What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark O Meley

Big Pete

Referee
I was a bit mystified about Price's non selection but I guess after his poor Tri Nations campaign last year Stuart put him down as too old.

O'Meley is a fine prop however he isn't in form, on his day he's one of the best props in the game.

Kite has really lifted in this years Tri Nations.

Thaiday suggested some good form in his first game. Just needs more game time and experience.

Tupou has been limited, had a poor first game, had a fine second and barely played last week. Too early to judge IMO.

Kafusi although a bit of a iffy decision (like Thaiday and Tupou) has proved his worth. I thought he played well on Saturday. Although I wouldn't be surprised not to see him play again.

We still have a good crop of forwards though. Have a look at:

Luke Bailey

Steve Price

Jason Ryles (He was showing some good signs this year, also got Dragons PotY which is saying something)

Steve Simpson - Seems like he's been forgotten since Origin. A great player who can play Prop or Second Row.

Paul Gallen - Another great player, who IMO under Stuart will probably see more Rep footy.

Reni Maitua - Injured but he'll be there in the future. IMO behind BK was the best lock of 2006.

That's all our established players too, we still have plenty coming through in terms of Douglas, Carboda, Weyman, Miller, Parker, Perry, Newton, Clinton, Ross, Scott, Myles, White, Watmough and more.

I reckon our forward depth is fine, not as good as the past but sooner or later you do have to blood for the future.

i dont think he is the worst,
he has been average in some games, but he has proved that if he is on his game he can make a huge impact

mattyg

Bench
I'd take Asotasi over O'Meley, i'll admit that. I wouldn't take Price over O'Meley because of his age. O'Meley was one of the top offloaders this year despite not having the best year, and he does make plenty of metres, especially when he is fired up.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
lol. There is a gap in class and ability between Price and O'Meley. Forget age. If you're picking a team to win this weekend's game, it's a no-brainer.

lockyno1

Post Whore
It is a bit of both TH. The World Cup is next year so I am sure Stuart is building his team with a goal of that World Cup campaign.

Charlie124

First Grade
To say O'meley is anywhere near the "worst" prop capped by Australia is a joke, the guy has had a quiet year but just because he isnt setting the world on fire shouldnt mean he is labelled the worst. Personally i dont believe he is even the worst in the current squad.

mattyg

Bench
Charlie124 said:
To say O'meley is anywhere near the "worst" prop capped by Australia is a joke, the guy has had a quiet year but just because he isnt setting the world on fire shouldnt mean he is labelled the worst. Personally i dont believe he is even the worst in the current squad.

Spot On.

And as if he should be setting the world on fire every week in a pack such as the Bulldogs one. He has had a few stand out performances, although it has been a quiet year for him. But saying he is the worst prop capped is a disgraceful thing to say.

D

Deleted member 10972

A full strength Aussie forward pack is:

8. Luke Bailey
9. Danny Buderus
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Steve Simpson
13. Reni Maitua/Luke O'Donnell/Tonie Carroll

14. Craig Wing (or Berro, depending on form)
15. Mark O'Meley
16. Willie Mason
17. Andrew Ryan/Luke O'Donnell/Brent Kite/Sam Thaiday/Anthony Tupou

lockyno1

Post Whore
Wing, dear gosh. Smith, Farah, and Berrigan will all be ahead of Wing. Wing is gone, won't play rep footy again.

D

Deleted member 10972

Wing had a year of being moved around by Sticky. If he finds his touch again & is utilized correctly, he would be a great asset. If he doesn't, then Farah or Berrigan. Smith off the bench = garbage.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Wing is slower now and teams have worked him out. His rep career is gone. He is not quick enough nowadays to be a impact hooker. I have never bought this "impact" player crap honestly. If you are replacing Buderus, you'd want someone as close to him as possible- that is Cameron Smith. Beriigan is barely a hooker and I am a Brisbane fane. Farah is the impact hooker but I don't think we need one.

ozbash

Referee
lockyno1 said:
It is a bit of both TH. The World Cup is next year so I am sure Stuart is building his team with a goal of that World Cup campaign.

stuart couldnt build a sand castle.

you guys wont come anywhere near the w/cup next year with him in charge.

if you lose on sat night will he keep his job ?

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Thierry Henry said:
Steve Price is arguably Australia's best available prop and not in the squad....and yet O'Meley, Thaiday (SOOOO overrated- I rate Tupou much higher) and Kaufusi (???? who is he????) are in there. It's beyond bizarre.

However, they are all better than Richard Villasanti :lol: I'm pretty sure Kaufusi is another Villasanti pick- a player eligible for NZ and Aus, who has half a good season and gets snapped up by Aus so he can't rep for NZ.

Bingo!!! He scores a couple tries in finals matches and is in the Australian team. Apart from that he was nothing special all season.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
The Mack said:
A full strength Aussie forward pack is:

8. Luke Bailey
9. Danny Buderus
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Steve Simpson
13. Reni Maitua/Luke O'Donnell/Tonie Carroll

14. Craig Wing (or Berro, depending on form)
15. Mark O'Meley
16. Willie Mason
17. Andrew Ryan/Luke O'Donnell/Brent Kite/Sam Thaiday/Anthony Tupou

Craig Wing is no chance of making it back.. zilch.. zip.. I cannot see him getting back in the NSW team..

Skinner

Coach
The Original Eye said:
Is this man the worse prop ever to be capped by Australia ? Hardly G Dowling or G Lazarus is he.

Come to think of it,where are all the great Ocker forwards I used to love watching ?

R Reddy
R Price
S Roach
B Lindner
B Clyde
P Harragon

This current lot just don't inspire me.

Now your talking boyo, particularly Rocket, Bobby Lindner and Bradley Clyde.
Always had a soft spot for Blocker. Mr Perpetual was a beaut. The Chief is a
legend.

Cheers

Rocco

Juniors
O'Meley is sh*t and slow. he will get smashed in every tackle when doing hit ups.

oh and matty, those hits on gibbs and gilmour were a cheap shot with an elbow to the head but shame you cant see that since o'meley plays for the bulldogs and you will do whatever it takes to defend him

Godz Illa said:
His greatest asset seems to be a marvellous knack for evading criticism on internet league forums. Thankfully, it seems that, too, is waning.

I agree...he came on the scene and was the nest big thing but really is one dimensional and has no ability to offload or lay a big tackle at all..;-)

mattyg

Bench
Rocco said:
O'Meley is sh*t and slow. he will get smashed in every tackle when doing hit ups.

oh and matty, those hits on gibbs and gilmour were a cheap shot with an elbow to the head but shame you cant see that since o'meley plays for the bulldogs and you will do whatever it takes to defend him

That post just shows how stupid you really are. How can you do a cheap shot while you are making a hit up! All he done was run the ball hard, it was the opposition players fault for not getting into the right position to make the tackle. Your probably the only person who thinks those hits are cheap shots. You can't see otherwise since you have such immense hatred for us. Still not sure why though.

>zuzu<

Juniors
Rocco said:

Deadset Rocco you would have to be the most racist, pathetic and dead set scum of this forum. The way you prance around thinking your King sh!t compared to all doggies supporters is quiet funny.

You are nothing mate. O Meleys hits cheap shots? hehehe.

Funny how whenever a dogs player is involved in a thread, your always there to bag them.

Now get out of here you bias gronk.