What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magpies Extraordinary General Meeting

joejoe

Juniors
There is no alternative motive!

We think the Campbelltown/Macarthur/Liverpool/Southern Highlands districts deserve their own representative sides at a NSW Cup level.

We also believe it is in Rugby Leagues best interests to keep two foundation clubs alive.

Just because us Magpie fans think its important to keep our 104 year old Foundation Club alive, and Balmain have given up all hope, doesn't mean we who have passion for our club should be just brushed to the wayside.

And to those making rash claims, get it through your thick skulls, we have never pushed the idea of returning to the NRL. but you wont listen to that will you....

CrazyTiger

Juniors

We think the Campbelltown/Macarthur/Liverpool/Southern Highlands districts deserve their own representative sides at a NSW Cup level.

We also believe it is in Rugby Leagues best interests to keep two foundation clubs alive.

Just because us Magpie fans think its important to keep our 104 year old Foundation Club alive, and Balmain have given up all hope, doesn't mean we who have passion for our club should be just brushed to the wayside.

And to those making rash claims, get it through your thick skulls, we have never pushed the idea of returning to the NRL. but you wont listen to that will you....

Balmain doesn't have anything to do with you keeping your magpies in the NSW cup.

If Magpie fans thought it was so important to keep your 104 year history Club alive,
you wouldn't be scratching around for the votes you need to achieve what you want.
How many votes do you need out of curiosity? I assume you won't get near it.

It matters who "we" are. We appears to be very few people indeed. If you had the
numbers, you wouldn't have a problem. There is no we, just a handful of guys who
can't let go.

I don't mean to be cruel, but we means you, and a couple of others (like oneeyedwonder).
Rather than egging this bloke on, maybe you should show some concern for the bloke
with regards to letting go of the death of his father.

Last edited:

BuffaloRules

Coach
None at all.

They aren't doing it for altruistic reasons though. Their goal is the destruction of
the merger and being back in the NRL in their own right.

This group has a pathological hatred of Balmain, and blames them for all their problems.
It has been stated quite clearly amongst their supporter base that it is more important
for the magpies to live on, than it is for the Wests Tigers to flourish.

This splinter group want the Wests Magpies back and all costs. It has nothing whatsoever
to do with NSW cup. It is just a way of fooling people like you.

I think you are being paranoid mate...

The Wests Magpies could not survive in the NRL on their own.. their members had the good sense to make that call 13 years ago...

Vic Mackey

Referee

Bahahahahahahhahhaaa is this clown serious?!

Yep I can see kids gracing the fields of campbeltown Saturday morning one day hoping to grace the field in magpies colours. Emulating their heros Trent Touma (the magpies halfback btw, household name) as they go down 52-4 in a hard fought loss against the team second last infront of 17 people.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
I think you are being paranoid mate...

The Wests Magpies could not survive in the NRL on their own.. their members had the good sense to make that call 13 years ago...

There is a VERY small section of ex magpies supporters who are actively trying to
destroy the merger. joejoe (Grame Synzal) is one of them. They are acting against
the majority wishes of the Wests Group and are trying to wreck it. I don't think for
a moment they are going to be successful. However they can potentially cost the
Wests Group money and damage the merger by taking legal action.

Please don't mistake your ignorance for paranoia on my part.

BuffaloRules

Coach
There is a VERY small section of ex magpies supporters who are actively trying to
destroy the merger. joejoe (Grame Synzal) is one of them. They are acting against
the majority wishes of the Wests Group and are trying to wreck it. I don't think for
a moment they are going to be successful. However they can potentially cost the
Wests Group money and damage the merger by taking legal action.

Please don't mistake your ignorance for paranoia on my part.

You might want to look up the definition of paranoia..

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/paranoia?s=t

2.baseless or excessive suspicion of the motives of others

Sound familiar?

CrazyTiger

Juniors
You might want to look up the definition of paranoia..

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/paranoia?s=t

Sound familiar?

They have published their intensions in a public space (a different forum), so it
isn't baseless. You could try checking out their threads regarding legal action for
a start. Nutters yes. Unlikely to succeed, yes. Full of hot air, almost certainly.
Would they like to be successful, yes.

Say hi to jesus for me. Being easily taken in is nothing to brag about.

Last edited:

BuffaloRules

Coach
They have published their intensions in a public space (a different forum), so it
isn't baseless. You could try checking out their threads regarding legal action for
a start. Nutters yes. Unlikely to succeed, yes. Full of hot air, almost certainly.
Would they like to be successful, yes.

