What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Mclinden - Hot or Not?

How do you rate Mark Mclinden?

• Great Player! How dare you trash him!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He is a good player but not a halfback

• He would be good with a better half paring next year

• Macca is a utility player - nothing more, nothing less

• Macca is average

• Total voters

Brimmer

Juniors
But When!? I haven't seen much of the lad but there is a hell of a lot of hype about him! As good as somebody like Karmichael Hunt? I know that the positions are different but I have no idea?

Can he tackle?

How good is his passing game?

His kicking is all good from what I hear?

Does he talk on the field?

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Dont forget we still have Michael Dobson in Jersey Flegg. His wraps are almost as big as Carney's. I think long term if we are able to hang onto both of them we will see:

6.Carney
7.Dobson

I don't know where that leaves Mclinden.

sydraider

First Grade
Well if Msrs elliot had some gonads he would have given carney more of a run this year, then we would have seen what he has to offer.
Same goes for campo, the both of them need more experience, they aint gonna get it when the coaching staff smothers them in cotton wool.

hrundi99

First Grade
Campbell is a speed bump in defense as well but not many complained about it last year.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Dobson should either play in the halves or at hooker.
Organisational skills and defense is holding Mclinden back from fulfilling his incredible potential, and like others have said, after 6-7 years of 1's, this is as good as he'll likely get.

Anonymous

Juniors
Hmmm so in the future we're looking at a halves depth of:

1-McLinden
2-Carney
3-Campese
4-Zillman
5-Dobson

I can hear the Roosters opening their chequebooks already...

Kris_man

Bench
sorry guys, but i just don't think we should look at jersey flegg guys for short-term options. it's very rare that they go on to regular first grade soon after flegg. even looking at premier league guys its cutting it a bit fine, i reckon.

Kris_man

Bench
iwhat i mean is, if you have to rely on premier leaguers stepping up (and i think sometimes you do have to take that risk), then you're probably in trouble. the fact is that the good teams don't change their team much.

you pick a squad of 25 players at the start of the year, and you basically just use those guys. in fact, barring injuries, you should really only use about 19 or 20 players - the 17 plus a couple of extra for the inevitable form slumps. you do have to look at premier league options in some respects, but only the guys you've either earmarked at the start of the year, or guys who are absolutely gunning it there.

i think this season, however, we had a high number of form slumps. the premier league players deserved high consideration because they were going great while first grade was struggling. this is where i think elliott's "positivity" and "faith" in the first grade guys prevented him from seeing the potential of the premier leaguers. looking back, i'm sure we can all agree that elliott made the wrong decision in keeping a lot of those players out. but to be fair, it's always easy to see these things in hindsight. some of us, though, saw it coming (ie, the disaster in sticking to things that worked last year, eg, toots at 5/8, mclinden at half and boogers over phil)

ball boy

Bench
just one thing about dobbo guys wich one of the flegg officials told me was he would be higher up in the grades but he is to small and they dont know if he will grow and that could affect his chances in going further in rugby league.. meanwhile they said zilly was awesome

Latest posts