What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly set to target Souths halfback Chris Sandow

• <LI class="byline first ">By Dean Ritchie <LI class="source ">From: The Daily Telegraph
  • August 05, 2009 9:47PM

387706-chris-sandow.jpg

Set to be targeted by Manly...South Sydney halfback Chris Sandow. Picture: Gregg Porteous Source: The Daily Telegraph

MANLY always place their "spot" player in a distinctive green shirt during defensive drills. That way, there can be no mistaking who they will target and terrorise.

This week though, they might not even bother with the green shirt.
There is only one player Manly will charge at all game this Saturday night at Brookvale South Sydney's Chris Sandow, the tiny halfback who stands 173cm and weighs just 78kg.

And The Daily Telegraph has the statistics to show why Manly forwards Brent Kite, Josh Perry, Anthony Watmough, Jason King and George Rose will be queuing up to run at Sandow.

Sandow has missed the most tackles of any player in the NRL this year a whopping 122 at 6.8 per game.

"The big Manly forwards will be licking their lips," ex-Manly forwards coach Steve Roach said.
"The little bloke will have nightmares.

"Des [Hasler] has two starting props and three more blokes on the bench who can play front-row or second-row. They will go at Sandow all game. They will double-up on him, too. They'll make him do one tackle and then go straight back at him."

South Sydney stalwart Mario Fenech last night defended Sandow.

"Manly can run at him if they want ... he may have some technical and positional issues in defence but he has courage," Fenech said.

"That is what rugby league is all about and Chris knows that."

Other stats obtained by The Daily Telegraph include:

* THE Bulldogs' Brett Kimmorley (5.3 average per game) and Manly's Matt Orford (4.3) - key players in the coming finals - are running second and third for "most missed tackles";

* BRISBANE halves Darren Lockyer and Peter Wallace have missed a combined total of nearly eight tackles a match both being ranked in the top 10;

* DRAGONS five-eighth Jamie Soward has avoided a place on the "most missed tackles" list despite having his defence often questioned and ridiculed;

* CRONULLA outside backs Ben Pomeroy and Luke Covell have made a combined total of 56 errors;

* ROOSTER Mitchell Pearce and Wests Tigers star Benji Marshall have recorded the most errors with 34;
and
* PENRITH'S Trent Waterhouse and North Queensland's Johnathan Thurston have conceded most penalties, with 18, ahead of Kimmorley and Bulldogs teammate Michael Ennis (both 16).
Former St George centre and skipper Mark Coyne backed Soward's defensive game.
"From the games I have watched, Jamie has been quite strong defensively so I didn't expect to see him on that list," Coyne said.
"He copped a bit earlier this season where I thought he was harshly done by.
"Jamie has obviously gone out there to prove a few critics wrong and toughen up in defence."
Asked did Waterhouse have a discipline problem, Panthers chief executive Mick Leary said: "A lot of times Trent has deserved to be penalised but there have been other times when I thought the decisions have been harsh.
"But I am sure the coaching staff are aware (of the stats) and are actively rectifying it."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ack-chris-sandow/story-e6frexnr-1225758382525

Bumble

First Grade
So basically, they target Sandow and we target Orford.

Not much of a difference.

Sugar

Bench
We should target watmeow
he's due for shocker in defence and when he starts missing tackles he don't stop all game
and tire the bloke out.

Dave Q

Coach
Its time to Kill or be killed Souths.

Orford needs to be buried for his crimes against the game re the finals in 2007.

But that stupid fat-head rude Watmough is the key. We have to put our fists into his chest and rip his heart out.

Time to hate Souths, lets liberate them from their living death, which is playing for Manly.

Just thinking about Manly ( except for Des and Max) makes me want to hit someone!!

If we lose, any rabbitoh who walks off the ground.... will be shot on sight.

Love

Dave.

(In official "there in no tomorrow" mode).

Last edited:

Tommax25

Bench
Nearly crapped myself. I thought it meant they were targeting him as a signing. I would have marched up to the Des and slapped him in his face. But its all good and when manly win at least thats one more team out of the running for the 8.

Dave Q

Coach
Nearly crapped myself. I thought it meant they were targeting him as a signing. I would have marched up to the Des and slapped him in his face. But its all good and when manly win at least thats one more team out of the running for the 8.

lol Tommax baby you are hopeless!

