1. LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication - The Front Row - to accompany your footy weekend. INCLUDES team lists, match previews, match reports, key stats and news from around the National Rugby League - 32 pages and packed full. EDITION 1 - OUT NOW! JUST CLICK HERE TO READ ONLINE OR DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE PDF COPY.
    Dismiss Notice

Mark Gasnier

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by 2010, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Crush

Crush First Grade

Everything pisses you off OT.

Dragsters and BLM01 like this.
  2. Dragsters

Dragsters Bench

Imo, as a commentator Parker has a limited vocabulary, drone-like voice with little intonation, continually states the bleeding obvious and whilst he was a great player, just like a few others, is boring to bear for 80 minutes and should never have been given a commentary gig...

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  3. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

They don’t piss you off?

4. Ronnie Dobbs

Ronnie Dobbs Coach

He’s just being honest.

to_ddeath likes this.
  5. SBD82

SBD82 Coach

You’re 100% correct. He’s also a massive narcissist.

Sorry mate. I was joking. Referring to the exchange between Parker and Klemmer in origin that went like this:

Parker: “show some respect”
    Klemmer: “get f**ked you merkin”.

Dragsters likes this.
  6. Dragsters

Dragsters Bench

Of course, how could I forget that gem...

7. BBTB

BBTB Juniors

Unfortunately Avatar, is a complete fool.

8. BBTB

BBTB Juniors

Warren Smith's opinion, isn't worth dirt. He's a self serving idiot.with no credentials at all... No right to comment....
    He's fool, of three highest degree...
    His opinion.. Is worth nothing... And really seldom listened too.

9. True_Believer

True_Believer Juniors

For me, Anasta is by far the biggest PITA on Fox. Just can't stand his commentating and his obvious bias against the Dragons. Brandy annoys me occasionally and, like everyone else, I think Warren Ryan needs to be flicked. He's a fool. When these guys are on together commentating a Dragons game, it's barely watchable.

I rarely watch 9's coverage anymore, but if I turn it on and Hadley is commentating, I'll turn it straight off. I'd rather not watch the footy than listen to him.

**Edit - Apologies, I mean Warren Smith

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    Country Dragon and BBTB like this.
  10. Walpole

Walpole Juniors

There should be a way to mute individual commentators using your remote. So if you're forced to watch channel 9 for instance, you could mute Gould, Johns, Fittler, Rabs etc and just have about 3 minutes of comments from Sterlo and background noise. Or if you're on Fox you might want to mute most of the commentators and just listen to Kevvie Walters, who for some reason I find entertaining. I know he's usually talking nonsense but following the Dragons, sometimes you need a laugh.

BBTB likes this.
  11. RufusRex

RufusRex Post Whore

Warren Ryan was flicked for calling a bloke an Old Darkey or something.

BBTB likes this.
  12. Dragon_psa

Dragon_psa First Grade

To be fair, under Mary there have been bugger all if any games that are watchable regardless of commentary.

13. SGMax

SGMax Juniors

Warren Smith is a Rooster supporter and hates the Dragons particularly after 2010.
    He ruined the telecast of the 2010 GF by constantly referring to every decision that went against the Roosters and repeating them as the game went on with. I now have a Ch9 copy of the GF.

As for Gasnier,, I little disappointed he couldn't comment a little in favour of the Dragons especially when the others are allowed to be so biased.
    As a player, I thought he was lazy and always looking for the easy way out. Got out for easy money in French Rugby then got out again as soon as he had a media job....regardless of contracts or building a career and reputation.
    A very good centre but could have been one of the great centres of the modern game.

Old Timer and Frank Facer like this.
  14. redandwhite4evr

redandwhite4evr Juniors

None of the Fox crew are in Peter Sterling's league but I think that Alexander is probably the closest. When he was on Hadley's Continuous Call team some years ago he was an inarticulate, stumbling disaster whose commentary made it onto blooper tapes. However, he has improved dramatically.

15. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

Hates St George with a passion and death rides us so regardless of how articulate he may have become he can go f**k himself.
    Now Stirlo is a champion and in a league of his own re commentary and analysis.

Como Connection likes this.
  16. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

Was telling a joke at the time and used that terminology in the joke and he was outed and I think David Morrow suspended for a week or 2 and in the end David Morrow made a stance and left the ABC.

17. ChocOConnor

ChocOConnor Juniors

Anyone know the reason Gaz was turned away from joining the dragons in any capacity. One would have thought he would be a massive help for our centres even the one ones coming through. Coops once stated he couldn’t get a look in when he tried to help out. Geez I want to lose the first 5 games just knowing they will surely piss of that imposter of a coach

18. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

McGregor was a superstar centre. If he can’t teach them, what hopes do a couple of hacks like Gaz & Coops have?

Country Dragon and The calm one like this.
  19. The calm one

The calm one Juniors

No Gaz is coming here. Thank Christ

20. grouch

grouch First Grade

Hero of 2010. Dragons legend for life

Dragsters likes this.