What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maguire Might Not Choose Teddy This Year

isaiah

Bench
Said it over the summer. I think Tommy and Latrell have it in their heads now. Neither deserve the NSW fullback spot on form

Turbo certainly didn’t help his cause this weekend
Yea man.... much as I love Turbo you gotta wonder if he should be in the team at all, let alone at fullback.

If Freddy was still coaching he'd probably still pick Latrell and Turbo regardless, but Madge has been pretty vocal about a clean slate and picking on form. If he's legit on that, Tago is the first centre picked surely.

Yea man.... much as I love Turbo you gotta wonder if he should be in the team at all, let alone at fullback.

If Freddy was still coaching he'd probably still pick Latrell and Turbo regardless, but Madge has been pretty vocal about a clean slate and picking on form. If he's legit on that, Tago is the first centre picked surely.
I see where you are coming from but I think that Critter, Best, Turbo and Latrell all get a game before Tago.

I see where you are coming from but I think that Critter, Best, Turbo and Latrell all get a game before Tago.
I dunno TBH... like I say, if Freddy was still around, then yea absolutely those other guys would have first dibs no matter how shit they were going in clubland.

But Madge might be keen to make a statement with some big selection calls and picking Tago would be fully justified on form. Assuming form holds and no injuries/suspensions, I think he's got a decent shot at starting alongside Critter.

And if he doesn't injure himself again, I reckon Egan might be a smokey too. Madge rates him and he and Api would be the most creative and in-form 9s for NSW at the moment.

soc123_au

Staff member
Teddy doing his best to be removed from the discussion based on what we saw last night. The glue factory would have second thoughts.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
and yet last weekend Teddy was on fire and Edwards very hit and miss. I would go with Tedesco and leave Edwards out. I still think he is one of those good for Penrith not so good out of Penrith players . I think Yeo should be out.
Crichton has surprised me and should probably be the first centre pick, if you pick LM then he is the other. But I think not picking LM on the selectors terms (not LM saying I am not playing) would do him the world of good.
I hope Api is fit to play as I think he is the form hooker.

Wizardman

First Grade
Teddy played very well last week against the Broncs.....prob his best game in the last two seasons. If he continues that form, he offers that bit more in terms of team attack than Edwards does....so I'd pick Teddy.
In saying that, Edwards has probably been the form player of the NRL over the last three years.
A difficult one......but I do understand if they pick a form Teddy over Edwards. Last year, Edwards should have clearly been picked as Teddy was well below his best.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
Teddy played very well last week against the Broncs.....prob his best game in the last two seasons. If he continues that form, he offers that bit more in terms of team attack than Edwards does....so I'd pick Teddy.
In saying that, Edwards has probably been the form player of the NRL over the last three years.
A difficult one......but I do understand if they pick a form Teddy over Edwards. Last year, Edwards should have clearly been picked as Teddy was well below his best.
If it was his best game in two seasons, it'll probably be another two seasons before he plays as well again. Whereas Edwards is on song every week.

Wizardman

First Grade
If it was his best game in two seasons, it'll probably be another two seasons before he plays as well again. Whereas Edwards is on song every week.
If I could pick any fullback for my club in the world, I'd pick Dylan Edwards without a doubt. I hope Edwards gets the spot but I wouldn't be filthy if Teddy keeps it if he shows similar form to last week.

MKCS

Juniors
I don't think Tedesco has done anything wrong enough to lose his spot this year, of course as a Roosters fan I am biased though.

I am a big believer that for games like Origin you want experienced players and when it comes to Tedesco he's the captain of Australia and NSW and has plenty of big game and rep experience. Dylan Edwards? He's had that as well but not as much as Tedesco.

Latest posts