What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly the best Backrow????

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Tommy Smith said:
A backrow of Morley, Fitzgibbon, Ricketson, Crocker and Flannery has quality and depth. But Mozza is currently playing in the front-row and the others are alittle down on form.

When fit SBW, Ryan and Mason would have to be right up there. Same for the Panthers with Puletua, Pritchard, Waterhouse and Galuvao.

But on form it would have to be Manly. Both in defense and attack those three go good. They would be closely followed by the Broncos with Thorn, Stagg and Carroll who are going very well atm as are the Cowboys with the likes of O'Donnell, Southern, Webb (when he plays there), Jensen and Norton who's injured.

Be Up there ??

Sonny , Mason and Ryan is the best backrow in the comp by the length of the Flemington Straight.

But On Paper the rest follow.

The Dogs 3, perform weekly.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Raider_Azz said:
I like the Raiders backrow:

11. Adamson
12. Kahler
13. Croker

But of course everyone is going to favour their team's backrow over other teams. Thats why topics like these are stupid.

Cant argue with the man ;-) :D

wittyfan

Referee
Watmough is comfortably the best forward in the game at present, and with Menzies and Kennedy being rep players, Manly's backrow would be right up there.

Foz

Bench
Would the Dogs back row be
Mason
Williams
Ryan
????

That looks pretty good to me.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Parra have one of the best in the game. Hindmarsh is the best second rower in the world by far, Morrison works his rear end off every game and Henry Perenara was going quite well until he got hurt.

As for depth, Afamasaga, Robinson, O'Dwyer, Muckert are all good players. Then there is Dean Widders who would have to be one of the best if not the best impact back rower in the game at the moment. I could go further to the kids who haven't made their debuts yet but the odds Brian Smith will ever use them are slim to none.

I don't see how they drop our backrow drops off after Hindy and Morro :?. We may not have the best but it's one of the best.

Most clubs have a very strong backrow at the moment, but is Manly the best? Probably, but in two years they'll be weak again because both Kennedy and Menzies are getting old, and their juniors aren't good at all. If injuries hit Manly, they won't make the 8.

One thing is for sure, Broncos don't have the best. David Stagg is a bad attacking player, great defender but he really does nothing in attack. And Tonie Carroll is a hack, doesn't create opportunities for anyone, just defends Lockyer.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
gregstar said:
Kiwi said:
And gregstar Drongos? which team are you refering to?
they have a chess piece as an emblem ;-)

You just made me finally understand Hancocks running style. 2 across and one up. I tell you, it was never 2 up and 1 across though.

I always thought of him as a sandcrab, but perhaps a knight is more accurate.

blaine train

Juniors
And Tonie Carroll is a hack, doesn't create opportunities for anyone, just defends Lockyer.

Just about the best player in the test match. Probaly the best consistent hitter in the game and runs lines like no other in the game. Some people tend to rate him badly just because he chose Australia over NZ. I definetley know who i'd take out of him and Morrison. And I do rate Morrison

Misty Bee

First Grade
Carrol doesn't know if he's a Kangaroo of a bloody sheep! Next year he'll be a Yawnion player lining upfor the Springboks!!!

Gimme Hindmarsh, Cayless and Morrison, with Perenara, Robinson, Afasamaga and Piggy Ridell rotating.

manly - show ponies.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Im a parra fan and i rate carroll....his the type of player that does what everyone else expects others to do...pretty much a a daniel wagon but better (when playing lock)

As for manly having the best second row...lol....they are in good form, but to go that far is a bit of a joke....until manly can perform on a bigger level, they cant have the best second row....(i mean bigger level by competeing in games like vs broncos, vs st gorge etc and not at home)

CC_Eagle

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
Most clubs have a very strong backrow at the moment, but is Manly the best? Probably, but in two years they'll be weak again because both Kennedy and Menzies are getting old, and their juniors aren't good at all.

Shows how much you know...

