What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mascord on the culture problem for NSW

Vee

First Grade
From http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...-in-nrl-refereeing-ranks-20170722-gxgr0k.html

...the cultural differences between life in NSW and Queensland are infinitesimal but what differences remain are fascinatingly and repeatedly exposed by Origin. Let's get this straight: Sydney is not a town where everyone sticks together to cheerily defeat a common enemy. Sydney is a town where if you are successful people will try to steal credit and tear you down and where if you fail you immediately attempt to blame someone else before the mob ruins you.

It's an individualistic, facile convict settlement which became a seething cesspit of aggressive individuality and one-upmanship. If you want a "culture" for the Blues that reflects where they're from, then what has happened in the last 12 days is actually 100 per cent perfect. Trying to synthesise a maroon chip on the shoulder is just stupid. How about NSW appoints a coaching team that has no values or culture at all, just rules – that just wants to win and can get it done. A coaching appointment that would truly reflect Sydney values would be to offer Kevin Walters twice as much to jump ship.

A fairly accurate assessment I would say. The selection of Hunt instead of DCE for Game 3 was as big a controversy as I can remember for Qlders but eventually they shrugged their shoulders and got on board. I can't imagine NSW media and supporters doing the same in similar circumstances.

Not sure what NSW can do about it.

Reactions: OVP
Even if NSW ditch Daley and some others there are serious problems in the Blues system. Most likely scenario is the odd NSW series win here and there and an ongoing groups of series for QLD.

Knightmare

Coach
The same Kevvie Walters who had Qlders baying for his head after Game 1? That Kevvie Walters???

I didn't realise Sydney= the whole of NSW, either.

Further proof that journo's are paid to make mountains out of molehills. Get rid of Daley, replace him with somebody with the balls to drop players/ put players on blast and watch 90% of these so-called "culture problems" vanish...

Vee

First Grade
The same Kevvie Walters who had Qlders baying for his head after Game 1? That Kevvie Walters???

I didn't realise Sydney= the whole of NSW, either.

Further proof that journo's are paid to make mountains out of molehills. Get rid of Daley, replace him with somebody with the balls to drop players/ put players on blast and watch 90% of these so-called "culture problems" vanish...
As I recall, that campaign was run primarily by the NSW media, certainly no-one took it seriously.

Knightmare

Coach
The morons posting on LU are a small sample of the morons who don't post on here. Point is that after Game 1, there was plenty of criticism not just of Maroons players, but of Kevvie Walters too.

isaiah

Bench
The morons posting on LU are a small sample of the morons who don't post on here. Point is that after Game 1, there was plenty of criticism not just of Maroons players, but of Kevvie Walters too.
Don't like being a facile convict settlement much?

OVP

Coach
Let's get this straight: Sydney is not a town where everyone sticks together to cheerily defeat a common enemy. Sydney is a town where if you are successful people will try to steal credit and tear you down and where if you fail you immediately attempt to blame someone else before the mob ruins you.

Hear hear !

Totally agree and it's why I personally stopped watching this years series after the middle of game 2. Nothing to do with Qld winning, as a matter of fact I hope they keep winning for many more years. I'm personally just sick of the way the NSW fans carry on. They just continually put the boot in to all the players after a loss. If I was a player, no way in f**king Hades would I want to play for any of you backstabbing twats. The match thread even after a superb game 1 win made me physically ill reading all the bile from so-called NSW "fans", even after a great performance like that. Nope, NSW will NEVER f**king get it.

Next year I will be totally blocking Origin from my viewing schedule. Go the Roosters. f**k you NSW and your infantile fans.

Knightmare

Coach
Hear hear !

Totally agree and it's why I personally stopped watching this years series after the middle of game 2. Nothing to do with Qld winning, as a matter of fact I hope they keep winning for many more years. I'm personally just sick of the way the NSW fans carry on. They just continually put the boot in to all the players after a loss. If I was a player, no way in f**king Hades would I want to play for any of you backstabbing twats. The match thread even after a superb game 1 win made me physically ill reading all the bile from so-called NSW "fans", even after a great performance like that. Nope, NSW will NEVER f**king get it.

Next year I will be totally blocking Origin from my viewing schedule. Go the Roosters. f**k you NSW and your infantile fans.

Did you pay any attention to the comments from Maroons fans after Game 1? It hardly reflected "the brotherhood"...

Even before a ball had been kicked this series, there were questions about some of the selections in the NSW team- let alone whether Daley should still be there to call the shots. The walk-over in Game 1 came as a surprise to a few around here, but people (rightfully) pointed out that there were still selections in that team glossed over by the win. Either NSW fans got "so cocky" and full of themselves after Game 1 or they all stuck the boot in- which one is it?

It's so very easy to boast about how you "pick & stick" when you've had the players in key positions Qld have had over the past decade...

myrrh ken

First Grade
Hear hear !

Let me guess - Pearce supporter?

OVP

Coach
Did you pay any attention to the comments from Maroons fans after Game 1? It hardly reflected "the brotherhood"...

Bollocks. The Qld fans seemed a bit sad to me, like they almost believed the end of their run was near, hardly like the NSW fans which was akin to watching a gang of thugs kick a disabled person to death. Sickening.

No thanks, I want no part of it. NRL only for me.

Knightmare

Coach
NSW fans said not nice things about poor little Mitchell did they?

How dare they. Can't they see he just takes 20 matches to prove his worth in Origin and they need to be a little more patient?

myrrh ken

First Grade
Let me guess - f**kwit ?
Haha. I take that as yes.

The only players that I recall got criticised after game 1 were perennial whipping boys Pearce and woods. Funny how tigers fans aren't so precious about woods.

Bye bye and take your halfback with you. He's shite.

OVP

Coach
Funny how tigers fans aren't so precious about woods.

Maybe because he's leaving duh. LOL you mindless ones keep reinforcing my point about not getting it. And you lot never ever will either. Go Qld !! Keep winning please.

p.s NSW lose because you DESERVE it.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Maybe because he's leaving duh. LOL you mindless ones keep reinforcing my point about not getting it. And you lot never ever will either. Go Qld !! Keep winning please.

p.s NSW lose because you DESERVE it.

He's criticised every year and tiges fans don't lose their panties like you.

You could learn a lot from Stevo and Albert.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Nsw cultural problem is a number of people had sex in Queensland in the 80s and produced some all time great players while the people in nsw having sex produced hack frauds.

When Smith retires we will see how that cultural problem goes

WaznTheGreat

Referee
NSW players just aren't good enough,has nothing to do with the coach or cultural problems or what milk brand they drink,QLD players are just better,its hard to beat people who are better than you.