What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark O'Neill

Delboy

First Grade
The suggestion is that he was a standout in all aspects. Guess we have to see what he brings but in saying that, as a so called premier sporting organnsiation it's not the level of appointment expected. Bit underwhelming really.

The Knights appoint Brian Canavan, Warriors appoint Brian Smith, we know Cowboys and Storm have reasonable GMs. Just doesn't look like the sort of top level appointment to steer us out of a bad season. Very glad to be proven completely wrong

Eelogical

Referee
A store manager or what does senior management mean ? Foran’s Dad is in senior management too of kmart or whatever and earns $12m a year. Are we jumping to conclusions here ? No mature benefit of the doubt ?

Fresh meat for the deathriders. It's beyond exciting.

Avenger

Immortal
A store manager or what does senior management mean ? Foran’s Dad is in senior management too of kmart or whatever and earns $12m a year. Are we jumping to conclusions here ? No mature benefit of the doubt ?
I don't care if he owns Woolworths. He has next to no experience as a football manager. He has as much experience as Steve Sharp. Let's hire him.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I am f**king speechless. What experience does he have? He had a post-playing role for 6 months at the Tigers and was boned for alleged misconduct. Now we hire him.

Our club is f**ked.
Don’t get me wrong, I think we’ve set the bar pretty f**king low with this appointment, but I think he spent 7 or 8 years at the NRL. Match Review Committee maybe

Avenger

Immortal
Instant death riding as f**king usual, I must say I’m surprised but maybe he at least deserves a go before all of the forum experts write him off
We are driving an agenda of cultural change yet we hire someone that left their last footballing role due to alleged misconduct and inappropriate behaviour.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ma...football-general-manager-20160930-grsiad.html

Seriously are you people from another planet? I know Bernie definitely is.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't care if he owns Woolworths. He has next to no experience as a football manager. He has as much experience as Steve Sharp. Let's hire him.
Were you not complaining that the board lack NRL experience ?

Perhaps they felt that they needed a guy who had exposure in mangement, handling big budgets plus being able to relate to footy players ? I’m just putting it out there, but TBH it amuses me how merkins do their loll without any facts. I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt because the board are all high end suits and won’t take decisions like this lightly.

Anyway flame away everyone.

Avenger

Immortal

Perhaps they felt that they needed a guy who had exposure in mangement, handling big budgets plus being able to relate to footy players ? I’m just putting it out there, but TBH it amuses me how merkins do their loll without any facts. I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt because the board are all high end suits and won’t take decisions like this lightly.

See above. It's not a good look yet you are trying to sugarcoat it.

Bolgeel

Juniors

Well said but of course you will be derided for being a nuthugger FMD

Avenger

Immortal
Seeing we don't care about past indecisions why don't we just hire that shadow boxer that got boned from Cronulla for accidentally hitting that lady. He was a former Parra boy and has plenty more experience than our Wollies boy.

El Diablo

Post Whore
nuthugger alert

Latest posts