What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

marketing / rogers tribute/ board

pogo

Juniors
well beekershark , lets have your assessment of marketings performance after game one.

ABYSMAL............the most limp , piss poor tribute to the greatest ever shark.

to think that with so much notice they could only attract 14,000 to the game is a disgrace.

and the so called tribute was a re hash of video footage that has been played over and over recently, a very very average effort indeed.
to merely interview a senile commentator who referred to sludge as SLEDGE and struggled to form a sentence was laughable.

game day entertainment?? there was NONE!

there is absolutely no doubt cronulla lack professionalism in all areas.

its only a matter of time now before the clowns that run the club are replaced.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I agree bobo. It was almost a non event which was sad and unfortunately helped set the tone of the night.

Thomo.

First Grade
the entertainment and tribute lacked alot.

i was unaware of the placard put on sludges seat in the et stand. but i pogo you are so right...

tye

Juniors
Well what do you want the club to do. They have Rodgers name on the jerseys, matt presented the players there jerseys before the game last night, they have retired Steves seat for the year, a minutes silence before the game, the cheerleaders have 3 on there jackets. I think the club has done more than enough and we should get on with it.....

beekershark

Bench
Why ask my opinion Pogo ? you seem to have pretty firm views yourself :)

I'm reserving my judgement a little on last night I guess. I agree that I didn't feel the emotion of the tribute last night, not sure why. I felt more emotional at ET and Mitch Healeys fairwell game. That may well be because as you say the videos and tributes are something that I've seen a few times already.

I was watching in an area with people pretty close to home and the tribute was certainly appreciated, although no one knew what the big " secret" was and it created quite a chuckle at the end of the game with everyone still scratching their head and laughing about " where is the big secret"

I think the crowd figure was actually posted truthfully for once, it felt like 14000 there.

There was obvious tension between pearce and the rogers boys and all were stood appropriately apart during the " interviews".

Thomo.

First Grade
the minute silence went for 20 seconds! bring back the days of a true minutes silence.

SharkWings

Juniors
pogo said:
well beekershark , lets have your assessment of marketings performance after game one.

ABYSMAL............the most limp , piss poor tribute to the greatest ever shark.

to think that with so much notice they could only attract 14,000 to the game is a disgrace.

and the so called tribute was a re hash of video footage that has been played over and over recently, a very very average effort indeed.
to merely interview a senile commentator who referred to sludge as SLEDGE and struggled to form a sentence was laughable.

game day entertainment?? there was NONE!

there is absolutely no doubt cronulla lack professionalism in all areas.

its only a matter of time now before the clowns that run the club are replaced.

It was embarrassing....

The Nulla

Juniors
Flacid... Just like the second half performance of our souless soldiers. Show some heart FFS.

Thankfully, rumour is something big will happen regarding the board and management at seasons end. Let it be.

The Popper

Bench
thomo_shark said:
the minute silence went for 20 seconds! bring back the days of a true minutes silence.
Not even that, Thomo. It took the mugs on beer hill that amount of time to realise something was going on and eventually shut up.

Card Shark

Immortal
The tribute to Sludge was ordinary, too say the least.
He deserved better & so did the fans from the players.
Disappointing all round.

The Nulla said:
Flacid... Just like the second half performance of our souless soldiers. Show some heart FFS.

Thankfully, rumour is something big will happen regarding the board and management at seasons end. Let it be.

Maybe a Hollywood celb might buy us and save us!

Latest posts