What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths 3 2 1s

While I’m still merry.
3. Sammy
2. Teddy
1. Keary
Shout out to Lindsey, Egan, Terrell, Rads, Wong and all of the Smiths.
Souths monstered us and was worried Jared’s absence will hurt us as we lacked go forward. Defence was incredible though, allowing only two tries when Souths had a tonne of possession. Don’t care what happens from here on. Far as I’m concerned we won the grand final. Whatever comes next is a bonus. Love our club!
PS
Brandon Smith is yet to lose to Souths. Incredible record.

Valheru

Coach
3 Sam
2 Teddy
1 Rads

Thought rads was incredible in the middle all night. Keary came up with some moments but had to give rads the point for holding his head and giving it to them all night.

Goal line defence was incredible as you say and it's really something to build on going in to next year. We held on and held on and it was ever so slightly reminiscent of premiership sides of yesteryear that we scored points as soon as we were given the chance after holding firm defensively. That wasn't happening in the first half of the season.

Walker was magnificent and that should put to rest rumours about his future at the club. He is our man for a long long time. Robbo could easily have iced him thereat if the season but put him in for the biggest game of the year. He has obviously worked on his defence in NSW cup and his as lib play was exactly what we needed to complement the structure of Keary and teddy.

A special mention to Billy Smith. I was really looking forward to his battle with Graham who is a big rangy centre in the same mould and Billy held him all night defensively and then put a filthy fend on him to score a try.

Brandon Smith really good too... If there is one criticism I have of the side tonight it is the lack of support when he runs the ball. Twice in the first half he pinched 15 metres but had no one to ball player to. Back up either side of him in that situation and good things will happen.

We still haven't made it yet but it is short odds that at least one of Penrith or Cronulla will win. If they both lose then oh well shit happens, on to next year which we have a solid platform for. If we do make it, look out because we are capable of getting to a prelim IMO.

Overall a marquee day for the club short on troops. Hopefully we do make it but if not we have a really solid foundation for a top 4 raid next year IMO.

Yep the last few weeks, Victor's discipline has been so much better. No rubbish in the rucks, or losiong his cool. He just maintained his compsure and didn't try to over play his hand in attack nor defence. As such things looked a lot more effortless for him.

Probably could say that over playing things could have been a big fault with a number of the squad earlier in the year.

Headless Chook

Juniors
3. Walker
2. Teddy
1. Radley

it looked to me Robbo’s game plan for Victor was to play more of a traditional forwards hit-up role, basically to bolster up the void left by Jared.
Keary was fantastic as well, in reality they all were.
Good win.

Lambretta

First Grade
Were you lot watching the same game as me?

3. Pauga
2. May
1. Radley

Collins, Teddy, E Butcher, Sam, Billy Smith all deserved points but Pauga was our stand out best.
Did all the hard work coming out of defence, it was Toupu-esque.

Collins and E Butcher really stood up in the absence of Letters, but it was May who really put in a stint. Off the bench he caused Souths problems and dragged us over the advantage line time after time.

Its a good sign for us when Pauga, Wong, May & Billy Smith have shown such promise in recent weeks (Smith all season).

H.H

Juniors
That would have to be one of the most satisfying regular season wins in my almost 45 years as an active supporter of the club. Haven't stopped buzzing all weekend,

3 - Keary
2 - May
1 - Walker

Very hard to give points as so many deserved them. I thought Keary was exceptional as was Sam...their defence was unbelievable and they were both so good and controlled in attack...with some touches of absolute class.

May had a career game and I'd go as far as to say he was the difference in the end with how strong he was through the middle. Outstanding prospect.

Yes, Pauga was also outstanding and I need to apologies as I was moaning to anyone who'd listen before the game about what a weakness he was etc. Sorry pal, you were outstanding.

Rads, Cheese colossal through the middle and Billy Smith wow...absolutely terrorised Graham. He hasn't even scratched the surface of how good he's going to be and what a bloody shame it is that he's had 3 knee reco's...he'll never be everything he could've been but he can still be a player and a half.

And Ted was also outstanding as always and that try he scored just sums the guy up.

Outstanding win and I just have this feeling we're going to go deep in this finals series. Hard to put a finger on it, but something has definitely clicked within the group. If we can get through this week then look out.