm very uneasy about. I'm still considering walking away from the game if its gone.

macnaz

Staff member
Im not up to date with all this so can someone fill me in. Is it correct that there will be no Balmain or Wests magpies in the state cup ? IF so it is the end of Balmain as well.. Because all i hear is crying about magpies and nothing about Balmain going.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Im not up to date with all this so can someone fill me in. Is it correct that there will be no Balmain or Wests magpies in the state cup ? IF so it is the end of Balmain as well.. Because all i hear is crying about magpies and nothing about Balmain going.

This is what pisses me off.

Would the Wests whingers be happy if the state cup side were called the Balmain Magpies ?

I don't know the whole thing to me seems like we should be called Wests Tigers and we should have the magpie on our sleeve when we wear the Wests combined jersey. We can wear the traditional jerseys a couple of times per year.

Truthfully I think that there are too many whingers and we would be better off if they just f**ked off.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
This is what pisses me off.

Would the Wests whingers be happy if the state cup side were called the Balmain Magpies ?

I don't know the whole thing to me seems like we should be called Wests Tigers and we should have the magpie on our sleeve when we wear the Wests combined jersey. We can wear the traditional jerseys a couple of times per year.

Truthfully I think that there are too many whingers and we would be better off if they just f**ked off.
The situation is this.

There is a small group of Magpies supporters who dream of a return to the
NRL in their own right. The group is led by Campbelltown Magpies not the
Lidcombe/Pratten park dinasaurs. They believe that despite having a 50/50
agreement with Balmain they should be the dominant partnership in the merger
because:

* Ashfield is the financial powerhouse of the Wests Tigers and the financial future
of Wests Tigers.
* Campbelltown is the largest rugby league nursery in the world, and the
Wests Tigers should be made up wholly and solely of Campbelltown juniors
* Wests Juniors shouldn't have to travel by car for an hour to get to
training because this is too arduous.

The group aims can be summarised as follows:

* If they don't get what they want, they want Balmain destroyed, and even
more importantly Wests Tigers, since Wests Tigers is a reincarnation of
Balmain.
* The return of the Magpies to the NRL at any cost hopefully via the collapse
of Balmain and subsequently the merger.

What are they doing.
* They seem to have found a constitutional lawyer who is assisting them with
ways to break the Wests Tigers merger, and they are also trying to raise
funds to challenge the legality of not having two NSW cups team fielded
by the merger.

How are they regarded by the Wests Groups (which is trying to call them off
on their own forum)?
* As clinically insane

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Balmain is financially as close to buried as it can get. Their NSW Cup side is propped up by Ryde-Eastwood.

Wests don't want to lose their team for whatever reason they don't know. They bang on about the f**king emblems for christs sake. Do they want a football team, or do they just want a NRL side to have a picture of a f**king bird on it? Seriously, is this what the bitching has come to?

FACT: Neither Balmain or Western Suburbs will ever return to the NRL.
FACT: Wests Tigers have a bunch of kids supporting them who have no interest and possibly even knowledge of Western Suburbs or Balmain.

It's time the old bitching factions within both Balmain and Magpies were f**ked off, a proper merger took place and we moved on, focussing entirely on Wests Tigers.

Magpies and Balmain will still have their leagues clubs and their history. Bitching over pictures on a jumper is like the last little flutter of a life in a dying body.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Balmain is financially as close to buried as it can get. Their NSW Cup side is propped up by Ryde-Eastwood.

Wests don't want to lose their team for whatever reason they don't know. They bang on about the f**king emblems for christs sake. Do they want a football team, or do they just want a NRL side to have a picture of a f**king bird on it? Seriously, is this what the bitching has come to?

FACT: Neither Balmain or Western Suburbs will ever return to the NRL.
FACT: Wests Tigers have a bunch of kids supporting them who have no interest and possibly even knowledge of Western Suburbs or Balmain.

It's time the old bitching factions within both Balmain and Magpies were f**ked off, a proper merger took place and we moved on, focussing entirely on Wests Tigers.

