What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Bryant

Briza

Juniors
Apparently Canberra Premier League player Mark Bryant has signed with Manly, could you please shed some light on him as I havents seen him play?

woodgers

Bench
He is actually fairly handy. I believe that he was a victim of his own importance to our PL side because he is the captain. He has had a few runs in 1st grade, and while not setting the world on fire, didn't disgrace himself either.

I am sorry to see him go if this is true because he is a top bloke and always had time for a drink with a few of us guys. It was great to see those young PL players around him, they all look up to him even though they train with higher profile players who have loads of NRL experience. That tells me that he is the type of player that puts in and others want to play with.

I wish him all the best. I will check the Manly team sheet each week hoping he gets a game. I think he has the potential that is for sure. The more I think about it the happier I am. He deserves a better go.

Also, i'm not laughing at Terry Hill yet. He is training the house down and if his knee holds up (considering he had finally had a decent off season and a half) he has the experience and skill to make a real difference out wide at Manly. The Manly side is shaping up nicely.

Raider_69

Post Whore
im pissed off he is leaving for 1 reason
that further weakens our front row depth #-o #-o

Anonymous

Juniors
I always thought he was a handy player. Sure as hell better than Thompson. I long for the days when we had Rutcho!

Raider Ultra

Bench
Damn, Bryant was always a good laugh to be around when out on 'Grandpa's old cough medicine'. I wish him all the best at Manly and hope his first grade career kicks on!

Kris_man

Bench
i remember after the Raiders v Roosters game in 2002, i said "hey, Mark!" - he looked shocked that someone knew he was :lol: i thought he was pretty good in 2002, but his first grade performances this year were nothing short of ordinary. there's something i like about him, though. i agree that he's got potential - he definitely has a good build for a front rower. i have no idea whatsoever why we got rid of him considering our severe lack of depth in the front row - another sign that Fielden might be coming?

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Apparantly he has signed with Manly. His parents are indicating that he has but there isn't an official word from the club yet.

You guys heard anything? More importantly do you rate him?

woodgers

Bench
I hope he has gone for his own sake as mentioned above.

I make no secret of the fact that I reckon Manly are assembling a really good side and will/should be the biggest improvers in 05. I will put my credibility (if any :D ) on that. Imagine a M Witt, M Monaghan combo in the halves? BK will add plenty as we know all too well, Beaver is not past it yet especially with a good halves combo (remember when he last ran off a decent 5/8?). Kite provide good go forward. Stewart was a real find at fullback this year. Donald is a good finisher. Hicks is handy at least, Randall is improving. The front row is the real problem but in Heckenburg they can compete at the very least. Depth may be a problem but that may be why Bryant is on his way to the north shore.