What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MARSH:I hit Barret in the chest

Parrasque

Juniors
Just said in a post-game interview, said that he won't hold a grudge on Barret, and "Thats Footy"

Look how good he handled this

Barret on the other hand said he wont say he'l regret what he did

raider_ktj

Juniors
Yeh well i hope he gets a lengthy stint on the sideline... then maybe he'l regret what he did.

eelsta

Bench
i'll give barrett the benefit of the doubt just a brain explosion.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deacon

First Grade
eelsta said:
i'll give barrett the benefit of the doubt just a brain explosion.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yer both players i believe were stupid in there actions and it shouldnt go any further then tonight

gregstar

Referee
there's no way barrett will be cited, because it's impossible to prove whether he was not hit high (whether off the chest or not). it's so painfully obvious that with regards to his reaction, the judiciary would simply rule that the resulting try was sufficient punishment.

the hysteria this is generating is mind boggling - when he isn't charged, will this pathetic posting continue?

Briza

Juniors
Marsh's elbow regardles of where it made contact was deliberate imo, and i'd flog the little fecker too!

innsaneink

Referee
Sheros los Deros said:
Barret should be charged with contrary conduct.
Marsh doesn't have a case to answer.

Yeah, sounds fair. Contrary conduct & punchin like a 9yo girl.

Kiwi

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Yeah, sounds fair. Contrary conduct & punchin like a 9yo girl.

Be careful, RBK and his tough guy little friend will tell you Barrett would knock you into 2010, then call you an internet tough guy if you don't agree with them.

C.P

Juniors
From a neutral supporter perspective. Marsh came in with the elbow it wasnt late and it came up of the shoulder, Barrett who had been on angry pills all night got up and started king hitting Marsh from behind.
Some posters have argued that the judiciary should become involved and in that respect the question has to be asked would it make it different if Barretts club from behind knocked Marsh out? The 2nd punch caught him flush on the cheek.
The 2nd/3rd man in point was also raised on the site but from what i saw looking carefully at the footage lots of players raced in but i didnt see anybody coming in throwing punches which would get them in trouble later in the week.
The try scored was punishment enough. Saints will know in their hearts that they lost the game from that point and will be smarter from the experience

Jordan

Juniors
I'd like to see some more camera angles of the incident... I'm still not convinced Marsh's elbow missed Barrett's face. It wouldn't have been direct contact (might have grazed the side of his face), but I don't think he just hit his chest.

Latest posts