What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marshall and Lui

holman

Juniors
This half / five eight combination is the worst defensive pairing I have seen since I started watching Rugby League in 1956. How the f_ _ _ are we going to win a comp with these 2 turnstiles?There defensive deficiencies puts more pressure on the rest of the team. Also cut out the stupid penalties, 2 in a row today Melbourne score at the other end of the ground.

MacDougall

First Grade
Agreed, Lui needs to go permanently. He should have been shopped around instead of Gibbs because we have ready made replacements in Miller, Sironen and Moltzen RIGHT there and Lui would have been gobbled up quickly. Marshall is enough defensive deficiency for one team.

Fingerbang

Bench
I thought Miller looked good when he was in firsts.....thought he was worth perservering with to improve even more.

Vicious

Bench
I hope Marshall is out for a few weeks and it will make some people with no idea who bag him realise that we are a very average side without him. We will not beat any side in the competition without Benji, it`s as simple as that.
Half our side are not of first grade standard and this has been sugar coated for the past few seasons by Benji`s brilliance.

azsportza

Live Update Team
Hasn't Lui already gone ? didn't he sign with Brisbane this week ? I don't see the value of Moltzen in the centres

It's been a rumour that he has signed with the Broncos, however at this stage nothing official. If that is the case and Wade McKinnon leaving, we need to bring up Jake Malaney up from the NSW Cup, also need to look at David Fifita, he runs and plays just like his Brother.

Borat.

Juniors
I thought Lui was wrapped up for next year- .... Clearly miller looks a better prospect not sure if he is ready yet....

Tigers Tale

Juniors
My question is where has Robbie Farah gone?

All our attack stems from some fleeting brilliance from Marshall. As we have seen with Benji, when he isn't hot, he is at best average. If Farah is injured, the SOO has come and gone, shouldn't he have his surgery. He seems to have gone into his shell in attack.

We seem to have nothing.

simmo1

First Grade
Fmd, they aren't picked for their defence. Marshall's defence is OK for a half, especially one which offers as much in attack as he does.

My question is where has Robbie Farah gone?

All our attack stems from some fleeting brilliance from Marshall. As we have seen with Benji, when he isn't hot, he is at best average. If Farah is injured, the SOO has come and gone, shouldn't he have his surgery. He seems to have gone into his shell in attack.

We seem to have nothing.

His dummy half running has been less effective as refs have been less inclined to blow penalties for markers not being square this year.

This half / five eight combination is the worst defensive pairing I have seen since I started watching Rugby League in 1956. How the f_ _ _ are we going to win a comp with these 2 turnstiles?There defensive deficiencies puts more pressure on the rest of the team. Also cut out the stupid penalties, 2 in a row today Melbourne score at the other end of the ground.

Well we already won one with Marshall in the side, and he's defence now is 100 times better than it was then. Our other half, Prince, wasn't a very good defender either.

Well we already won one with Marshall in the side, and he's defence now is 100 times better than it was then.
Agree 100% - I have always said that he is overrated as a footballer because his all round package is not like others, i.e. is defence was the pits, played out on the wing too often. Now, was that because he was so young when he came into first grade? because of the shoulder issues?

Don't know and don't care as defensively he has improved so much, but hey, he still has his off days.
Our other half, Prince, wasn't a very good defender either
finally someone has said it and Lui is no worse than Prince.

Moving forward to game against Storm, besides the fact that the Tigers showed a big improvement and kept the Storm scoreless for 47 minutes, they tried everything in attack and were held out by a very, very good defensive team.

I did hear a very interesting comment on the Ch 9 commentary yesterday. Just after half time, Joey Johns was asked when do they bring Lui on and he mentioned what Bellamey said to the Storm players at half time something like - just watch Lui when he comes on because he will ???? forget now what he said but straight away I thought, gee that's respect and Bellamey certainly knows what he's talking about. Did anyone notice that?

wade77

Juniors
Lui isn't the problem here it is Moltzen, why change the halfback this far into the season. They need to stick with Lui, Moltzen is such a myth, sure he will do a few good things here and there but he is not a Halfback he added nothing yesterday and adds nothing every week. Moltzen's defence is no better than Lui, he is weak and I'll be glad to see him go to the Central Coast Bears hopefully sooner than later. Putting the halfback on the bench could be such a negative turning point for the season.

holman

Juniors
It is not that they can't tackle, it is they don't want to put their body on the line. I saw Benjis piss poor effort when the Warriors scored one of their tries in the second half last week and he would have to be embarrassed watching the replay, and again yesterday against the Storm, another weak effort, should have made the tackle, could have made the tackle but hung off for someone else to do the hard work. He is the same as Scott Prince, sets up 2 tries a game and lets 2 in, back to square one.

Latest posts