What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MArk Geyer joining the Roosters next year

OVP

Coach
As our forwards coach. Great News IMO ... Maybe, just maybe we MAY even beat Penrith next year :) Bloody Hell, not even Freddy could do that as a player OR a coach LOL. Definitely, Penrith are our biggest bogie team :)

He also may be able to re-ignite our lost mongrel that we used to dominate with for so long. Welcome aboard Mark :)

I think Dogs and Manly are also our bogey teams as well.
I think we've won about 5 games on 20 years against dogs and I'm sure our win-loss record to Manly is not very good either.

Good news about MG too. I wish we could get Dean Pay back though.

LeagueLegend

Juniors
I'm a little disappointed in MG for selling out his MtDruitt roots for the latte set of the Eastern Suburbs. I suppose it just goes to show that NRL clubs will pay anyone with a hint of knowledge about the game for the chance of improving their fortunes.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
The Camden Leisure Pirate said:
Freddy and MG - A brains-trust if I have ever seen one.

My first thought. Can you imagine the conversation between those two? Yeah, great signing. :lol:

S.S.T.I.D said:
My first thought. Can you imagine the conversation between those two? Yeah, great signing. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, after seeing how the young blokes at the Roosters
responded to Freddy, I think MG will have a great impact in the pre-game,
half-time and post-game rev-up.

But in a technical role..... Not so sure.

And wasn't MG one of the leaders in the Anti-Anasta brigade?

Mr Saab

Referee
LeagueLegend said:
I'm a little disappointed in MG for selling out his MtDruitt roots for the latte set of the Eastern Suburbs.

Is it that big of a deal?
He has no association with the Panthers, he has said that many times, and this is a good opportunity to get involved in a greater role.
Blocker Roach is a Tiger through and through, but was given a chance by Hasler to be a forwards coach for Manly 2005/6.

badav

Bench
LeagueLegend said:
I'm a little disappointed in MG for selling out his MtDruitt roots for the latte set of the Eastern Suburbs. I suppose it just goes to show that NRL clubs will pay anyone with a hint of knowledge about the game for the chance of improving their fortunes.

How many times have you heard MG say "yeah well i retired in 2000 but since then i havent had anything to do with the club"

he dropped the hint about 1000 times but i guess Penrith didnt want him??

Instead they hire nuffies like Matt Adamson.

So you cant really call it "selling out".

lolesi

First Grade
Marshall_magic said:
He's off the footy show for 2008 then. :D

Doubt it. Matt Johns is a consultant for the Storm, was for the Sharks a couple years back to and it never affected his role with 9.

S.S.T.I.D said:

a lot more intelligent than your conversions and or the souths board under piggins and or any conversation between souffs supporters.

doh we did he go

MG will bring alot of knowledge to the rorters no doubt. He was a good player and even though his opinions are stupid at times, he does know what he is talking about.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Dragonsforthewin said:
MG will bring alot of knowledge to the rorters no doubt. He was a good player and even though his opinions are stupid at times, he does know what he is talking about.

He was a good player 7 years ago. I don't think he has the brains for today's game to be honest.

kooriguy

Juniors
ah good old roosters allways good for using up penrith resources, i spose only pansies live in the eastern suburbs though so cant blame them for asking someone with hair on their balls to coach their forwards.

Latest posts