What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Massive TV ratings last night in Sydney for FNF

parano1a

Juniors
which would equal 10 people

True, not many in NSW/QLD would be interested in watching Adelaide smash Essendon by 100 points. However I'd say quite a few Queenslanders would've been interested in watching tonight's incredible Brisbane Lions comeback win over Carlton.

parano1a

Juniors
Melb, Adel, Perth ratings are zero on Friday ratings reports because the games aren't broadcast on Friday, they are broadcast on Saturday (after midnight)

MsStorm

Bench
I doubt Melbourne v Manly will be live into Melbourne, one hour delay would be better to encourage fans to go to the game.

My prediction:
7.30 Two and a Half Men
8.00 Motorway Patrol
8.30 Friday Night NRL

Although who knows with Nein, it might be shafted to midnight in favour of a girly movie, repeat of The Closer and Late News

No way will ch.9 show the storm game live against the gate (and for once I agree with them as it will encourage more people to go to the game)
especially if an afl final is on.

We'll get our usual midnight fest again:x

MsStorm

Bench
Melb, Adel, Perth ratings are zero on Friday ratings reports because the games aren't broadcast on Friday, they are broadcast on Saturday (after midnight)

I realise that, but the way Nat worded it, made it sound like no one in Melb Perth Adelaide watched the games at all......ridiculous viewing hrs. besides.

True, not many in NSW/QLD would be interested in watching Adelaide smash Essendon by 100 points. However I'd say quite a few Queenslanders would've been interested in watching tonight's incredible Brisbane Lions comeback win over Carlton.

hmmm...doubtful....

for every 20 people who talk about rl only 1 talks about afl.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I wonder how much better than junk rates then NRL would.

It was proven in Perth this year that NRL on a Sunday afternoon rated better than the programmes they were showing. Didn't stop them pulling it after SOO though and putting the lower rating programmes back on! You tell me the logic to that one!!:?

Billythekid

First Grade
It was proven in Perth this year that NRL on a Sunday afternoon rated better than the programmes they were showing. Didn't stop them pulling it after SOO though and putting the lower rating programmes back on! You tell me the logic to that one!!:?

And with RL they have already payed for the content.

bobmar28

Bench
Am I reading it wrong or did the Live NRL game get 820,000 and the AFL 1million? Why are we happy about this? Of cource if they actually showed NRL in the three other major cities we would have creamed them.

What is good is that NRL in Perth (when live) outdraws AFL in Sydney!!

I Think you are reading it wrong.

1. THE afl got 1 million viewers in 5 cities, Nrl got 802,000 in 2 cities.

2. AFL got 491,000 in Melbourne for a final, NRL got 510,000 in Sydney for a regular season game.

parano1a

Juniors
& WTF has that got to do with RL?

People were implying that AFL has negligble market share in NSW/QLD, figures like this demonstrate this is obviously not the case. Nobody is denying the fact that RL is the market leader in these states, but a 20:1 ratio? I don't think so... 2:1 maybe.

El Diablo

Post Whore
People were implying that AFL has negligble market share in NSW/QLD, figures like this demonstrate this is obviously not the case. Nobody is denying the fact that RL is the market leader in these states, but a 20:1 ratio? I don't think so... 2:1 maybe.
you Victorians really believe this sh*t

2 to 1 :lol:

you still didn't really explain what a Yawnion test has to do with Rugby League

parano1a

Juniors
Maybe if they got out of the boggers a bit more & had a look at what goes on above the "Bargearsi Line":lol:, they night have a real perception of the world.

It is apparent from these forums homophobia appears to be rampant in the northern states, why do so many equate sexual preference with perceived weakness? I thought Sydneysiders in particular would embrace sexual diversity as is celebrated in the annual Mardi Gras.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
It is apparent from these forums homophobia appears to be rampant in the northern states, why do so many equate sexual preference with perceived weakness? I thought Sydneysiders in particular would embrace sexual diversity as is celebrated in the annual Mardi Gras.

Ey, we celebrate it once a year. You celebrate it everyweek at the MCG.