Say no more - if it on the internet it must be true. Just look at everything that gets posted here...

Say hi to jesus for me. Being easily taken in is nothing to brag about.

Well dont brag about it then!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just a complete unwillingness to co-operate and negiotaiate rationally.

Nothing wrong with that. A Wests Tigers NSW Cup side would be their representative and would play games at Campbelltown. Hell, as part of the deal and sensible neogtiating, you may be able to get the majority of their games played out of Campbelltown.

If Rugby League cared about keeping foundation clubs alive they wouldn't have forced Balmain, Wests and Norths into mergers and axed Newtown (as well as Souths briefly). The new generation of league fans will be Wests Tigers fans. All juniors who come through the Macarthur/Campbelltown region will aspire to play for the Wests Tigers. It doesn't matter what the NSW Cup team is called or what their emblems are, the future generation is no longer interested in it, purely because Wests Tigers gets all the attention. I absolutely HATE that foundation clubs have been treated the way they have. But whats done is done.

So if the Magpies don't get a NSW Cup side are Wests and Wests Ashfield just going to shut their doors are they? The club will still be alive. This is just nonsense trying to turn a logical argument into an emotional one.

Here's a question for you. Pick one. What's more important to Wests Magpies. The survival and success of Wests Tigers OR the Wests Magpies.

Can the Magpies survive without the Wests Tigers or do they need Wests Tigers to keep the Magpies relevant?

I'd also like to point out, that I have no animosity towards Wests Magpies as a club. What I have a problem with is how Wests and Balmain have barely seen eye to eye ever since the merger and the constant white anting that goes on between the two clubs.

When will each clubs respective boards pull their heads out of 1978 and get with the times?

Rugby League is business now. Pure and Simple. It's time both clubs started treating their respective clubs accordingly. Look to the future. The future is Wests Tigers.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Say no more - if it on the internet it must be true. Just look at everything that gets posted here...

This is a very common fallacy. -> Just because everything that is posted on the
internet isn't true, it doesn't mean some posts on the internet are not true.

I like your logic. He is telling the truth in this public domain, but is lying in his
conversations amongst his supporters in another public domain, because not everything
that is posted on the internet is true.

Well I guess that explains your monicker BuffaloRules. Just one of the herd.

PS: When I answered your post, I wasn't really talking to you, I was talking
to Graeme and his followers (indirectly). Can you manage to parse that Simple Simon.
Direct responses to me regarding comments made in this thread are on the Wests Magpies
forum. We are having a cross forum discussion.

Last edited:

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Just a complete unwillingness to co-operate and negiotaiate rationally.

Nothing wrong with that. A Wests Tigers NSW Cup side would be their representative and would play games at Campbelltown. Hell, as part of the deal and sensible neogtiating, you may be able to get the majority of their games played out of Campbelltown.

If Rugby League cared about keeping foundation clubs alive they wouldn't have forced Balmain, Wests and Norths into mergers and axed Newtown (as well as Souths briefly). The new generation of league fans will be Wests Tigers fans. All juniors who come through the Macarthur/Campbelltown region will aspire to play for the Wests Tigers. It doesn't matter what the NSW Cup team is called or what their emblems are, the future generation is no longer interested in it, purely because Wests Tigers gets all the attention. I absolutely HATE that foundation clubs have been treated the way they have. But whats done is done.

So if the Magpies don't get a NSW Cup side are Wests and Wests Ashfield just going to shut their doors are they? The club will still be alive. This is just nonsense trying to turn a logical argument into an emotional one.

Here's a question for you. Pick one. What's more important to Wests Magpies. The survival and success of Wests Tigers OR the Wests Magpies.

Can the Magpies survive without the Wests Tigers or do they need Wests Tigers to keep the Magpies relevant?

I'd also like to point out, that I have no animosity towards Wests Magpies as a club. What I have a problem with is how Wests and Balmain have barely seen eye to eye ever since the merger and the constant white anting that goes on between the two clubs.

When will each clubs respective boards pull their heads out of 1978 and get with the times?

Rugby League is business now. Pure and Simple. It's time both clubs started treating their respective clubs accordingly. Look to the future. The future is Wests Tigers.
You sound more paranoid that me :)

I don't think this is the traditional Balmain vs Wests fighting at all. The Wests Group
is being quite reasonable in my opinion. Galahs has gone rogue and is trying to
take out everyone to achieve total victory.