If we have to go, lets take a few of the giant suckers down with us.

Our fugging half is leading the way in the manhood stakes ffs Souths.

Show some fugging pride in that jersey.

SHOT ON SIGHT!!!

And if JT's misses you, I'll take you down myself.

African Monkey

First Grade
F**k off. You spend more time on our forum then you do on the Manly forum not that anyone ever goes on that sh*t forum. No-one here cares about what you think.

Dave Q

Coach
F**k off. You spend more time on our forum then you do on the Manly forum not that anyone ever goes on that sh*t forum. No-one here cares about what you think.

Stomp on him A.M, while he's wrigling on the ground!

wriggle wiggles squirm...stomp!

That feels better now.

If we lose A.M its good old misery therapy for us for the reminder of the season.

As we make our way back to class, I can see the texta you left on the desk from last year.

Sugar always keeps a few cigs in his rule book and skulks off during the break to the toilets for a couple.

Newk used to sit at the front of the class, but hes so good now, theyve moved him down the back to be a good influence on the guys who think we are still a chance.

Ziggy is due for show and tell in lesson one. I dont know what he has in his bag, but it keeps moving.

John Kelly, sitting comfortably near the window, wishing he was somewhere else.

And theres Appin with his collection of JT magazines, he sits quietly door the door and just stares at them. He didnt contribute last year and no-one bothered him.

Ding Ding Ding!

The bell is ringing yet again for the rabbitoh faithful.

Richo, Rusty and the gang are wagging misery school as per usual!

FFS rabbits man up against these imposters.

The school has got a grant going through from the NRL!

:?:x:p

While there is life, there is hope. Tommax is still alive and trolling, living proof of the maxim!!

Kill or be killed, this is it A.M, the ship is going down and we need a cunning plan!

By fug, if we dare lose, I'll take every player down myself....slowly.

Last edited:

Dave Q

Coach
What a passionate sppech dave. You are an inspiration to all.

Thanks A.M, I dont say it often enough but I sincerely appreciate the encouragement.

I have been concerned that there is not enough panic from the LU boys about this match.

The doomsayers have written us off already.

But Ive said it before, if you have to go down, you go down swinging. You take the other guy down with you.

We havent lost this match and we shouldnt feel that we will.

There is no reason why we cant overcome, why we cant succeed, why we cant win.

If we can lift upstairs, nothing can beat us.

I summon the spirit of the holy one (THAT player), to guide us safely through this match.

Are you listening o Little Master?

Hear our call for the mighty spirit and deliver us from the evilness that is Manly and the darkness they stand for.

May we cast them back into the hell they came from and where they will burn for eternity ( except for Des and Max Delmege).

Amen.

Last edited:

dikefalos

Juniors
Thanks A.M, I dont say it often enough but I sincerely appreciate the encouragement.

I have been concerned that there is not enough panic from the LU boys about this match.

The doomsayers have written us off already.

But Ive said it before, if you have to go down, you go down swinging. You take the other guy down with you.

We havent lost this match and we shouldnt feel that we will.

There is no reason why we cant overcome, why we cant succeed, why we cant win.

If we can lift upstairs, nothing can beat us.

I summon the spirit of the holy one (THAT player), to guide us safely through this match.

Are you listening o Little Master?

Hear our call for the mighty spirit and deliver us from the evilness that is Manly and the darkness they stand for.

May we cast them back into the hell they came from and where they will burn for eternity ( except for Des and Max Delmege).

Amen.
dave enjoy your posts but what is so evil about manly.

African Monkey

First Grade
:lol: you f**king idiot.

Dave Q

Coach
dave enjoy your posts but what is so evil about manly.

Glad you enjoy the posts, thanks for that....and dont take them too much to heart.

Now a lot of teams feel my wrath, not just Manly and I have plenty of enemies here on LU They are especially stupid, ill-tempered, poor humoured, depresed and conceited people, but they follow all clubs. Hell, I dont discriminate.

My beloved bunnies cop it too.

The panthers are about the only team I never mess about with. I dont know why.

I am basically glad we won and still in this comp this year.

I dont really care whom we beat.

lol tommax baby. We can live on this for a season A.M!

And the day we came out with hate and we won. ;-)

Seems like enrolment in misery therapy school is being delayed.

I believe, I beleive in South Sydney.

Last edited:

Latest posts