What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Mclinden - Hot or Not?

How do you rate Mark Mclinden?

• Great Player! How dare you trash him!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He is a good player but not a halfback

• He would be good with a better half paring next year

• Macca is a utility player - nothing more, nothing less

• Macca is average

• Total voters

Anonymous

Juniors
Does size really matter? Look at someone like Tim Donnelly (NSW Waratahs 5/8 ). He should have played Super 12 years before he did, but people kept saying he was too small. When he finially made it in, he killed it.

Anonymous

Juniors
You too thickos.

I'm comparing a small man who everyone got hammered in the same position in a similar sport and you think 'ooooh chance to attack union'.

Get over it.

thickos

First Grade
Settle down Timbo. You may be surprised but I know who Tim Donnelly is. And I know a reasonable amount about union, despite the fact that it bores me to tears. Despite my dislike of it I read about it mainly because it gives me an excuse to read more of the sport section and do less work. :lol:

I was, however, having a laugh at ball boy's reply to your post. His eloquence in getting to the point the way only a 14 yr old can is pure gold sometimes.

This is a league forum and there's bound to be plenty of union haters on it. And people who think Boogers goes ok and tries hard too.

edabomb

First Grade
hrundi99 said:
Campbell is a speed bump in defense as well but not many complained about it last year.

Penrith use Campbell well in defense. He is hardly seen in a 1 on 1 situation. We struggle to do this with Macca because of our amount of poor 1 on 1 defenders IMO.

Anonymous

Juniors
edabomb said:
hrundi99 said:
Campbell is a speed bump in defense as well but not many complained about it last year.

Penrith use Campbell well in defense. He is hardly seen in a 1 on 1 situation. We struggle to do this with Macca because of our amount of poor 1 on 1 defenders IMO.

Which is ironic seeing as though Moggy is just about the number 1 one-on-one defender in the NRL.

ball boy

Bench
Timbo said:
edabomb said:
hrundi99 said:

Which is ironic seeing as though Moggy is just about the number 1 one-on-one defender in the NRL.

haha shut down edabomb

edabomb

First Grade
An average of 2.3 mistackles per game hardly makes anyone a top defender in my books. But no one ever agrees with me!!!

Brimmer

Juniors
I do edabomb.

Penrith get away with it because they defend around Preston. Besides, Preston Campbell is a better tackler than Mark McLinden anyway. OK... Preston doesn't usually finish them off but he hangs on until the big boys get there.... Macca gets swatted like a fly.

Another thing, this compressed defense bullshit is obviously to cover up his defensive weaknesses. IT DOESN'T WORK! Every week (Manly and Roosters come to mind in particular) We see this over compressed defence and a 3 man overlap out wide. The clever teams have been putting us away.

Sorry Macca... You're a liability in defence. I challenge anybody to prove me wrong.

Montz

Juniors
Hot.. oh wait thats just a reflex... "He would be good with a better half paring next year"

paulquinn49

Bench
Cant you guys flirt on the phone or something? Internet flirting is sickening especially when the people that are doing are Jlo haters :D

edabomb

First Grade
Agreed PQ, young love should not be encouraged in any way on these forums. LOCK AND DELETE. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander Thickos!!!! :lol: :lol:

thickos

First Grade
Hello, is that DrewBeliever and Quinny, or Bay56 and RR I hear??? :p Come on edabomb, this stuff is common occurence around here. :D