What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maguire not happy with Isaac Luke??

BunnyManny

Juniors
I've heard from a reliable source that Madge is not entirely happy with Isaac Luke and his training methods. Apparently he is a lazy trainer. Not to sure if anyone else has heard the same.

I think that a fully fit Isaac Luke is too good to be out of our side. As good as Nathan Peats is, i think Isaac ads a different dimension to our attack.

Also, despite the loss i was very pleased with the way we went for 70 odd minutes. I thought we showed great character from going 6-0 down.

Looking forward to seeing how we go against the storm this week.

fred95

Juniors
I've heard from a reliable source that Madge is not entirely happy with Isaac Luke and his training methods. Apparently he is a lazy trainer. Not to sure if anyone else has heard the same.

I think that a fully fit Isaac Luke is too good to be out of our side. As good as Nathan Peats is, i think Isaac ads a different dimension to our attack.

Also, despite the loss i was very pleased with the way we went for 70 odd minutes. I thought we showed great character from going 6-0 down.

Looking forward to seeing how we go against the storm this week.

First time I've heard Madge is unhappy with Luke, but believe there is acrimony between the pair. An article in Sundays Telegraph I think two weeks ago stated that Luke was very upset with Madge's strict discipline at training and is unhappy at the club.

t10do

Juniors
Anything the telegraph says, believe the opposite

True.

In actual fact, I have heard the opposite (that they are not butting heads).

Until something is actually said, I don't think we should jump to conclusions.

To me, its a case of Luke not getting game time due his OWN actions (suspension) and Peats has done fine in his place. Any coach would love competition for spots and am sure Madge is making a point that if you want a place in the team, you earn it. It must be a match fitness/sharpness thing too (again not helped by his suspensions).

I see what you are saying BunnyMunny, but lets wait at least until the weekend. If come round 10 the situation is still the same...........then maybe.

Then again he may become one of our best players (which he is) coming off the bench with the tactic working in our favor.

Isaaxe

Juniors
I have heard the exact opposite from a far less dodgy source than the one that this info comes from.

DC_fan

Coach
Would not be surprised if LUke is cut from Souths playing roster, sooner rather then later.

Big Sam

First Grade
Would not be surprised if LUke is cut from Souths playing roster, sooner rather then later.

And the club would have to then pay out the remaining 4 years of a 5-year deal which would probably amount to at least $2M.

What a moronic suggestion.

DC_fan

Coach
And the club would have to then pay out the remaining 4 years of a 5-year deal which would probably amount to at least $2M.

What a moronic suggestion.

That's what happens when you sign players to lengthy contracts. It was dumb for the club to do so.

Maybe, more likely probably they will not release him. But then you could have the problem of him being a bad influence in the locker room and on the training paddock.

I don't know what has gone wrong with Luke. His attitude seems to be completely different from a few years back. Or is it that we are finally seeing the real Issac Luke?

innerwestrabbit

Juniors
I doubt the coach has a major problem with luke. I would be happy to see him more of an impact role. He is a power athlete. Peats is a mixture of both

African Monkey

First Grade
That's what happens when you sign players to lengthy contracts. It was dumb for the club to do so.

Maybe, more likely probably they will not release him. But then you could have the problem of him being a bad influence in the locker room and on the training paddock.

I don't know what has gone wrong with Luke. His attitude seems to be completely different from a few years back. Or is it that we are finally seeing the real Issac Luke?

Do you know for sure that this is happening?

DC_fan

Coach
Do you know for sure that this is happening?

No, just me adding 2 and 2 and coming up with 4. Some may suggest I have come up with 5. Which I suppose it quite possible.

Look the problem with Issac Luke is that he has an attitude, both on the field and training paddock that does not fits well with the coach or fans.

No doubt he can play, but until he changes his ways then he he os going to be a problem for he team.

Would I cut him from the team? If he doesnt change his ways I would. Their would have to be some part to his contract that would allow the team to release him without cost to them. If their is not then the club would judt have to wear the cost. Again showing them how stupid it is to sign some players to long term contracts.

hunters

Juniors
No, just me adding 2 and 2 and coming up with 4. Some may suggest I have come up with 5. Which I suppose it quite possible.

Look the problem with Issac Luke is that he has an attitude, both on the field and training paddock that does not fits well with the coach or fans.

No doubt he can play, but until he changes his ways then he he os going to be a problem for he team.

Would I cut him from the team? If he doesnt change his ways I would. Their would have to be some part to his contract that would allow the team to release him without cost to them. If their is not then the club would judt have to wear the cost. Again showing them how stupid it is to sign some players to long term contracts.
No one is doubting 2 and 2 make 4. What most people are thinking is that you have imagined 2, made up 2 and then come up with 4.

Wake up to yourselves rabbitohs fans.This is a non issue drummed up by News Limited and opposition fans who are spewing that the Mighty Rabbitohs have one of the best players in the game tied up for the next (4)? years.
Even the crooked NRL is targeting Luke for things that other players get away with.What happened to Slater for contact with the ref last week,F ALL!

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Souths fans just can't seem to grasp the reality of situations.

DC Fan is right. Luke has an attitude problem (as if this isn't obvious) and Maguire won't cop his shit on his watch. Its pretty simple and Maguire will win the day regardless.

I've got a good source for this and I'm not trolling.

Its certainly not as sensational a situation as the Tele have made out (what a shock), but Maguire is imposing himself on the club as he has been bought to Souths to do. Your clubs culture needs to change. Denying Luke has issues just because he is talented is 1980's logic, still prevalent at Redfern and the reason you've become a laughing stock.

Maguire will be given carte blanche to do as he needs to change the culture and whining star players, no matter how good they are, won't make the cut.

As I said, no trolling and I can verify a source, but the same thing has been happening in any sport you care to mention forever and that will continue to be the case.

Latest posts