What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mannah Origin???

Parra Steve

Juniors
THere was an interview over on foxsports.com.au where daley pretty much says that Hindy isnt the type of player Bellamy is looking for, where Hindy plays in the centre of the field, Bellamy wants wide running 2nd rowers. From reading that i assume Hindy wont be playing Origin while Bellamy is coach.

Back to Mannah, 2 big weeks for him first v the Dragons then v The storm. If he can hold his own they i dont see why he can't get selected for NSW.

strider

Post Whore
cool - wide running 2nd rowers and a big soft belly with lazy bums who won't dive on a loose ball in the middle - thats the way to win Craig :thumn

BissyB

Juniors
6. Barrett
7. Gidley

Both ball runners, no genuine play makers. incredible pressure on hayne.

we are SO screwed.

well Bellamy can go jump, the only reason his wide running back rowers at his club go well is they have Smith to feed off and they are most likely there thanks to the club cheating.
I would like to see Bellamy coach Cronulla at the moment and just see how good a coach he is.
He goes alright with a team full of superstars.

Last edited:

Parra Guru

Coach
Andrew Johns can go and jump too.... That way we'll get rid of Finch and Gidley's little campaigner.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Blocker was right when he said that the Journos go off their tits at every opportunity, some of them and including sloth need to take a chill pill.

they say you become a better player after experiancing an origin game, if that's the case then I think Mannah can be the best prop in the game once his played origin.

Only true if a player is ready. Mullen, Wallace, Campese, not ready. Throwing a player in that kind of environment to early has shown it can actually be damaging to their development. (even though I believe that dropping them is what damaged them, not the loss at that level)

I dont think he is ready. Id like to see him brought into camp but with no intendtion of him playing. Just for him to experience the build up so that he is used to it next year.

Hellsy

Immortal
I'm not sure if Tim is ready for it, but f**k he'd give it a red-hot go full of passion.... perhaps some passion is needed.

Parraletic

Juniors
I don't think Timmy would be fazed at playing Origin. I think 12 months to early but then again the way the Blues are going he should be there. He might surprise some people.

Mannah should not be blooded this year IMO. As much as he us having an impact off the bench in club footy, I don't think he is up to SOO just yet.

A few things from the article -1. Does anyone else consider Mirchell Pearce a "boom" halfback? Gimme a break. 2. Idris had a solid debut? Was I watching a different game? He provided nothing in attack & resembled a statue in defence. Why don't they admit that picking him was an error?

Clowns - the lot of them!

I'm tired of being beaten by Qld!

TheEelDeal

Juniors
Gidley at 7? This has gotta be a joke......right? If not, please give QLD the series and the selectors can all crawl in holes and die.

codger

Juniors
Why the hell do they rate Gidley so high. He is an ok player at best. Must be a A johns thing cause they are all scared to scrap the guy. Dead set if he is an origin captain i give up.
We need a work horse captain and has to be Andrew Ryan or Hindy pref Hindy. Gidley is an imposter at this level.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Why the hell do they rate Gidley so high. He is an ok player at best. Must be a A johns thing cause they are all scared to scrap the guy. Dead set if he is an origin captain i give up.
We need a work horse captain and has to be Andrew Ryan or Hindy pref Hindy. Gidley is an imposter at this level.

I guess because he was there last year and their trying to save face by having him there in the same role...I'd say it's a make or break decision by the sellectors who now appear to be on a knife's edge..

Latest posts