What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maloney looking at the Eels?

Warmess

Juniors
*Site and quote removed*

I really hope we don't lose Maloney. I think if we found him a decent partner (and a decent coach!) we could have a really good halves combo.

Or maybe we're looking at Godinet and Johnson for the future?

Last edited by a moderator:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Wouldn't be fussed either way to be honest. If he stays then good, if not then meh.

The Warriors have already told him they're taking up the option for next year haven't they?

In an case, I can't see him being here after 2012 so maybe the option isn't worth it if he's made that clear to the club.

Meth

Staff member
Wouldn't be fussed either way, but would like to know either way asap.

Meth

Staff member
Why do you want to know asap?

Well, we need to get on with forming a halves combination for the future. If we know that Maloney isn't going to be a part of it, that might have an effect on the decisions we make- signings, selections etc

hitman82

Bench
Well, we need to get on with forming a halves combination for the future. If we know that Maloney isn't going to be a part of it, that might have an effect on the decisions we make- signings, selections etc
Fair enough.

If it does come to light that Maloney is leaving, I'd still want him playing at 6 because he's the best option we have and we need to start winning games.

But with Seymour out of favour (until the team is named today I suspect) I certainly would rather have Godinet, John or Johnson in the number 7 jersey.

Was just checking you weren't planning a tattoo or anything similarly creepy.

Meth

Staff member
haha yeah I was going to get his face tattooed on my back saying 'Maloney, Warriors five-eighth 2012'

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I'd be a bit gutted if we lose him. My jury is still out on John, Johnson & Godinet are untested. So it would be very foolish of the Warriors, to let Maloney go.

Rich102

Staff member
I think Hohaia, Heremaia & Maloney have heard that the Warriors are extending Cleary's contract.

ozbash

Referee
I'd be a bit gutted if we lose him. My jury is still out on John, Johnson & Godinet are untested. So it would be very foolish of the Warriors, to let Maloney go.

I like Jimmy, he offers more at 6 than 7 though. He needs a good halfback or a PJ Marsh type hooker to run around.

Still, the Geelong home for Geriatric league players must be getting excited, could be yet another juicy offer coming from Beasley Ave :sarcasm:

Iafeta

Referee
I believe the option is in the clubs favour. I wouldn't be surprised at the end of that that he is off back to Sydney. He's gone through a lot of personal tragedies the past year or two, losing his father and then his uncle to the same disease in quick succession. The feedback I have got is that he is keen to move on, but I believe he still has that year he's got to go through. I believe if the Central Coast were admitted to the comp he'd be trying to get in like flynn there. The Tigers are another I know he'd be keen on if an option ever came up there.

Short term I believe he'll be here till the end of 2013. I think though the chances of him staying beyond that are close to 0.

LeagueNut

First Grade
I believe if the Central Coast were admitted to the comp he'd be trying to get in like flynn there.
I've always thought this, but it's only a hunch. He strikes me as someone who will be grateful for the opportunity we gave him, but also someone who would much rather be playing in his own country. That's nothing against the guy - it's just the way things work in pro sport sometimes.

Judd

Juniors
I feel sorry for Maloney...trying to play behind a marshmallow pack. Taai will add some starch though.

Martli

Coach
The site originally posted has been linked to spam and is actually filtered out by the LU word filter so I've removed the link and quote from the OP. I'd take this with a grain of salt to be honest.

Latest posts