What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mangina Bowl III : chat and what-not

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurt faulk

Coach

Gonna be a tough game. My team has been pretty consistent all year. Now is not the time to lay an egg.

raiders_boy

Juniors
I really was gutted to lay such an egg in the semi final. But I got way further than I ever thought I would at the start of the year and I think I'm set up pretty well to get similarly far next year. Need some help at RB, Ronald Jones certainly hasn't worked out, but overall I think I've got this team, which was a bin fire six months ago, trending in the right direction.

Thanks again Zombie and everyone, really enjoyed this comp this year.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Mangina Bowl III: The Pursuit of Panache

By zombie jesus

21 December 2018

The Wentzlvania Hangmen have never beaten The Year of the Diamond Dogs over three seasons.

DD dominated their match ups in 2016 (50 point margin) and 2017 (94 point margin).

This year they played the highest scoring match in the history of the FoSDL with the Hangmen going down 287.18 to 252.87 in week 4.

Clearly the 2 best teams this year as the #1 and #2 seeds on record, the top 2 scorers and owning the top 2 all-play records.

WH received a massive blow when God's unclaimed son, Carson Wentz down again like the Fabergé egg he is, leaving Droopy Jeff Driskel as the starter, the Bungles QB has struggled to get over double-digits the past 3 weeks, however, he has outscored Sean McVay's ventriloquist doll, Jared Goff over that period whose holiday season highlight has been his 11 point game last week, a real improvement from his -0.30 against the Bears in week 14.

Both teams have options here, DD has Drew Brees sitting on his bench; he’s back at home after 3 disappointing road games and against an iffy Steelers secondary; WH has a few QB desperation plays available to him on the waiver wire to ponder.

Both teams are stacked at RB and WR, Barkley, Mixon, Brown, Cooks and Cooper v Cook, Gurley, Hill, Jones and Woods.

Gurley could be a match-winner for DD against the 2nd worst run defence over the last month; however, his injury may see him shut down early if the Rams get a big lead. WH could get a surprise out of Lamar Miller if he can take advantage of an even better match up against the months worst rush defence, the Eagles.

At WR, DD has Julio Jones up against a reeling Carolina, the 29th ranked pass D and WH has Antonio Brown lining up in a potential shootout in the dome at New Orleans.

Zach Ertz v Trey Burton needs no analysis.

On the IDP side of things, DD takes the honours at DL, they have been served well all year by Danielle Hunter, Demarcus Lawrence and Chandler Jones who are all top 10 options at the position. WH’s LB group, anchored by Blake Martinez outscored DD’s by 10 points per game through the regular season. The DB position is much closer with both teams in the top 5 during the regular season.

Prediction: 220+ for both sides, less than 10 points in it, Diamond Dogs in a tight one.

nick87

Coach
Yeah good write up
ive scooped up Nicky Foles and im really considering just letting St Nick try and lead me to glory

nick87

Coach
Gurley under an injury cloud
Would be DELIGHTFUL if he sat

But I’m too heavily invested in my mates league in Julio to want him to sit. I’m in 3 finals this week in leagues I’m very keen on winning and the cross over of players I have and am going against is obscene haha

Fantasy is a cruel mistress

kurt faulk

Coach

I ran into a buzz saw today. One guy having a blow out game, expected. Two of them, unlucky. But three over the top performers, no chance. Foles, AB and ertz killed me.

My team was solid but nobody put up a monster score. Hoping Sutton has the breakout game of a lifetime.

nick87

Coach
I think given what CJ did, I might have been in trouble with Gurley playing

But yeah the Foles pick up was a MAJOR move. St Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.