What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

firechild

First Grade
The judiciary has always been a complete farce, I don't know why anyone would be surprised. Thurston always has miraculous escapes from the judiciary yet of course that is acceptable, as long as noone from Manly gets away with less than 12 weeks. If this incident had occurred during state of origin, you can bet that noone would have been suspended. Even Lockyer got away with dumping Watmough head first into the ground during state of origin, far more dangerous than throwing punches that don't connect.

Evenflow

Bench
Thurston always has miraculous escapes from the judiciary yet of course that is acceptable, as long as noone from Manly gets away with less than 12 weeks.

Boo f**king hoo, cut the persecution complex FFS. It's not only getting old it also just makes you look like a whiny little bitch. You're a noob so you obviously didn't see the outcry around here from most people when Thurston got off so stop talking shit.

Tommax25

Bench
Well then, aren't you guys the experts.

I guess the following statement is wrong then, surely:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/grand-plan-pays-off-for-manly/story-e6frep9o-1226127698203

LOL...tossers.

So, what this means guys, is that Manly out maneuvered the judiciary in one of the all-time legal masterstrokes. After realising their initial 'not guilty' plea was weak. They miraculously saw their council crack the sads and step down. Amazingly the judiciary accepted the reasons and gave a 24 adjournment. More amazingly they proceeded with Blair's case earlier that evening and allowed the results to be disclosed to all. More, more amazingly, they allowed Stewart to change his plea remarkably to 'Guilty', and STILL RECEIVE THE EARLY GUILTY PLEA DISCOUNT.

This is one of the biggest crocks of shit in the last week. NRL should be ashamed of themselves. The judiciary is now a complete FARCE.

The Storm would be well within their rights to ask for a please explain to the NRL. But its likely to get them nowhere anyway, so they wont bother.

What plea did they change? They never entered a plea. They asked for an adjournment, which btw exists in the rules and is not something Manly created for themselves as people are seeming to make out, were granted it and came back with legal counsel and then pleaded guilty. I don’t see how people are trying to claim Manly were dodgy when their legal council quit 6 hours before the case! FFS!

In the end sanity prevailed. People with bias goggles on have been claiming for days that Stewart was 100% at fault for the whole thing are shown wrong by this result. Thankfully the decisions aren’t made by forumites blinded by bias and hatred, and the judiciary did the logical thing by punishing both players equally for a crime they were equally at fault for. Can’t wait to see Glenn in the grand final.

Lowdown

Juniors
What plea did they change? They never entered a plea. They asked for an adjournment, which btw exists in the rules and is not something Manly created for themselves as people are seeming to make out, were granted it and came back with legal counsel and then pleaded guilty. I don’t see how people are trying to claim Manly were dodgy when their legal council quit 6 hours before the case! FFS!

Have you not been paying attention? Anyway, be quiet. Adults are debating grown up issues.

mikail-eagle

Bench
So, what this means guys, is that Manly out maneuvered the judiciary in one of the all-time legal masterstrokes.

Ok I admit it. We have out smarted the NRL and the Judiciary.

Now lets all just get on with life. No use crying over spilt milk. It all done and dusted and you can't hate us any more than you already do.

Tommax25

Bench
Have you not been paying attention? Anyway, be quiet. Adults are debating grown up issues.

I have been paying attention, everything I said is valid :?. Which point of my post are you disputing? In future, if you are going to reply, please do so, and not with this kind of tripe to make yourself seem big :roll:

ceagle

Bench
I urge all Manly fans to stop replying and let this thread die so we can get on with the footy.

ManlyMania

Juniors
I urge all Manly fans to stop replying and let this thread die so we can get on with the footy.

just like to add thats its fantastic that we are getting glen back for the gf and the storm cant get blair - fully deserved for that low punch he threw in the first brawl - ta ta adam.

TheDMC

Bench
As someone who quite likes Manly, but not my team:

Stewart should have got 4 weeks as he started the 2nd fight (threw the first punch). NRL have now set a precedent that throwing the first punch is no worse than retaliating to being punched. The two fights were rightly treated as separate. Other than that, the punishments seem fair. Brett Stewart is very lucky that he missed Blair.

Mr Fourex

Bench

:lol: ..........after you yourself have posted, what

a million times, since last friday night defending the "honour" of your club.

Priceless.......:lol:

Tommax25

Bench
As someone who quite likes Manly, but not my team:

Stewart should have got 4 weeks as he started the 2nd fight (threw the first punch). NRL have now set a precedent that throwing the first punch is no worse than retaliating to being punched. The two fights were rightly treated as separate. Other than that, the punishments seem fair. Brett Stewart is very lucky that he missed Blair.

Nope, he didn't start it. Both players were equally at fault. I said this from the start and the judiciary agree, stating as much and giving both players the same punishment. The punishments were too harsh however.

AuDragon

Juniors
Let's just hope that karma makes sure that was Glenn Stewart's last game of the season, by sending the merkins out in straight sets...

simostorm

Bench
Manly missing both Stewarts and Lussick.. for rnd 1.. Cowboys or Warriors will get no better chance than this.. although they still looked pretty dam good agaisnt Melbourne when B Stewart was off injured and G Stewart was sent off..

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Manly missing both Stewarts and Lussick.. for rnd 1.. Cowboys or Warriors will get no better chance than this.. although they still looked pretty dam good agaisnt Melbourne when B Stewart was off injured and G Stewart was sent off..

Brett Stewart is back for first finals game apparently. Injury not too bad.

big_matt

Juniors
Nope, he didn't start it. Both players were equally at fault. I said this from the start and the judiciary agree, stating as much and giving both players the same punishment. The punishments were too harsh however.

No. If Glenn doesn't throw a punch there is no fight - just a bit of jostling and name calling. Therefore he definately did start the fight. Just like if Brett doesn't come flying in then there is no mele - just a 2 man fight. It looks to me that Glenn also says something to Blair when he turns around before Blair says anything to him.

The excuses your club have made up to defend Glenn are laughable. "Hearing swearwords offends him greatly". Hahaha. You should be highly embarrassed your club is coming up with this rubbish in desperation.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
No. If Glenn doesn't throw a punch there is no fight - just a bit of jostling and name calling. Therefore he definately did start the fight. Just like if Brett doesn't come flying in then there is no mele - just a 2 man fight. It looks to me that Glenn also says something to Blair when he turns around before Blair says anything to him.

The excuses your club have made up to defend Glenn are laughable. "Hearing swearwords offends him greatly". Hahaha. You should be highly embarrassed your club is coming up with this rubbish in desperation.

haha why the hell would we be embarrassed by the "rubbish" Manly have come up with?
If Manly get into the GF Glenn Stewart plays. So what you may consider "stupid" may well have gotten a week off his sentence. I'd consider that smart.
But Manly fans will see it one way and Manly haters will see it another. Its done already so lets get on with the footy!!!

maccattack

Juniors
I overheard a couple of kids talking on the train the other day (I live in Melbourne) One says to the other "Did you see that fight at the rugby on the news?" The other kid goes "Yeah! That was AWESOME as!!"

Just thought I'd share...

maccattack

Juniors
I overheard a couple of kids talking on the train the other day (I live in Melbourne) One says to the other "Did you see that fight at the rugby on the news?" The other kid goes "Yeah! That was AWESOME as!!"

Just thought I'd share...