Glenn Stewart (who will play on Sunday) is fitted to be Beavers "replacement" is just as good as his brother. Rock solid in defence with a great attacking game. He'll make some appearances this year, look out.

Malangi Styles is built like a brick shithouse with very quick feet. Hopefully will get a go in 1sts sometime this year.

Cleal was put in 1st grade way too early, he still needs time to develop his game.

Just 3 juniors who could do the job nicely once Beaver and BK retire.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
CC_Eagle said:
ParraDude_Jay said:
Most clubs have a very strong backrow at the moment, but is Manly the best? Probably, but in two years they'll be weak again because both Kennedy and Menzies are getting old, and their juniors aren't good at all.

Glenn Stewart (who will play on Sunday) is fitted to be Beavers "replacement" is just as good as his brother. Rock solid in defence with a great attacking game. He'll make some appearances this year, look out.

Malangi Styles is built like a brick shithouse with very quick feet. Hopefully will get a go in 1sts sometime this year.

Cleal was put in 1st grade way too early, he still needs time to develop his game.

You forgot your gun #12 in premier league Nathan Hollingsworth :lol:.

If Cleal is ever anything special I'll eat my hat.

And what about this year? That Malangi Styles won't be as good as Kennedy or Menzies THIS YEAR, and if they get injured, you've got nobody with any proven first grade skill to take their place, and Kennedy is very injury prone.

Manly's depth all over the park is very poor.

elyod138

Bench
Luke O'donnel,Travis Norton,Justin Smith,Carl Webb,Steve Southern,Rod Jensen, David Faiumu, Michael Luck.

Thats awesome depth just in the top 17 (luck may not be in the top 17) with several young guns with potential playing awesome in first grade waiting for their oppurtunity.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
CC_Eagle said:
ParraDude_Jay said:

And what about this year? That Malangi Styles won't be as good as Kennedy or Menzies THIS YEAR, and if they get injured, you've got nobody with any proven first grade skill to take their place, and Kennedy is very injury prone.

Menzies or Kennedy - Glenn Stewart,Luke Williamson,Harris,Tutt,Curtis.

Langers

Juniors
Mate when Menzies and Kennedy leave it will free up a shitload of money to pursue 2 elite players and youd would think at least one of those signings would be a backrower.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
Parra have one of the best in the game. Hindmarsh is the best second rower in the world by far, Morrison works his rear end off every game and Henry Perenara was going quite well until he got hurt.

As for depth, Afamasaga, Robinson, O'Dwyer, Muckert are all good players. Then there is Dean Widders who would have to be one of the best if not the best impact back rower in the game at the moment. I could go further to the kids who haven't made their debuts yet but the odds Brian Smith will ever use them are slim to none.

I don't see how they drop our backrow drops off after Hindy and Morro :?. We may not have the best but it's one of the best.

Most clubs have a very strong backrow at the moment, but is Manly the best? Probably, but in two years they'll be weak again because both Kennedy and Menzies are getting old, and their juniors aren't good at all. If injuries hit Manly, they won't make the 8.

One thing is for sure, Broncos don't have the best. David Stagg is a bad attacking player, great defender but he really does nothing in attack. And Tonie Carroll is a hack, doesn't create opportunities for anyone, just defends Lockyer.

Do you enjoy making a fool of yourself on a regular basis?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Do you realise you're a goose with NFI Cliffy? What are you, 10 years old? Not once have you ever answered any posts of mine with anything but crap like that.

In other words, I'm right about the fact that Manly's juniors are pathetic, they are a club built completely on other clubs players, and if injuries hit they'll go straight back to the bottom, where they belong.

And to think I used to wonder why everyone hated Manly. Must be because of their stupid supporters such as yourself.

Fluffy

Juniors
Parradude - manly has a few good juniors coming through, and plenty of others elsewhere in the comp already.

As for back row depth - well we have G stewart and A cuthbertson looking fantastic in PL (cuthbo played Flegg last year and is only a teenager - junior)

I dont see why fans whinge about player movements. Its a part of todays game, every club does it - build a bridge and get over it.