What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manu

Rich102

Staff member
OK. The big fellow has rejected the club's offer and decided to go to the market.

Is he right? Should we increase the offer now or try to secure him on the open market?

Would hate to see him play for someone else!

Skinner

Coach
Likely to be one of the bigger bidding frenzys, so probably best to up the ante immediately. Scurrah doesn't seem to do this sort of thing well.

Martli

Coach
Anyone know roughly how much was offered? Hopefully it's simply him seeing what's on offer before signing.

ozbash

Referee
The guy is up there with Stace in club legend status, if he goes then so should Bell/Scurrah.

Iafeta

Referee
I'm not at all worried. For a start, most clubs bar Cronulla are operating at full cap level... yet, despite a bucketload of money we can't get blokes to come here so we're left with money to upgrade and retain. The only way Manu will make more cash elsewhere is if he goes to the ESL or Union. Apparently he's already turned down near 7 figures in European Union.

No issues, we'll keep him.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
everything i've seen has him wanting to stay here in the biggest way.

i don't think it's possible (well...) for us to lose him.

Sanchez

Coach
Long time between now and when his contracts up. Just jostling for position at this early stage.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Not going anywhere. We will be able to match any other NRL teams offer money wise(well to an extent...if some team wants to fork out 600 or 700 grand then fair enough) plus the fact that he loves the club and probably doesn't want to move his young family.