What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly v Broncos: How many will they get?

big_matt

Juniors
There are Manly fans all over the country and plenty in NZ. I (unfortunately) live in the western suburbs and since moving here from the beaches last year I've been amazed by the number of Manly fans out this way. Even my neighbour has a Manly flag on her car. There were around 32K at the preliminary finals in '07 and '08 despite being against NZ and NQ so I have little doubt that a prelim against Brisbane will draw even more fans. People want to compare Manly finals against out of state clubs to finals matches between large Sydney clubs like the Bulldogs v Parra in 2009. They cannot be compared. 35,000 would be a good result this week. I was going to go but I can't afford to go to both this game and the grand final so I'm banking on Manly winning and I'll be buying GF tickets as soon as they go on sale.

I think you've missed that, unless the NRL.com sale hasn't been yet?

The 200k northern beaches population argument is ridiculous. That's like saying all Chelsea fans come from that small part of south west London. Any crowd less than 30k for you is terrible, and you should accept that no excuses.

AuDragon

Juniors
There are 6 or 7 bays assigned to the Broncos, and all are down to single seats apparently. I have no idea how many people go in each bay, but it looks like a fairly good contingent...

ceagle

Bench
There are 6 or 7 bays assigned to the Broncos, and all are down to single seats apparently. I have no idea how many people go in each bay, but it looks like a fairly good contingent...
There are only 5 Bronco supporter bays and 14 Manly ones.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I'd put you guys at much higher.

Out of everyone I know that goes for Manly there's people from Surry Hills, Hornsby, North Ryde, Central Coast, Shire, Quakers Hill. And that's just a small sample off the top of my head.

You guys really should be able to get more to a game in the middle of Sydney. A preliminary final no less!

The central coast is crawling with manly fans and newcastle for that matter, particularlly in my suburb it seems:(.

2010Dragons

Bench
It's to bad both sides are shit and couldn't beat time with a brass band.

I was also going mention the Bunnies supporters would have easily fill SFS or ANZ in the finals....but then remembered...HEY!! every year before round 26 game they pack their bags for the end of season holiday and choke in the last game. HILARIOUS :lol::lol:

Tell us all...when was the last time the LOL50UFF$ made the finals?
Before you were born does not count.

If the Dragons were shit this year then South must have been in the sewer!

snogard6

Juniors
If that chick that's in the crowd on NRL ON FOX is going to be at the game she will scare a few off......my god check out her Barry beefs

dragondad

First Grade
At the start of the week Manly fans were rejoicing that Cat 2 Manly was single seats only. I just checked and it is only 1 bay!

Whats the deal with NRL on Fox and pumping up the team the Broncos play. First the Dragons and now Manly. All of NSW are trying to take us down now. We need our own NRL on Fox in QLD that doens't have such a Sydney bias.

sting

Bench
The're not going to support a club they don't like, they are going to watch what should be a great game of footy played in front of a big crowd with a great atmosphere. This is something most RL fans seem to have a problem grasping compared to other sports fans.

No, I think you can't grasp how Sydney works! Tribalism is alive and well and we're not going to waste our hard earned going to a game with a strongly disliked Sydney team and an equally disliked interstate team. Even if it is a cracker, we don't want to sit in the stands and cheer either team so f**k it.

The central coast is crawling with manly fans and newcastle for that matter, particularlly in my suburb it seems:(.

Maybe old Northern Eagles fans? lol

dragondad

First Grade
Whats the deal with NRL on Fox and pumping up the team the Broncos play. First the Dragons and now Manly. All of NSW are trying to take us down now. We need our own NRL on Fox in QLD that doens't have such a Sydney bias.

The show was going to be at broncos leagues but they couldn't because of Brisbane's travel plans to Sydney.

Garts

Bench

Yeah Dell is trying to take you down.

Watched NRL in Fox which is was held at Manly Leagues. Question, what the hell is wrong with some of Manlys supporters? Yahooing over the top of the hosts like baffoons, I don't think NRL on Fox will go back there.

ceagle

Bench
I'd suggest half of them were the local drunks down there. Also did anyone see that women with the gums the size of a horse and teeth like a LOL@souffs supporter in the crowd?

Last edited:

Garts

Bench
Watched NRL in Fox which is was held at Manly Leagues. Question, what the hell is wrong with some of Manlys supporters? Yahooing over the top of the hosts like baffoons, I don't think NRL on Fox will go back there.

You always get the dregs that attend these things. Would have been the same if it was any other club.

Latest posts