Assuming he doesn't get the numbers, we are going to find out what this bloke really
has got. At this stage they are funding their legal campaign by selling stickers, but
he reckons he has a constitutional lawyer capable of breaking the merger.

He has got genuine legal advice from a constitutional lawyer, so his claim that he
has someone giving him freebies seems to be good at this stage. Eventually he is
going to need money though.

Last edited:

boonboon

Juniors
Just a quick mention that the supposedly unsupported Balmain had 5000 at leichardt to watch them in the finals last weekend. However most weeks that I have seen thier is no one their (well a few hundred max). How many go the West magpies floggings in NSW Cup - Is thier ever any crowd.

Personally I stopped following either team in NSW cup despite being ex Balmain and have taken to following the mighty Newtown Jets in NSW cup. I still cheer on balmain or wests if they are playing in a double header but my loyalty in Newtown and Wests Tigers so the combined side will mean 2 teams to follow in NSW cup weekends alternating between Henson and Leichardt

N.C.

Juniors
Does it even matter that the NSW Cup is a shadow of what it was when it was a proper reserve grade comp?

Highlander

Juniors
You sound more paranoid that me :)

I don't think this is the traditional Balmain vs Wests fighting at all. The Wests Group
is being quite reasonable in my opinion. Galahs has gone rogue and is trying to
take out everyone to achieve total victory.

Assuming he doesn't get the numbers, we are going to find out what this bloke really
has got. At this stage they are funding their legal campaign by selling stickers, but
he reckons he has a constitutional lawyer capable of breaking the merger.

He has got genuine legal advice from a constitutional lawyer, so his claim that he
has someone giving him freebies seems to be good at this stage. Eventually he is
going to need money though.

Of course you think wests group is being Resonable there agreeing to call everything "the tigers" which keeps you all happy.

We have a right to want to see our club our emblem our colors survive at any costs we as supporters see fit.And dont kid yourself more and more people in the Macarthur are seeing it for what it is!! dont think its just galahs and a few others alot more people are getting involved of late!!!!

Wests tigers do not represent Macathur they dont even want to be here!! and that will reflect in crowds dropping more and more out there!!

I once supported the Merger 100 per cent but never again!!

Magpies forever!!!

RedVee

First Grade

Would the Magpies consider continuing as a Bundaberg Red team?

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Of course you think wests group is being Resonable there agreeing to call everything "the tigers" which keeps you all happy.

We have a right to want to see our club our emblem our colors survive at any costs we as supporters see fit.And dont kid yourself more and more people in the Macarthur are seeing it for what it is!! dont think its just galahs and a few others alot more people are getting involved of late!!!!

Wests tigers do not represent Macathur they dont even want to be here!! and that will reflect in crowds dropping more and more out there!!

Magpies forever!!!
Hi Highlander

Long time no chat. I've been miraculously unbanned on the magpies forum, presumably
since Graeme wants to throw a tantrum about not being able to speak freely on other
platforms. Most people only like democracy and free speech when it suits them, or
am I just paranoid?

I've given you guys plenty, but I've always been unwavering in my support for you
guys to have have your say.

I agree you have every right to try to over throw the Wests Group and if you manage
to find the resources to put your legal action and plans into practice and you win, then
so be it.

Cheers

Last edited:

Front-Rower

First Grade
Let's keep holding on and holding on while the other clubs keep getting stronger and stronger. Let's get back to Liddy Oval and the days of face slapping, let's play a double header against Parra and Manly then belt out another one bites the dust over the PA when we win. Then all head up to Liddy Hotel for a beer and carry on until it's closing time. Let's all live in the past and have no regard for our future because it doesn't suit us now. In my opinion Wests Tigers is the future for our club. Not Balmain, not Western Suburbs but our club as it stands today. It's time to get serious or watch all three die a quick death.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

Magpies forever!!!
and how are the NSW Cup crowds going for a team that gets lapped by 50 every week, at best?

Highlander

Juniors
Would be going alot better if we had our fair share of the talent pool!!

Honestly id rather Wests in the NSW cup like Newtown or Norths than be Wests tigers atleast they get keep there name and history alive better than being slowly killed!!!

Im sure most people on here will not like that but Stiff ill give WT respect when they give Western Suburbs and Macathur/Highlands the respect it deserves!!