What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly for wooden spoon in 2004

trevorm

Juniors
These guys are pathetic. Their administration is a joke and the retention and signing of players is a joke. They have lost a big one in letting Luke Dorn go as well as many others.

What a disgrace. It will be good to see the Rabbits ontop of them next year.

Disco

Bench
trevorm said:
These guys are pathetic. Their administration is a joke and the retention and signing of players is a joke. They have lost a big one in letting Luke Dorn go as well as many others.

Firstly, there is another thread for the wooden spoon, as for our retention well dorn played like a busted ar*e this year, but i'd still like to give him another year, and we lost Cannings.
I cant see why you think we should keep players who nearly got us our first ever wooden spoon (thank god for Souths)
Ferris
Lima
Shipway
Jenson
C Hill
M Hill
Mcdougall
A Moore
G Wooden
And even L Dorn

these guys were all very average and didn't deserve another contract (jury still out on dorn)

They wont get the spoon next year. Michael Monaghan will give them a lot of direction and spark, if they make him their main playmaker. He's the kinda guy that needs the ball in his hands as much as possible, and then he can tear a defense up. Plus they got Andrew Walker coming who should ad a lot more in attack also. And then there's Dallas Rennie who's an absolute giant from the Warriors. Also Graham Lowe is over here in NZ recruiting the best players available for Manly. So I don't think they will run last next year. I think they might be smokeys for the 8.

Disco

Bench
DaleyIsGod said:
Michael Monaghan will give them a lot of direction and spark, if they make him their main playmaker. He's the kinda guy that needs the ball in his hands as much as possible, and then he can tear a defense up.
Monas WILL be starting halfback

Disco said:
DaleyIsGod said:
Michael Monaghan will give them a lot of direction and spark, if they make him their main playmaker. He's the kinda guy that needs the ball in his hands as much as possible, and then he can tear a defense up.
Monas WILL be starting halfback

You WILL make the 8 then, if he stays injury free. I'm gonna put a bit of cash on that at the TAB at the start of next year.

Michael_Selway

Juniors
trevorm said:

ha did rabbits get wooden spoon again?

chileman

Coach
trevorm said:

:lol: Are you related to Cassie.....we won't get the wooden spoon next year but hey...we've been touted with the wooden spoon two years in a row now...we were woeful this season...Dessie and the management have gone out and bought well and we have some stars in the making!

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
I reckon they will improve due to their signings of 16 players for 2004. Alot of young guns signed, their young guns that played for them this season will have gained experience and perform better this year. At this stage i predict they will come 9-11th...

trevorm

Juniors
DaleyIsGod said:
They wont get the spoon next year. Michael Monaghan will give them a lot of direction and spark, if they make him their main playmaker. He's the kinda guy that needs the ball in his hands as much as possible, and then he can tear a defense up. Plus they got Andrew Walker coming who should ad a lot more in attack also. And then there's Dallas Rennie who's an absolute giant from the Warriors. Also Graham Lowe is over here in NZ recruiting the best players available for Manly. So I don't think they will run last next year. I think they might be smokeys for the 8.

You are kidding. How is Monaghan going to play well behind a beaten pack.

They will struggle big time. Mark my words.

Dessie the no idea coaching hero i think will fail also

trevorm

Juniors
chileman said:
trevorm said:

:lol: Are you related to Cassie.....we won't get the wooden spoon next year but hey...we've been touted with the wooden spoon two years in a row now...we were woeful this season...Dessie and the management have gone out and bought well and we have some stars in the making!

You are letting some stars in the making go. Work that one out and Manly have shown particularly poor decisions in letting halves go eg Kimmorley and Orford. Pathetic

trevorm

Juniors
pepstar87 said:
I reckon they will improve due to their signings of 16 players for 2004. Alot of young guns signed, their young guns that played for them this season will have gained experience and perform better this year. At this stage i predict they will come 9-11th...

They wont repeat the Panthers efforts if that is what you are thinking.

No one on the NRL Poll thought they would improve much. They are not even mentioned.

Looking ahead: Who will be the biggest improvers in 2004? (Total votes: 18407)
The Dragons (19.6%)
The Rabbitohs (14.2%)
The Sharks (23.3%)
The Wests Tigers (43.0%)

Manly Eagle

Juniors
Des has been coached by Bozo, Tim Sheens and co so he had a great knowledge about football. I'll tell you he's much better than Peter Sharp and he's a Manly legend aswell!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I don't want to p@#$ off the Manly fans but?? i don't think there recruitment has been all that flash....and considering 3 of there better players have left i think there back to square one!!

First of all Manly's backline??, it's a defensive coaches worst nightmare with Scott Donald, Ben Walker, Kevin Mc Guiness etc....this where i feel Manly should of spent there money on recruitments!!

There forward pack on paper has alot of potential but??...for some reason there still conceding 50+ points per game in the latter part of this year...an area which needes urgent rectifing & how??

Replacing Luke Dorn with Michael Monagahan??....i reckon Dorn is probably better and cheaper for that matter!!

I feel Souths recruitment has been good (besides a few duds)!!,

Im expecting Souths to finish above Manly on the ladder next year!

Disco

Bench
Ron Jeremy said:
First of all Manly's backline??, it's a defensive coaches worst nightmare with Scott Donald, Ben Walker, Kevin Mc Guiness etc....this where i feel Manly should of spent there money on recruitments!!

Replacing Luke Dorn with Michael Monagahan??....i reckon Dorn is probably better and cheaper for that matter!!
Firstly Mona's sh*ts all over Dorn

Secondly u say we have gotten rid of 3 of our best players (i'm pressumig Cannings, Dorn and Mad Pup) then u say our backline is efensively weak and we should work to rectify it
We'll Dorn was the worst defender in the team, and i'd only have Mad Pup behind B Walker, so we are working on it
Oh as for Scotty Donald, i don't know what he was like at Parra but his defense hasn't been a problem this year

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Disco said:
Ron Jeremy said:

Firstly Mona's sh*ts all over Dorn

Secondly u say we have gotten rid of 3 of our best players (i'm pressumig Cannings, Dorn and Mad Pup) then u say our backline is efensively weak and we should work to rectify it
We'll Dorn was the worst defender in the team, and i'd only have Mad Pup behind B Walker, so we are working on it
Oh as for Scotty Donald, i don't know what he was like at Parra but his defense hasn't been a problem this year

Scott Donald..even though he's scored many try's...from many games i've seen of him this year he has been brushed off pretty easily....maybe because of his try scoreing abilities this has taken some of the focus of his defence...but he can miss a tackle!!

You have to admit though Manly's backline looks pretty thin out wide in regards to talent???

Disco

Bench
Ron Jeremy said:
You have to admit though Manly's backline looks pretty thin out wide in regards to talent???
Yes, as far as First Grade players we are thin on the ground, but hopefully some of our younger players (B Stewart) should step up

chileman

Coach
trevorm said:
chileman said:
trevorm said:

You are letting some stars in the making go. Work that one out and Manly have shown particularly poor decisions in letting halves go eg Kimmorley and Orford. Pathetic
Guess who is going to have egg all over his face with his big decision come September next season....time will tell amigo! :lol:

trevorm

Juniors
chileman said:
trevorm said:
chileman said:
trevorm said:

Guess who is going to have egg all over his face with his big decision come September next season....time will tell amigo! :lol:

Tell me one reason Manly will make the 8

MEE

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
Worst comment ever!

Latest posts