What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mass of retirements

Yeah, it is a growing belief through all Raiders fans that Tongue's best days are well and truly behind him. Furner really destroyed his career in opting to use him as a dummy half, when, only a year prior, he received the Dally M Lock of the Year. However, it has come to the stage where he cannot even be utilised as a lock, as we possess Shaun Fensom who is an absolute machine.

Tongue is a true champion of the Raiders, of the game in fact, but he just is able to cope with the rigours of NRL footy any more.

skeepe

Immortal
Yeah, it is a growing belief through all Raiders fans that Tongue's best days are well and truly behind him. Furner really destroyed his career in opting to use him as a dummy half, when, only a year prior, he received the Dally M Lock of the Year. However, it has come to the stage where he cannot even be utilised as a lock, as we possess Shaun Fensom who is an absolute machine.

Tongue is a true champion of the Raiders, of the game in fact, but he just is able to cope with the rigours of NRL footy any more.

I don't blame Furner for that. If Tongue had stayed at lock, it would have delayed Fensom's development. It was the right call to make and at the time Tongue was still pretty capable no matter where he was playing.

That's no longer the case though.

I don't blame Furner for that. If Tongue had stayed at lock, it would have delayed Fensom's development. It was the right call to make and at the time Tongue was still pretty capable no matter where he was playing.

That's no longer the case though.

Yeah, I'm not blaming Furner at all for making that call. As you said, it really gave Fensom the chance to showcase his talents and it is safe to say he is now one of the games leading locks. I just stated for Tongue's own personal development, the move to dummy half wasn't too ideal.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
lol eye gouge, you really are pathetic.

i know dan hunt has a head like a bowling ball, but that's no excuse..

ind-LEAGUE-HQ---DEFCON-400x267.jpg

Dude, if you believe that was a deliberate eye gouge then you're kidding yourself. His fingers aren't in Hunt's eyes. It's not good that he lazily flung his arm out like that but that is never an eye gouge.

BDGS

Bench
Thats the best thing about League, when somebody leaves in what ever fashion there is always another player stepping up that is either as good or better (except perhaps for Lockyer).

84 Baby

Referee
I expect after the last few games Casey McGuire & Chris Hicks may announce their retirements before seasons end. Both premiership winners and in McGuire's case an Origin player

nqcowboy87

Bench
Thats the best thing about League, when somebody leaves in what ever fashion there is always another player stepping up that is either as good or better (except perhaps for Lockyer).

i know but its the number of big names retiring this year that got me

04 - fittler, tallis, o ' davis
05 - kearns, stevens, ricketson
06 - ben kennedy, webcke
07 - johns, jason smith
08 - wiki, geyer
09 - el masri, sailor
10 - cayless, kimmorley, barrett, price, rogers

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i know but its the number of big names retiring this year that got me

04 - fittler, tallis, o ' davis
05 - kearns, stevens, ricketson
06 - ben kennedy, webcke
07 - johns, jason smith
08 - wiki, geyer
09 - el masri, sailor
10 - cayless, kimmorley, barrett, price, rogers
Jebus.. imagine compiling a team from that list in their heyday..

Alpha

Juniors
2011 retirement team so far

1. Wesser
2. McDougall
3. Gasnier
4. Whatuira
5. Walker
6. Lockyer
7. Campbell
8. Hodgson
9. Riddell
10. Stuart
11. Myers
12. Conn
13. Ryan
14. M. Rogers *
15. Payten
16. Tronc
17. Webb

Alpha

Juniors
hard to make a full team

1. Fitzhenry
2. Grothe
3. Mogg
4. Ty Williams
5. Covell
6. Barrett
7. Kimmorly
8. Price
9. Priddis
10. Cayless
11. R Williams
12. Simpson
13. Royal
14. Logan

MacDougall

First Grade
hard to make a full team

1. Fitzhenry
2. Grothe
3. Mogg
4. Ty Williams
5. Covell
6. Barrett
7. Kimmorly
8. Price
9. Priddis
10. Cayless
11. R Williams
12. Simpson
13. Royal
14. Logan

Skandalis officially retired last year too.