What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Make Vella Captain

Hurriflatch

Referee
When he returns Parra should make Vella the on field captain I havn't seen him have any problems with the refs in the games he has played as captain and he always seems to lift when he is captain and unlike some players he actually has pride in the jersey.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
When he returns Parra should make Vella the on field captain I havn't seen him have any problems with the refs in the games he has played as captain and he always seems to lift when he is captain and unlike some players he actually has pride in the jersey.

Why does he deserve captaincy? What's he done that makes him more qualified than Cayless? Before he had cancer you all wanted him sacked, now you want him as captain?

Nathan Cayless is fine as captain, leave him alone, damn.

eels_fan

First Grade
I hear your point Hurri but if we are going to take the captaincy off Cayless.. which im at NOT for at moment anyway ... i'd say give it to Wagon (who has done well with it before) or to Hindy (but he doesnt need the extra pressure really)

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Before his cancer most people were on his back , saying he was a disgrace to the Parramatta club. Now he's suddenly a hero.

Mich Vella just wants to get back playing footy, he doesnt need to be captain as well and I'm hoping that Nathan Cayless puts egg on your face very soon.

True EEL

Bench
this captaincy thing is such a non issue

performance, attitude, intensity and consistency on the field - they are the issues

bradeel

Juniors
i actually think it was Hindmarsh. I seem to recall him talking to the ref at one stage of the match.

Hellsy

Immortal
I think we should let the guy get back on the field and play the game before throwing something like that anywhere near him!!!

Berta

Juniors
I think we should let the guy get back on the field and play the game before throwing something like that anywhere near him!!!
I agree the bloke has obviously been through a hell of a lot and will need time to simply focus on his footy let alone trying to worry about 16 other blokes, media and NRL commitments and explaining the fortunes of a very hit and miss team at the moment!

Eelementary

Post Whore
I love Micky V.

I did criticise his form in the past, but the guy is a great player and an awesome bloke.

Having said that, I don't think changing skippers will do anything at all.

Stagger eel

Staff member
True EEL said:
this captaincy thing is such a non issue

performance, attitude, intensity and consistency on the field - they are the issues

:clap: :clap:

absa "phucking" lutely!!!

Ethal said:
Hindmash is your heart and soul. If anyone should be made captain its him.

Hindy, IMO, gets frustrated when things are not going Parra's way. I noticed it in a few games late last year.

He does enough on the field, he is non stop, he doesnt need more to think about.

The captain doesnt need to be the best player in your team.

chloe

Juniors
We don't have any players who stand out as obvious captain material. I believe we should stick with Cayless until Tim Smith develops into a superstar.

Latest posts