What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marsh Open to Offers

PJ Marsh reckons there is a better than even chance he will stay an Eel for next year.

''I'm not unhappy at the club, I love Parramatta,'' Marsh was quoted as saying.

''I've got one year left and there's more than a 50 per cent chance I'll end up just being here for next year.''

Meanwhile, Michael Hagan has explained he has changed the way the Eels work out of dummy half.

''I think that was something we needed to do a bit more of and I think they executed that stuff. Our support for the footy was a lot better and we've got guys that can run the football - I think that's been a real plus for us.

http://www.filthy_spammers.com/index.php

thedux

Juniors
This list is what i regard to be the best 6 hookers and how many mins they played last week:
1. Smith 80
2. Buderus 75
3. Farah 80
4. Monaghan 80
5. Payne 80
6. Priddis 80

I think it's fairly evident that the best dummy-halves don't need to interchange but we have seen over the years that PJ rarely influences a match for its entirety. He tends to play himself in patches, even hwen he was getting 80 mins at the warriors. I don't think that Piggy is the answer (more suited to the back row) but Hagan must have a plan. Maybe Green or Finch can be utlilised there!!!

dazeely

First Grade
fair call Bartman.

I think its more the dissappointment thing with most of us though. We thought he was here to stay when he returned. Thems the brakes. Does he see himself more as a halfback if he thinks he will get 80 min elsewhere.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
thedux said:
This list is what i regard to be the best 6 hookers and how many mins they played last week:
1. Smith 80
2. Buderus 75
3. Farah 80
4. Monaghan 80
5. Payne 80
6. Priddis 80

I think it's fairly evident that the best dummy-halves don't need to interchange but we have seen over the years that PJ rarely influences a match for its entirety. He tends to play himself in patches, even hwen he was getting 80 mins at the warriors. I don't think that Piggy is the answer (more suited to the back row) but Hagan must have a plan. Maybe Green or Finch can be utlilised there!!!

Given that PJ is a 80min player and thats what he wants, what do we do with Piggy?

He have 2 FG hookers at the club. Its kind of Like having Priddis and Farrah in the same team. I dont understand why we would spend the money on both. IMO, signing piggy was a mistake, and something Brian Smith did knowing he wouldn't be at the club past 2006.

Having said that, piggy is a good player but there's no point having 13 fullbacks at a club either.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Apparently the PJ situation hasn't changed at all and as far as I'm aware he still has a deadline.

Glenn

First Grade
Goodluck to PJ finding somewhere where he can play 80mins as a hooker, on a regular basis.

Smartman

Juniors
The dogs are looking likely to snare either Wing or Marsh.

Their first preference is obviously Wing.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Smartman said:
The dogs are looking likely to snare either Wing or Marsh.

Their first preference is obviously Wing.

rumours are that it's either union or Penrith for Wing, but I have heard that you guys are interested.

Bazal

Post Whore
I sometimes think players can't win with Parra fans, honestly. PJ is going about this the right way, he wants an 80 minute role and he's being up front and honest about the whole thing. He's asked the club for a release, and his request has been granted by the club. He isn't hiding behind excuses or trying to blame anyone or anything else, he's saying "I want to try and cement an 80 minute spot, Parra have too many good players to allow that for me so I'll try my luck elsewhere, and if I can find a deal that's good, but if not I'm happy to stay". Yet people are treating him like he's taking the club for a ride, and basically telling him "fine, leave, we don't want you anyway". That's ridiculous and very much an overly harsh reaction.

PJ is a very good player, and I don't think it's a coincidence that since he has begun to start at hooker we have been playing better. His direction from dummy half is excellent, he provides another good option with the boot, is a good defender and provides us with a definite spark around the ruck. I personally would rather lose Riddell than PJ...

big boppa eel

Juniors
JOB 3:14 said:
You can't please everybody. He has won the hooking role from Pig but he still wants out. "I love Parramatta......." give me a break.
Agreed mate sounds a bit sus to me, he has won the hooking spot for the moment so whats the problem, I smell a rat.:? :?

Latest posts