What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Make the effort

2 True Blues

Coach
The presentation is from the fans. Although it wasn't meant to be posted on the forums and we had been keeping it quiet for sometime MURPH already knows anyway, so I suppose it does not hurt.

Gonna be a HUGE day mate, HUGE !!!!!

GO THE MIGHTY BLUEBAGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the boys need a lotta support, this could be the biggest game so far this season,.............. so no excuses evrybody needs to be at Henson park and SHOAT the jets home !!

the loss of soward will be a huge blow for the Jets, but at least Finch is playing for the chooks.
going to be a huge crowd and I'm pumped already.

Final score prediction: Newtown 22 - Pawwa 14.
with the Beam boys also having a win!

2 True Blues

Coach
colcaseysheadband said:
the boys need a lotta support, this could be the biggest game so far this season,.............. so no excuses evrybody needs to be at Henson park and SHOAT the jets home !!

The biggest and most important game with a depleted side. I agree totally CCHB......Lets all get together on the Hill and let this GREAT team of Jets really know how important they are to us.

Lets get those chants from last years semi's going strong tomorrow as a group and really let the boys know we are behind then all the way, no matter what !!!!

Well said CCHB, I am with you all the way !!!!! Who else is with us ????

2 True Blues

Coach
Henson Park Hornets said:
the loss of soward will be a huge blow for the Jets, but at least Finch is playing for the chooks.
going to be a huge crowd and I'm pumped already.

Final score prediction: Newtown 22 - Pawwa 14.
with the Beam boys also having a win!

Onya HPH.......Lets get loud brother......

2 True Blues

Coach
Parra lineup for Saturday courtesy of Glenn from the Eels forum *******

1.Joel Reddy
2.Etu Uaisele
3.Ben Farrar
4.Kris Inu
5.John Williams
6.Feleti Mateo
7.Blake Green
8.Brendan Oake
9.Matt Keating
10.Junior Paulo
11.Brett Delaney
12.Zeb Taia
13.Henry Peranara

14.Marcus Peranara
15.Drew Dalton
16.Peter Lewis
17.Aaron Wood
18.John Firth
19.Tim Wynn

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
newtown_1908_s.jpg
Go JETS!!!
newtown_1908_s.jpg

2 True Blues

Coach
Best we can do is second now, but 14 to 6 at half time and the final score 20 to 6 was not that bad with heaps of players out, and we will have them coming back at semi time. Did Andrew Le BRETON double up AGAIN !!!! Are we really that short now that players have to play in both games to make up the numbers...????

Parra played well and deserved the win though. They are awesome in defence and rightly hold the title of best defence in the comp. But we can do a lot better in attack than we saw last Saturday.

Good turn out in the crowd, however I thought they were pretty quite overall when some support would not have gone astray !!!

greg

Juniors
I wouldnt be too worried with the loss. Sometimes a loss can be healthy, kill any complacency that may creep in. As you said 2TB, that was not our best side on the paddock either. My only concern is who qualifies to play as "Bluebags" at finals time. Is it related to amount of games during the year in total or a certain amount leading up to finals time. I'd hate to see Soward or Lewis not be eligible to play for us. The roosters season is over which realistically should be an advantage to Newtowns finals campaign.

I thought it was a pretty disappointing display by the Jets. We really lacked in attack, the idea of putting the ball in the air everytime wasn't all that dangerous and it was picked off the Parra defence everytime. Plus most of the kicks were either too deep or straight down the full back's neck.
Guess the good news that Soward will, or should, be back for the semi's as we looked directionless I thought.
Parra did look very well drilled so I guess we can't complain too much.

Good to see the big crowd turn up, shame that most of the people there were too busy looking at themselves and not at the game and getting behind the boys.

2 True Blues

Coach
Agree totally with the above comments guys. As I stated I thought the crowd although big in number were rather quite in vocal support as well.

Now I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that a player is eligable to play in the semi's if two things happen.

1/They have played more than half the season games as a Jet

2/ They have played 5 or more of the last 8 season games as a Jet.

Now this being said where does this leave SA, LEWIS and DOYLE for example if correct.????

2 True Blues

Coach
Thanks for clarifying that Bluebag. Will be a shame not to have DOYLE and SA in the side though. However LEWIS and SOWARD are big plus's to the attack.

Who else will be eligable that is currently in Roosters NRL side ????

2 True Blues

Coach
Sam PERRETT, Nigel PLUM, SCHUBERT...Will any of them be eligable ???

Also would have thought DOYLE would have been eligable ( Do they take into account suspensions and injuries sustained whilst playing in the Jets as being part of the season ETC )..............????

Also Frank-Paul NUUAUSALA ...What was the sentence re suspension after he fronted the judiciary after the Norths game charged with a Dangerous tackle, and striking.....Will he be available at all ?????

with the loss of a couple of key players I thought newtown played very considering. and was'nt it great to see such a big crowd getting behind the team ? reckon on that form we should'nt have any problem's in the semis (as long as we've got josh lewis and jamie soward back ).

Bluebag

Juniors
Soward still needs to play one game, Plum no, Perrett no, Shubert yes, Frank not sure but think yes.