What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marsh Open to Offers

Marsh open to offers

By Steve Jancetic
May 20, 2007
IF NRL clubs didn't know it before, they do now - Parramatta hooker PJ Marsh is a free agent next year and he's willing to listen to any offers.
The Eels have agreed to release Marsh from the final year of his contract in 2008 with the former Queensland Origin star claiming he wants be at a club where he can be an 80-minute player.
Marsh has had to make do with sharing the hooking role at the Eels with Mark Riddell over the last two seasons - the one-two combo proving particularly effective in last night's 44-14 win over North Queensland at Parramatta Stadium.
But the former New Zealand Warrior, in his second stint at the Eels, said he wanted an even greater role despite the fact he had reclaimed the starting berth from Riddell.
"I started getting branded a bit as a bit of a super sub, whereas it's not that long ago it feels like at the Warriors I got 80 minutes every week,'' Marsh said.
"I'd like to one day maybe get back to there. I honestly haven't heard too much.
"Clubs probably weren't expecting that I'd be off contract so hopefully now that we've put it out there - it's been out there a couple of weeks - club's might be having a look now.''
But Marsh rejected claims he wanted out of Parramatta at all costs.
"I'm not unhappy at the club, I love Parramatta,'' Marsh said.
"I've got one year left and there's more than a 50 per cent chance I'll end up just being here for next year.''
Marsh and Riddell ran rampant as they found plenty of metres through the middle of the Cowboys defence, Parramatta coach Michael Hagan admitting he'd tinkered with his side's style of play.
"We just changed the way we played a little bit with PJ and Mark at dummy half,'' Hagan said.
"I think that was something we needed to do a bit more of and I think they executed that stuff.
"Our support for the footy was a lot better and we've got guys that can run the football - I think that's been a real plus for us.''
The Cowboys were left contemplating another horror representative period, last night's game the first where they'd be disrupted by Origin commitments with coach Graham Murray, Johnathan Thurston, Carl Webb and Jacob Lillyman all spectators.
Murray will be hoping his three rep players all get through Wednesday night's game unscathed with a tough battle against the Bulldogs looming on Friday night.
The club did get some good news today on centre Ashley Graham, who was initially thought to have suffered a season-ending knee injury last night.
Cowboys officials are now optimistic that scans tomorrow will confirm only a medial ligament strain, which could see Graham return in as little as four weeks.
AAP

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21764321-23214,00.html

JOB 3:14

Juniors
You can't please everybody. He has won the hooking role from Pig but he still wants out. "I love Parramatta......." give me a break.

Suitman

Post Whore
Can anyone tell me why we have released him from the final year of his contract anyway???
Hasn't he been one of our better performers this year?

Suity

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Suitman said:
Can anyone tell me why we have released him from the final year of his contract anyway???
Hasn't he been one of our better performers this year?

Suity

If that is the case I can only imagine it would be to free up even more money for the "fab four".

Ron Jeremy

Coach
COACH STERLING said:
If that is the case I can only imagine it would be to free up even more money for the "fab four".

Michael Witt, Ash Graham, Brett Delaney & Kane Cleal are coming back:shock:

Nikki

Coach
Hillsong must be tightening their grip on his wages and he needs more money.. :lol:

Dont let the door hit you on the way out buddy.

Parra Guru

Coach
Nikki said:
Hillsong must be tightening their grip on his wages and he needs more money.. :lol:

Dont let the door hit you on the way out buddy.

:lol:

Yeah I can't help but feel that he's used Parra as a piggy back for his career. We threw him another chance after his neck injury and he's still not satisfied. Look, good on him for setting his standards high, but I don't really think he's been a great clubman, I definately think he's replaceable and therefore I won't miss him when he leaves.

MrT

Juniors
Eela, was this the bad news you were hearing.
This is very disappointing stuff, as Riddell is way too slow out of dummy half and isn't an 80 min player.

This will cause big problems as we don't have a good replacement.

Matt Keating is nowhere near the quality of PJ.

Whoever gets PJ will be laughing hard at Parra

fish eel

Immortal
Parra Guru said:
:lol:

Yeah I can't help but feel that he's used Parra as a piggy back for his career.

Career being the operative word.

He probably has one contract left in the NRL, so cant blame him.

Still, could do without him prostituting himself like this mid season. Someone should tell him to talk on the field and let his manager earn his keep of it....

Parra Guru

Coach
Yep, he is getting on and I don't blame him for chasing the money. I was more meaning that I won't lose any sleep over him leaving.

Nikki

Coach
You know what, Im just sittin here thinking, and Im sick of these boys using the "I love Parra, but.. " line. Now, us long suffering fans know what it is to love Parra, but some of these boys only know what its like to love Parra's money. There are up and coming kids who do wanna stay loyal to Parra, but they dont even get a look in due to money hungry players. And Im not neccisarily pointed the finger at any particular player here, just my rant for the evening..

fish eel

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
If we release PJ and Mateo & Smith aren't resigned then that will do me......

dont you understand Ron, Mateo apparantely loves our club and wants to stay and we're trying but there are other clubs making it hard :roll:

I said elsewhere last night....given how long ago Tahu made his decision and freed up cash for next year, we really have no excuse for not securing guys like Mateo....as much as some ppl want to give us an out. If these guys really want to stay and love our club like we keep hearing....and we cant make a deal work then something is wrong

Ron Jeremy

Coach
fish eel said:
dont you understand Ron, Mateo apparantely loves our club and wants to stay and we're trying but there are other clubs making it hard :roll:

I said elsewhere last night....given how long ago Tahu made his decision and freed up cash for next year, we really have no excuse for not securing guys like Mateo....as much as some ppl want to give us an out. If these guys really want to stay and love our club like we keep hearing....and we cant make a deal work then something is wrong

No excuses this time Fish, absolute none!! don't buy any off this sh*t that we are close to the cap it's absolute load of crap probably used as a way of resigning players to lesser contracts, absolute load of crap

Latest posts