What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marshal Re-Signs

brooksy19

Bench
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/benji-resigns-with-tigers/2009/03/12/1236447362441.html

Wests Tigers superstar Benji Marshall ended months of specualtion today by re-signing with his NRL club.
Courted by Japanese rugby, Marshall is understood to have become sick of the speculation and has agreed to terms with the Tigers until the end of 2011.
The Tigers are expected to announce the significant re-signing at a press conference later today.
The Marshall move follows the Tigers' successful re-signing of marquee hooker Robbie Farrah.
Marshall was the subject of frenzied speculation after he revealed he wanted to play an NRL off-season in Japan rugby. The latest development ends that prospect, but Marshall is "delighted" to have secured his future with the club he took to a grand final victory in 2005.
The Tigers play Canberra in their season opener at Campbelltown on Monday night.

Somewhere in Japan a head coach is saying "I thought we had him" :sarcasm:

Magpies Forever

Juniors
At least the disruption is over and everyone can get down to business and concentrate on the footy. Hope his body holds up.

Godz Illa

Coach
Pleased to hear it, even as a fan of the Dragons he carved in 05. He's a unique character and a pleasure to watch on the footy field. Nice work WT

N.C.

Juniors
Anyone in Campbelltown? Might be worth getting along to the training session...

"Special Member Alert
Today at 4:30pm at the open Training session in Campbelltown, Wests Tigers star Benji Marshall will announce a 2-year extension to his current Wests Tigers contract. This extension will see Benji at Wests Tigers until the end of 2011.

This is a great sign for Wests Tigers and the game of Rugby League.

Further information will be published on weststigers.com.au"

Source - my email inbox. Mods can bite me.

Nice one Benji.

But next time, can we do without the circus/Union sh*t?

Just tell that leech you have for a manager to do it without mentioning Union...

scarcev

Juniors
I wish he'd just f^%$ off, on his coin we could get a decent half and another decent prop. But as people on here will keep reminding me, oh he had a great round 26 against the gold coast, who gives a f we were playing for nothing.

westie

Bench
You are the greatest idiot in the entire world. Please die. A half arsed Benji is still better than anything we could sign. Add in marketing value and well - just.... f**k I can't believe how stupid you are.