What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly: we're loveable (SMH)

t-ba

Post Whore
pennywisealfie said:
Ken Arthurson, The Bogan factor, Anthony Watmough the wifebeater

good reasons why i can put my differences with Matt King aside on sunday, go storm.

Wife Beater? Since when?

pennywisealfie said:
Ken Arthurson, The Bogan factor, Anthony Watmough....

good reasons why i can put my differences with Matt King aside on sunday, go storm.
Bogan factor?What about your liking for mullets?And Pennywise.Arko (who with Quayle saved the people's game)is reason to like us.If you don't ok fair enough,don't make up reasons.

_Johnsy

Referee
nah pennywises chip on his shoulder is enough reason. I mean just look at his sig re: GC, that says it all.

Glenn

First Grade
"If you're a New South Welshman, do the right thing and support Manly."

Unless hell has frozen over, no chance.

macavity

Referee
on topic, this is almost the worst GF matchup imaginable

the lying cheating merkins of manly

vs

the lying cheating merkins of melbourne, plus merkin newton

go manly..... as the marginally lesser of two sh*t outcomes

smeghead

Bench
Ice777 said:
Do you think it's got more to do with her jumping on the Manly bandwagon and getting bitten by "the Manly bug" or just the fact that she's your friend that she went to see you Anth? ;-)

I actually know the girl he is talking about. She is an avid Tigers fan but she is also an avid fan of doing the right thing by the dick she is currently riding which pays her bills. So not so much bandwagoner as money grubing whore.

FTR I cannot believe he said "If you're a New South Welshman, do the right thing and support Manly". I will be doing the right thing as a human being and hoping they make fools of themselves

woodyk2

First Grade
The amount of people choking on sour grapes is unbelievable. Manly ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

_Johnsy

Referee
Glenn said:
"If you're a New South Welshman, do the right thing and support Manly."

Unless hell has frozen over, no chance.

I just hope rugby league is the winner on the day.......:roll:

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
"I've no doubt there's an absolute truckload of people out there that still absolutely hate Manly,
Correct.

but I think that when it comes down to a NSW versus Victoria game, there'll be a lot of people who will have to change sides or change allegiances
Incorrect.

"If you're a New South Welshman, do the right thing
I will.

and support Manly.
That's not the right thing.

The Sea Eagles have been despised ever since they were perceived to have bought premierships throughout the 1970s.
That's not the only reason.

The disdain surfaced again during their success in the 1990s.
Correction - it never went away.

But remarkably, Mayer claimed the Sea Eagles were no longer silvertails but were now the "strugglers".
:lol: :lol: :crazy:

"It's been 10 years since we've been involved in a grand final
Thank God.

and it's been at least five years since the Northern Eagles debacle,"
5 years too long. The Northern Eagles were hilarious.

"I think there's a new generation of fans out there who
still don't drive over the Spit Bridge. It was a scary thing for them to come to North Sydney Oval, but they
have put a lot of that behind them."
Phew, I was worried for them for a minute!

We're the strugglers now. We struggled to get back to where we belong - at the top of the competition.
Only a silvertail wanker could call his team strugglers and they state they belong at the top of the competition in the same sentence.

"I think people can really relate to what we've gone through.
Buying Premierships? Having insular, arrogant fans? Benefiting from the corruption of the head of the League? Merging with and then taking over your arch rival? Finding a businessman to bankroll the next wave of success? And finally, begging for the support of a city that despises you? No, no I don't relate to you at all!

It's no longer the old chequebook mentality.
Ahem, exactly what has Max Delmege been spending his millions on then?

This is about building a side over the last three or four years, and people can really understand that good old Des, the working-class man from Penrith, has done a great job building this club.
Don't try to trick us westies into supporting you, we're not falling for it.

I think people can identify that …
Could you be any more wrong?

and I think they'll jump on board."
Only if they really, really hate Melbourne. I mean, really, really, really, really hate Melbourne.

Good old Des is Des Hasler, the Manly coach, who
was signed during the open chequebook years, proving that Manly are still benefiting from that era and will never rid themselves of the silvertail tag.

Prop Jason King offered: " Even though you hate Manly, it's better that Manly wins than a Melbourne-based team."
Wrong again.

Manly co-owner Scott Penn said "I think we'll get the support that we deserve."
:lol: :lol: Too right you will.

15-season veteran Steve Menzies: "I have been at Manly too long to believe that just because you live in Sydney you would go for us"
Ahh Beaver, the only one we actually like, and the only one smart enough to realise that we still don't like you. How wonderfully ironic.

The younger players can't fathom the anti-Sea Eagles sentiment.
That's because they're stupid.

Anthony Watmough believed, sincerely, that the newer generation of supporters was ignorant of the Manly hatred.
Exhibit A.

"In the past weeks, everywhere I've been on the other side of the bridge
Now we know he's lying.

there is another generation of supporters who have been told of the old love to hate Manly stuff but they haven't embraced that"
Yep, definitely lying.

"A lot of people I've spoken to have Manly as their second team."
A lot? How many is a lot, Anthony?

"A friend of mine"
Oh, one. Ok, I see.

is bitten with the Manly bug."
What, she's become arrogant, full of herself, and insular?

Halfback Matt Orford reckoned being on the dark side wasn't so bad. "Being the only Sydney team [in the final], I would like to think everyone loves Manly at the moment," he said.
What a shame you're not getting your wish. Be happy with your condo.

"but we have had good support this year. We have roped a few others to come to the dark side. "
Where were they last week when you couldn't fill the SFS?

Manly Warringah Football Club - delusional and insular since 1947.

CharlieF

Juniors
Not sure how you come to the conclusion of Manly fans being arrogant, full of themselves and insular. Just because we respond to some unfair and at times ridiculous comments?? I would have thought it was the other way round. You have given all your reasons for hating Manly. Am I arrogant for suggesting that most of your reasons are wrong or irrelevent?

_Johnsy

Referee
B-Tron 3000 said:
Manly Warringah Football Club - delusional and insular since 1947.

I hate Manly as much as the next guy, but after reading your response I thought a more apt finishing line could have been something like.

B-Tron 3000 chip on the shoulder since 1947. Being an Eel, that would explain everything

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
_Johnsy said:
I hate Manly as much as the next guy, but after reading your response I thought a more apt finishing line could have been something like.

B-Tron 3000 chip on the shoulder since 1947.
:lol: I'm just having some fun dude.

Gotta find some way to enjoy the week!

Taking the piss out of Manly is nearly as fun as it gets. You gotta admit that article was pretty funny.

ps I'm not that old.

_Johnsy

Referee
B-Tron 3000 said:
:lol: I'm just having some fun dude.

Gotta find some way to enjoy the week!

Taking the piss out of Manly is nearly as fun as it gets. You gotta admit that article was pretty funny.

ps I'm not that old.

I know, and yes it was.