What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MARSH:I hit Barret in the chest

God-King Dean

Immortal
If anyone thinks that he didn't hit with the fist, they are clealy biased

I like how you can get away wit manslaughter, & not get nearly as much with murder

Same intention. same sentence

shadow grinder

First Grade
markstan said:
I thought Marsh hit him with his left fist? as he was going through on Barret's chin. Im not certain but from the replay that's what I thought happened

even if that was the case.

danny williams was hit in a high tackle and head slammed before knocking O'niel out....so why is it alright for barret to retailate and not williams?

he shouldnt have taken the game into his own hands....3 punches to the back of someones head/temple area is not on...no matter what the circumstance.....

God-King Dean

Immortal
Well if we're gonna compare a f*ckwit like Williams with Barrett, how is Hindmarshs grapple any different from any player who has been charge with the same offence?

shadow grinder

First Grade
Immortal said:
Well if we're gonna compare a f*ckwit like Williams with Barrett, how is Hindmarshs grapple any different from any player who has been charge with the same offence?

exactly...its not any different. the judicary are geniuss thats why hindmarsh was let off

agian you call danny williams a f**kwit yet he has done the same thing as thug barret.

Hurriflatch

Referee
My problem with Barrett isn't the fact he re-acated, he obviously thought it was a high shot even though PJ was

A) Commite
b) going for the ball

The issue I have is the fact that Barrett backed down as soon as it became a fiar fight (ie Marsh was facing him)

markstan

Juniors
shadow grinder said:
so why is it alright for barret to retailate and not williams?

he shouldnt have taken the game into his own hands....3 punches to the back of someones head/temple area is not on...no matter what the circumstance.....

I dont agree with what Barret did i just think it was maybe a little fist and not an elbow. No he shouldn't have done what he did and should be in trouble, But with the NRL's stance on a few fisty cuffs i.e who cares it's likely nothing will happen. the NRL should just outlaw punches full stop.

shadow grinder

First Grade
markstan said:
I dont agree with what Barret did i just think it was maybe a little fist and not an elbow. No he shouldn't have done what he did and should be in trouble, But with the NRL's stance on a few fisty cuffs i.e who cares it's likely nothing will happen. the NRL should just outlaw punches full stop.

yeah.

i think the ref said. something like "me and the vid ref have looked at it and tehre is nothing wrong advantage is going to eels."...so the ref and vid ref have missed the "fist" or "elbow"

God-King Dean

Immortal
For the people who thinks Barrett is a cat for tryin to hit PJ with dog shots...:

How is it any different from PJ hitting him with the forearms when he was simply kicking the ball?

P.S (I hope someone tries to argue that he wasn't coming in with the forearms)

shadow grinder

First Grade
Immortal said:
For the people who thinks Barrett is a cat for tryin to hit PJ with dog shots...:

How is it any different from PJ hitting him with the forearms when he was simply kicking the ball?

P.S (I hope someone tries to argue that he wasn't coming in with the forearms)

why so you can show this picture?

0,5001,5025278,00.jpg

shadow grinder

First Grade
well someone could argue that he had his eyes towards the ground and therefore wasnt aiming to hit him in the face. and by that picture it looks like he is going to connect with the chest.

something else i wanted to pointed out..is that there were a fair bit of grapple tackles during the game

Hurriflatch

Referee
Marsh was going for the charge down it didn't happen but PJ was commited BEFORE Barrett kicked the ball.

AS I've said, Barrett reacting isn't the issue.

Barrett only fighting when PJ's back was turned and as soon as it became a fair fight with Marsh facing Barrett, him backing down is the issue.

Had Barrett taken the fight to Marsh when both players were facing each other I would'nt have an issue.

Barrett can only hit players when their backs are turned and that is a dog act.

God-King Dean

Immortal
F*ck this PC sh*t (of there suck thing in fighting)

If someone came in with the elbows, would you give a sh*t if you wanted to belt them if they were looking or not> No Just wanna knock there head off in the moment

As I've said, they were both in the wrong, so why make more of it then what it is>

markstan

Juniors
One thing though Marsh was fairly commited right, I dont know if it was intentional or not? My problem is, really No player should be leaving the ground under no circumstances, when someone kicks and there in mid air there vulnerable. I mean half the kickers would probably prefer being tackled to have someone flying in with elbows shoulders etc. Why do people leave the ground? Clearly there not trying to block the kick, so they must at least be trying to tackle the kicker, but generally you dont tend to run in at 100mph to tackle someone. To me it's clearly a deliberate tactic to irritate kickers. It's been happening for ages but really should be addressed.

Dirk Titan

Juniors
Barret is trying to get a kick away, in doing so he is completley defenceless. As he is kicking he is watching a player mid flight with elbow cocked flying his way.Elbow comining at his upper chest lower head.
Most would react the same.

If he was a rooster I would say!I know the guy and it's not his go.

mickdo

Coach
Players try to hit the kicker all the freaking time!!! Defenceless or not, he is fair game while he is kicking the damn ball and Marsh was 100% committed to the hit. And if you are going to try and put a hit on a player, you don't have much choice as to what you use in a hit... 2 arms, 2 shoulders. Go and play tiddly winks if you don't like it ffs.

Latest posts