What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly THE Acid Test

sheet_ed

Juniors
While the storm have made mincemeat of the Knights and the Dragons we have yet to meet a club that feels like it has a winning streak.

When I look at the size of Manly's pack (f**king huge) I honestly think we will be tested. And with 12 men they made the Sharkies lose the unloseable.

Chan has been charged with a Grade 2 (BIG LOSS) and we have also lost Dennis Scott (ANOTHER BIG LOSS). And considering the final round loss last year - yuck.

Manly are going to cop it from everywhere because of Hoppa - that is going to dominate their brain for a week. The press are going to drive them nuts.

I am still betting on the Storm but I think we will win a hard game by 5.

I think the key to the game is who who our replacements are going to be.

olympic park

Juniors
a big pack doesnt always mean theyre gonna win... big packs can easily get tired and unless theyve got the bench to cover it they can struggle.

youre not wrong though about them having a tough week with the Hoppa incident though and theyre gonna want to prove themselves out on the footy field over the weekend.

the storm have been in great form though - it's gonna be a close one and carn the storm!!

Genghis Chan

Juniors
I don't care who's in the Manly. Our young and mobile forward pack will smash them to the ground all day long and be far too mobile in attack.

chileman

Coach
Lord Reynoldson said:
I don't care who's in the Manly. Our young and mobile forward pack will smash them to the ground all day long and be far too mobile in attack.
While they are trying to smash our forward pack you better tell Billy he'll be busy all match trying to round up Stewart and Donald...this game could end up quicker than the Stall Gift :lol:

Fluffy

Juniors
Blind optimism - gotta love it.

Manly have to win it in the forwards - otherwise your backs will kill us

Genghis Chan

Juniors
Don't under-estimate our forward pack. They aren't the biggest, but their damn close to the best.

I just think that the Storm has an extra dimension or 2 to their attack that will get them home in the end. Our forwards love to be over-rated and under-estimated.

Pace is probably the main advantage you haev over the Storm. Break the line and you have a great chance of scoring. Good luck breaking the line though. ;-)

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Lord Reynoldson said:
D
I just think that the Storm has an extra dimension or 2 to their attack

Or a few more! ;-)

If we can shut down Orford and Slater and not allow Hill to get that arm free then we should be safe.

Imagine Slater in open space with Stewart on his heels...Semi Final type stuff :D

camsmith

Juniors
If we can shut down Orford and Slater and not allow Hill to get that arm free then we should be safe.

Easier said than done.

Even if you do shut down say orford or slater, we still have a lot of great ball players, smith king geyer, we arnt a 2 - 3 man team. ;-)

Cloud9

Our light forward pack have gotten stronger. They are bench pressing 35kg more than this time last year.

The_Savage_1

Juniors
i can't believe all these manly losers thinking their pack is so great lol... its reality check time even with some of our guys out

MONY

Juniors
the manly pack is quite impressive actually. i really like the look of their team except their backline...

1. Stewart - great attacker
2. Donald - try freak
3. hill - Hmmm past it
4. Stephenson - failed to impress
5. TBA
6. Witt - Decent player but still yet to reach potential
7. Monaghan - Great player and manlys heart.

stewart donald and monaghan are gun players.....

the storm backline is much better imo and there isnt to much difference in the forwards so i think the storm will win it in the backs in a high scoring game.

34 - 16

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Stephenson is a noted attacker, he scored a fair amount of tries last year considering he didn't play a whole lot of games. IMO Mitch Creary will be on the wing, lookout for him ;-)

Reedy

Juniors
CC_Eagle said:
Imagine Slater in open space with Stewart on his heels...Semi Final type stuff :D

No need to imagine anymore, thats exactly what we saw yesterday and Stewart cleaned slater up bigtime.

This ain't origin anymore Billy!

Great game all round, one of the best ive been to in years.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
:roll: :roll: Melbourne fans whinging about Chan being out :lol: :lol: we had King, Hicks, Hill, Hoppa, Glen Stewart and a few others out, we still beat your mob :clap: :clap:

Harold Bishop said:
:roll: :roll: Melbourne fans whinging about Chan being out :lol: :lol: we had King, Hicks, Hill, Hoppa, Glen Stewart and a few others out, we still beat your mob :clap: :clap:

Go back to Erinsbourgh will ya

Harold Bishop said:

If we want to go that way, we're missing Chan, Scott, Feeney, Robinson, Steve Turner and Metusiala... so be happy with your win, but don't think we won't improve

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Reedy said:
CC_Eagle said:

No need to imagine anymore, thats exactly what we saw yesterday and Stewart cleaned slater up bigtime.

This ain't origin anymore Billy!

Great game all round, one of the best ive been to in years.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

damn that was a good moment.

Stewart nailed him!

Confirmed what I already knew, Stewart :arrow: Slater