Magpies and Balmain will still have their leagues clubs and their history. Bitching over pictures on a jumper is like the last little flutter of a life in a dying body.
This isn't part of the old bitching. This is a Campbelltown group. It is led by galahs
and people who are 30- 35. They would prefer to have no NRL side at all, just so long
as Balmain is destroyed and with it the Wests Tigers.

These people are not rational, and they are regarded as nothing but sabteurs
by the Wests Group.

JoeJoe is appealing to West Tigers supporters to help him kill off Wests Tigers.

Their first goal is to overthrow the Ashfield board by getting the numbers at
a meeting. Failing this, I understand that they believe they think they have caught
out one or more directors for receiving gifts (private box seats etc) from Wests Tigers
and they think that they can have the NSW cup decision overturned by taking legal
action.

Their next goal is to overthrow the current Wests Group members on the Wests Tigers
board (who they regard as not acting in the interests of the magpies).

If galah's constitutional lawyer is acting gratis (I think this is the case) then
there will be a legal fight that could potentially bankrupt the Wests group, and
providing another avenue of collapsing the merger and getting the magpies reinstated
to the NRL. Mostly likely they will just further weaken the Wests Group.

I'm not a lawyer, but I think galahs and co are going to have to find real money
from somewhere even if they have got people who will do some things for nothing
so I think they are toothless tiger, or should I say a beakless magpie.

Last edited:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
People should never, ever be told to give up.

even when its a hopeless situation.

My advice would be keep on truckin', but don't get your hopes up.

You could be North Sydney FFS - a feeder club to Souths or Newtown, a feeder club to the Roosters. As it is, you provide players to your own NRL team.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
People should never, ever be told to give up.

even when its a hopeless situation.

My advice would be keep on truckin', but don't get your hopes up.

You could be North Sydney FFS - a feeder club to Souths or Newtown, a feeder club to the Roosters. As it is, you provide players to your own NRL team.

Piss off Ronnie you don't know anything about it.

BuffaloRules

Coach

But the point seems to be that the ex Balmain crowd dont seem to care...

Actually Balmain died years ago when they merged with Ryde- Eastwood.

If the ex Wests Magpie crowd want to go back to the deal they were originally promised that they would live on in the NSWRL, and the ex Balmain crowdhave previously surrendered that right, than what's the problem?

CrazyTiger

Juniors
But the point seems to be that the ex Balmain crowd dont seem to care...

Actually Balmain died years ago when they merged with Ryde- Eastwood.

If the ex Wests Magpie crowd want to go back to the deal they were originally promised that they would live on in the NSWRL, and the ex Balmain crowdhave previously surrendered that right, than what's the problem?

None at all.

They aren't doing it for altruistic reasons though. Their goal is the destruction of
the merger and being back in the NRL in their own right.

This group has a pathological hatred of Balmain, and blames them for all their problems.
It has been stated quite clearly amongst their supporter base that it is more important
for the magpies to live on, than it is for the Wests Tigers to flourish.

This splinter group want the Wests Magpies back and all costs. It has nothing whatsoever
to do with NSW cup. It is just a way of fooling people like you.

Both the Wests Group and Balmain are trying to push forward in a sensible manner
so they get the best out of a joint investment. The splinter group is trying to destroy
the Wests Group in its current guise.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Their goal is the destruction of
the merger and being back in the NRL in their own right.

This group has a pathological hatred of Balmain, and blames them for all their problems.
It has been stated quite clearly amongst their supporter base that it is more important
for the magpies to live on, than it is for the Wests Tigers to flourish.

I think your right and I want to beat the absolute shit out of the f**ken wankers. I am a however a pacifist so I would be happy just to ban them from being seen in public for the rest of their lives.

Seriously isn't there government help available for these people so we can just f**k them off. Is this Julia's fault ? If not who is the minister in charge of f**king deranged cowards so I can write whoever it is a letter. Lets get them altogether (probably about 15 of them) at a meeting and just lock the f**kers up for life.

Latest posts