What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manu for the Vulcans

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I think the Vulcans want to win their finals match, so maybe not.

Here's a 40 oz. Manu, enjoy Mad Monday!

Judd

Juniors
He's the most expensive player on the Warriors books....not earning a cent of his huge salary ...release him from his contract so he can join the super league bound mob.

ozenzud

Juniors
Bit too much emotion in the posts above. Well injuries might force Ivan's hand. But yes, Manu had his worst game ever. Worse than that Para game a year of two back. I'd seriously be looking at dropping him. The team has actually learnt to play without him........

But Lewis Brown was woeful last night. Appalling. A turnstyle. he wouldn't commit in defence. Johnston went missing. Locke was well controlled by Brisbane.

But Inu might have to come back to control the opposition kicking game. Hohaia might have to cover centre for Moon and Gondinet comes in to the side.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I'm willing to bet Manu doesn't get dropped. I don't think Ivan believes we can win without him.

No way Hohaia plays centre, incidentally. For me - Tupou to centre (he played there for the Vulcans this year), Inu to the wing. Brown dropped if Berrigan is fit.

Micistm

Bench
Bit too much emotion in the posts above. Well injuries might force Ivan's hand. But yes, Manu had his worst game ever. Worse than that Para game a year of two back. I'd seriously be looking at dropping him. The team has actually learnt to play without him........

But Lewis Brown was woeful last night. Appalling. A turnstyle. he wouldn't commit in defence. Johnston went missing. Locke was well controlled by Brisbane.

But Inu might have to come back to control the opposition kicking game. Hohaia might have to cover centre for Moon and Gondinet comes in to the side.

Yeah I agree, we are all emotive this morning...not to mention ****ing embarrassed.:lol:

If it was down to me I'd be dropping Manu, and he wouldn't be in the Vulcans either. Just end the season early, focus on getting yourself right for next year because he just all out of form at the moment. It's sad, but IMO it's the right thing to do. I certainly wouldn't sack the guy though.
My understanding is he has a lot of personal things on his mind as well atm? The early finish to 2011 might do him good. Focus on his health and form for next year. Maybe look at another position aside wing.

We could always use Manu Vatuvei as a centre or we could put him in the back row. Manly did it with Tony Williams and he has been carving it up for them.

Manu needs to be dropped he can have a turn at centre and forwards next season
Bring back the Smiling Assassin Inu, the beast is just pissing me off not good enough for man of his standards. Inu being dropped twice this season was a joke and both times i did NOT laugh, Cleary goto Penwiff now this was so embarassing I cant wait to see the mocking on all the shows

Martli

Coach
Well technically Manu can't play in the Vulcans this season now because he hasn't played any games for them in the normal season. I seriously think we're better off with Inu (provided the storm win of course). Sad to say really but Manu had a shocker.

Still, it's stupid to place so much burden on one player. The whole team was terrible really.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Well technically Manu can't play in the Vulcans this season now because he hasn't played any games for them in the normal season. I seriously think we're better off with Inu (provided the storm win of course). Sad to say really but Manu had a shocker.

Still, it's stupid to place so much burden on one player. The whole team was terrible really.

My understanding is if your first-grade side is still in the competition, you can play whoever you want..?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
From stevemascord.com:

The Penrith-bound mentor said he had no thoughts of replacing error prone winger Manu Vatuvei, as commentator Wally Lewis said he should have. “I’m not sure if they did (target him) or not. He just didn’t have a good night, did he? I guess you go back to the well, don’t you?

#5 v Tigers (we presume) looks like it will be worn by M.Vatuvei.

Meth

Staff member
Not talking about dropping Manu after 1 game. He's been awful all season. Not all his fault, but he just isn't the player he has been in the past at the moment. Don't drop him- play him in the Vulcans. Him and Lewis Brown. They should have to work their way back and work on the aspects of their game which are letting them down in the lower grade.

If we play next week, I'd go; (assuming Moon and Rapira are out and Berrigan is fit)

1- Locke
2- Tupou
3- Berrigan
4- Mannering
5- Inu
6- Maloney
7- Johnson
8- Lillyman
9- Mara
10- Packer
11- Taylor
12- Ta'ai