What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly V Parra Preview

Stagger eel

Staff member
Disco, We understand what your saying.

However this is a eels forum and most of us here would be as ignorant to your team as you guys are to us, after all you watch your own side more than what we watch yours so you'd know more about them, However sundays' game at best will be an absolute thriller and if was to be one sided, on currant form you have to lean towards us.

I still maintain that there'll be try and goal in it.

PB

Bench
Disco, Disco, Disco. While i respect that you didnt just come here saying "We're going to smash you you are crap", and i understand that supporters develop a belief that a particular player is better than he really is (just look at all the people hear who think Steve Witt is God's gift to the world!), here are some Stats on Sam Harris's performances thus far....

Sam Harris:

Rnd 1: 64 minutes.....17 tackles 7 misses.....18runs 114 metres
Rnd 2: 69 minutes.....28 tackles 2 misses.....8 runs 52 metres
Rnd 3: 56 minutes.....18 tackles 2 misses.....12 runs 102 metres
Rnd 4: 65 minutes.....23 tackles 4 misses....12 runs 80 metres
Rnd 5: 39 minutes.....18 tackles 0 misses.....8 runs 56 metres.

Looking at these stats, he comes across as a lazy player, which was my opinion of him last year. The other theme seems to be, run at him. he misses tackles and it tires him quickly making him very ineffective in offence.

I expect Hindmarsh and Vaealiki in particular to give him a bath.

Eels Dude

Coach
Leasa said:
Well if Gus gould said it it must be right :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

With Hindmarsh, Simpson, Morrison, Fitzbiggon, Mason, Fletcher, Kennedy, Waterhouse all contending for NSW origin spots in the back row, and add Carlaw, Cinoveciva, and Crocker as possible test players I don't think this Sam Harris fellow is going to be playing rep football for a long time.

Langers

Juniors
I think Chris Hicks and Daniel Heckenberg are chances for City/Country but other than that I would be surprised at anyone else getting selected for reps....Menzies is an outside chance but unlikely at this stage.

Disco

Bench
Eels Dude said:
Leasa said:
Well if Gus gould said it it must be right :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

With Hindmarsh, Simpson, Morrison, Fitzbiggon, Mason, Fletcher, Kennedy, Waterhouse all contending for NSW origin spots in the back row, and add Carlaw, Cinoveciva, and Crocker as possible test players I don't think this Sam Harris fellow is going to be playing rep football for a long time.
i never said SOO, i'm more thinking Bench for City

Eels Dude

Coach
I think Menzies will most likely be in city country. If I had to pick a bolter from Manly i'd say Anthony Watmough is a shot. I can't see any Parramatta players apart from Nathan Hindmarsh and Luke Burt making the city country sides, even John Morris will probably miss out as Smith is no longer the coach.

Langers

Juniors
Watmough is a chance but he needs to prove that he can play like he did against the Bulldogs consistently. One of the most talented young players at the club though that's for sure.

Disco

Bench
I don't think on form Menzies should play City Origin, however i still believe he should be in the team, as for Watmough i don't think he is quite ready yet

Disco

Bench
PB said:
here are some Stats on Sam Harris's performances thus far....

Sam Harris:

I understand ur point PB, and looking at the stats alone could lead someone to the same conclusion as u, however stats don't always tell the full story, they don't show, that try saving tackle, the hit that turns the game, or the bust that gets the team on the role. ask any Manly fan, who our top player has been this year and 80% will say Sam Harris

P.S. its good to have a reasonable debate, instead of people simply saying "we are better cause u guys are crap"

Langers

Juniors
Sam Harris, Chris Hicks and Daniel Heckenberg have been Manly's most consistently good so far this season.

PB

Bench
Disco said:
I understand ur point PB, and looking at the stats alone could lead someone to the same conclusion as u, however stats don't always tell the full story, they don't show, that try saving tackle, the hit that turns the game, or the bust that gets the team on the role. ask any Manly fan, who our top player has been this year and 80% will say Sam Harris

P.S. its good to have a reasonable debate, instead of people simply saying "we are better cause u guys are crap"

true, very true. But its what i do, and they may not tell you whole truths but they can reveal things......

My stats also say he regularly gets off loads away 2 and 3 a match on average. However only once this year has any of them lead to a line break and that was in round 1.

As far as rep chances, i actually like the chances of Heckenberg getting a spot on the City bench behind O'Merley and Clinton.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Manly best chances of reps come from Harris & Donald....both boys can play...for Parra Dykes, Hindmarsh, Burt, Morris & Grothe will all be there.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Disco said:
PB said:
here are some Stats on Sam Harris's performances thus far....

Sam Harris:

Mate I agree and give you and Langers kudos. Instead of coming here and saying crap like, "We'll smash you because Harris is a million times better than Hindmarsh," you are having a calm and reasonable debate. Good stuff guys.

The issue between those contests is this (IMHO):

* Hicks V Grothe - a close one; both have scored tries and both are dangerous, rep class players

* Heckenberg V Vella - it may sound like sour grapes (believe me, it's not), but Hex just has not impressed me at all for you guys [Vella hasn't impressed me too much either, but has pulled out the occassional good game]. Maybe he is inspirational to your players - I don't know. All I know is that he seems to be doing OK, not great.

* Hindmarsh V Harris - Harris is a very good player. The issue here is that he is up against what many people (myself included) believe to be the best second rower around. Attack, defense - Hindmarsh is a machine.

Should be a great match.

I am mostly looking forward to Donald V Grothe. I know Donald can outrun Grothe (probably), so it would be fascinating to see these two duel.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Manly v Parramatta at Brookvale Oval, tomorrow 3.05pm

The Sea Eagles will decide an hour before kick-off whether Solomon Haumono will make his comeback from a knee injury. He is part of a five-man bench. Parramatta interchange forward Corey Pearson is again out with a back injury. Luke O'Dwyer is favoured to replace the suspended Daniel Wagon at five-eighth, with Dean Widders starting at lock. That means the Eels need an extra reserve

Wonder who the extra bench warmer will be
Assuming it's a forward then I'd say

Muckert (If injury has improved)
Hopkins (If injury has improved)
Moi Moi
Tsoulos
Muspratt
or Pai

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Manly by 13+

just aim at langi and peterson all day. POINT'S GALORE :lol:

Donald is going to have a field day with peterson marking him.

Latest posts