What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Martin Kennedy

Big Pete

Referee
According to Channel 9 and Peter Badel from the CM has inked a 3 year deal with the club.

Thoughts?

Bretto

Bench
Haven't seen much of him TBH. Stats from nrl.com reveal he's 6"3 122kgs, averages 131m per game and he's only 22. Sounds good to me.

unbreaK

Juniors
I honestly don't think we needed another prop, although too many props never hurt anyone, the only question is now who will be the starting props and who will come off the bench next year out of Hannant, McGuire and Kennedy.

Or maybe something crazy like McGuire lock and Parker off the bench to preserve him.. I dunno, I think Parker is still far too good to be even considered for a bench role.

Dazzat

First Grade
I'd prefer Kennedy over Shillington - definitely. Kennedy offers youth, and the fact his better days are ahead of him. Can't say that for Shillington.

Still reckon MaGuire is a backrower, so that leaves Hannant, Tasi, Hala and Jarrod Wallace as the TRUE front rowers in the club. There are a lot of very promising props in the U20s, but as we all know, a front rower doesn't usually hit his straps until mid 20s.

Pete, wouldn't that mean he's been let go by the Roosters? Or is it for 2015?

unbreaK

Juniors
I'd prefer Kennedy over Shillington - definitely. Kennedy offers youth, and the fact his better days are ahead of him. Can't say that for Shillington.

Still reckon MaGuire is a backrower, so that leaves Hannant, Tasi, Hala and Jarrod Wallace as the TRUE front rowers in the club. There are a lot of very promising props in the U20s, but as we all know, a front rower doesn't usually hit his straps until mid 20s.

Pete, wouldn't that mean he's been let go by the Roosters? Or is it for 2015?

I doubt it would've been announced mid-season this year if it was for 2015, I'd say it's for 2014 onwards.

Dazzat

First Grade
I doubt it would've been announced mid-season this year if it was for 2015, I'd say it's for 2014 onwards.

Well that would mean he was let go by the Roosters mid-contract. Wonder if there's another deal involved?

Big Pete

Referee
unBreak nailed it - 2014 on.

I doubt we paid a king's random for him either. I'd imagine the Roosters simply couldn't afford to keep him, we offered him a decent deal and a chance to be around love ones + get the attention of the Maroons selectors and he took it.

Hopefully he turns out as well as Shillo has for the Raiders.

But now, can we please sign some backs?

Tera

Juniors
Love this signing if true

Hannant, McGuire, Kennedy, Tasi/Dodds would be one hell of a prop rotation.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Kennedy requested a release and the club granted it..

Sydney Roosters ‏@sydneyroosters
Following a request from his management, Marty Kennedy has been granted approval to negotiate with other clubs for season 2014 and beyond

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Outstanding signing. Named on an extended bench for Origin this year. The Roosters really should have held onto him.

Big Pete

Referee
It was risky from them but they have two really good props coming through in Napa + Evans. Considering all the other upgrades and signings they made I think it's a win/win.

unbreaK

Juniors
It makes that segment on Sterlo tonight a bit of a head scratcher..

I didn't watch it.. but I assume nothing was mentioned about the whole thing? It hasn't officially been announced yet by the Broncos.. probably why they didn't bring it up.

TheMightyBroncs

Juniors
I honestly don't think we needed another prop, although too many props never hurt anyone, the only question is now who will be the starting props and who will come off the bench next year out of Hannant, McGuire and Kennedy.

Or maybe something crazy like McGuire lock and Parker off the bench to preserve him.. I dunno, I think Parker is still far too good to be even considered for a bench role.

Unbreak, this signing is going to make those 3 props (Hannant, McGuire & Kennedy) work harder to ensure they start each week...when fit, we will have 3 really good quality props with hopefully tasi improving to make it 4.

Kennedy is far better than anything outside of hannant and mcguire, he is a first grade prop. The likes of Hala and co are nowhere near ready to be first grade props unfortunately. Inconsistent with occasional glimpses of potential. Tasi I do see some potential though. Broncos fans will warm to Kennedy pretty quick I think...

unbreaK

Juniors
Unbreak, this signing is going to make those 3 props (Hannant, McGuire & Kennedy) work harder to ensure they start each week...when fit, we will have 3 really good quality props with hopefully tasi improving to make it 4.

Kennedy is far better than anything outside of hannant and mcguire, he is a first grade prop. The likes of Hala and co are nowhere near ready to be first grade props unfortunately. Inconsistent with occasional glimpses of potential. Tasi I do see some potential though. Broncos fans will warm to Kennedy pretty quick I think...

I agree with everything you said, I'm just curious as to who will start next year and who will be an "impact" player off the bench, I'd be tempted to start with Kennedy and use McG as a battering ram for short 20 minutes bursts.

Jason Simmons

Juniors
Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. He had a twitter issue last year...

What a team we would have had with Tasi and Kennedy added to our existing pack and Dugan at the back.

Even with Prince and Wallace in the halves, we'd be a LOT better off...