What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly don't want Hasler in 2012

Canard

Immortal
you can't force a player to insert a get out clause

A young guy who is having his contract negotiated by the head coach, youd want to keep him sweet wouldn't you.

Its not the fact that the players have got the clause, it's the fact that a coach would encourage this knowing that he would have the most to gain out of it. (by telling the board if I go player x goes etc.)

El Diablo

Post Whore
A young guy who is having his contract negotiated by the head coach, youd want to keep him sweet wouldn't you.

Its not the fact that the players have got the clause, it's the fact that a coach would encourage this knowing that he would have the most to gain out of it. (by telling the board if I go player x goes etc.)

players have managers who would advise them

it's likely the Manly club would also have had to approve of the contract Hasler negotiated

Canard

Immortal
Des doesn't strike me as the type of coach who would accept "Well my manager says" as a reason. But either way the players don't have much to loose by placing this clause in there contracts so I don't blame them at all. (And if I was a manager I would recommend it)

Apparently at the time the was no "board" per se, and thats why he was doing the negotiations.

Make no mistake, whoever was on the board/admin and approved of the contracts being signed with that clause is a dumbarse and should be sacked.

firechild

First Grade
Yet oddly enough Watmough had a get out clause despite having no interest in leaving Manly. Seems that De$ wanted as many of his top players available to go with him should he leave. The fact that there were so many get out clauses suggests De$ never intended to stick around.

Canard

Immortal
In my opinion, quite the contrary, he did this to try to ensure a) to drive up his contract value and b) to try to ensure his long term survival.

ManlyMania

Juniors
After copping a bagging ( and being well set up by Dollar Des) I have to congratulate Penn for taking the action of sacking DD. DD never struck me as the cunning/sly type but he had a plan to destroy the club that made him.

Nevertheless after being shown up for what he is he now has withdrawn his threat to sue. Why? Why would DD do this especially after threatening this very thing the day before? He has been caught out that's why with written evidence he was coercing people to leave.

DD did all this and still won 2 titles in 4 years and making the club the most succesful in recent times. Now that I know what he is like thank God he is not apart of the 2012 campaign.

Thanks Des but your power trip was your downfall - No one and I mean no one is bigger than the club!!

Last edited:

Danny-Boy

Juniors
Dollar De$ only looks after one person, Dollar De$.

:lol: LOL@DE$, an offer letter drawn up by the LOL@D0G$ in his hand trying to convince Manly staff to join.

:lol:LOL@DOG$, trying to buy Manly's success by using Dollar De$ as the messenger.

Can't wait for the LOL@DOG$ when they start losing next year. :lol:

dogslife

Coach
Dollar De$ only looks after one person, Dollar De$.

:lol: LOL@DE$, an offer letter drawn up by the LOL@D0G$ in his hand trying to convince Manly staff to join.

:lol:LOL@DOG$, trying to buy Manly's success by using Dollar De$ as the messenger.

Can't wait for the LOL@DOG$ when they start losing next year. :lol:

I remember when I had my first beer :sarcasm:

firechild

First Grade
Even with Bellamy, Bennett and Hasler all at Belmore for season 2012, the dogs don't have a squad that can win the comp.

0neye

HERE IS ANOTHER MANLY FAN
VillagePeopleBiker.jpg
:lol::lol::lol:

Talons

Juniors
MORE GAYLORD TALK FROM MANLY FAN:lol::lol::lol::lol:

By the look of your big pink writing and your best friends photo you seem to be the one obsessed with same sex relations.

I take it you won't put your money where your mouth is.

skeepe

Immortal
Des doesn't strike me as the type of coach who would accept "Well my manager says" as a reason. But either way the players don't have much to loose by placing this clause in there contracts so I don't blame them at all. (And if I was a manager I would recommend it)

Apparently at the time the was no "board" per se, and thats why he was doing the negotiations.

Make no mistake, whoever was on the board/admin and approved of the contracts being signed with that clause is a dumbarse and should be sacked.

I don't think you realise how common these clauses are.

Benji Marshall has one for example.

Latest posts