What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
As I said in thread on main board, don't think this is the worst loss in history.

The obvious issue was possession or lack thereof due to errors and penalties conceded and manly also brought a higher intensity than we did.

The obvious positive was the goal line defence which was elite and did exceptionally well given lack of possession which never turned in our favour. Manly only broke down our defence once, their first two tries were directly off errors and the first should have been a penalty to us.

The meltdown after any loss we have on Facebook is always entertaining. Lots of people going on about the attack but I thought it was fine. Our two tries in the first half were both well worked plays and in the 2nd half we just didn't build pressure because of the errors/penalties.

All in all it was 3 tries all in a game we never really settled in to so I think that defence will keep us in good stead going forward.

3 Teddy
2 Young
1 Radley

On to next week and Souths up next in JWH 300th.

I'm very intrigued what Souths bring here. They have a right to come out firing but things don't seem right there culminating in Latrell bizarre post match interview on MMM.

Zadar

Juniors
3. May, big engine, offloads, outplayed our seasoned forwards.

2. teddy, reliable and committed as always.

1. Radley. Played the 80, topped the tackles, learning to play smart and out of trouble.

A typical early season game for us. Something I was hoping we put to bed this year after an impressive Rnd1. Errors, penalties and often shootings one’s foot meant we never got a roll on plus a Brookie has often been a bit of a graveyard for us.

Agree with our goal line defence being a positive and hope we’re not gassed especially with a short week. Thankfully the game was played in cool temps.

Pleased to see Dom score on debut and Rads continues to show measure and control. We’ll need more of that on Friday night. Our goal kicking appears to suck again. Jared only played around 30 minutes so hopefully he’s ready for a bigger game on his 300th.

3 Teddy
2 Rads
1 Dom

H.H

Juniors
3 - Ted
2 - Rads
1 - May

Agree with the sentiment here. Not our best performance but far from a disaster. Manly will be a handful this year, especially at Brookvale.

Short turnaround my biggest worry this week, but JWH and Cheese didn't play big minutes and I'm glad to see Gus back in the 17. I saw the reserve grade highlights and it was boys among men - he'll be very fresh and good to go.

Watson will add a bit when he comes on too.