What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mat Head

Dragonslayer

First Grade
He was at Broncos now heading to Soufs with Bennett

Really have to think that JD made the wrong choice to go to Brisbane, although things were untenable at the Dragons, sticking around may have had its advantages.

Going to the Broncos he probably was lured with the idea that Bennett would retire in 2 years and he was #1 choice to replace him after his apprenticeship. Now, 2 years on, Bennett has gone to Souths on what now is a 3 yr deal, so no opportunity there until 2022, or stick around at the Broncos, where Seibold has been signed for 4yrs, no luck there until 2023.

If I were him, I would seriously consider coming back to us (if Head departs), at least Doust has gone and there is a new board. Add to that McGregor off contract and although he is favoured to be re-signed, a slow or disappointing season in 2019, may see him exit (I said may).

possm

Coach
Really have to think that JD made the wrong choice to go to Brisbane, although things were untenable at the Dragons, sticking around may have had its advantages.

Going to the Broncos he probably was lured with the idea that Bennett would retire in 2 years and he was #1 choice to replace him after his apprenticeship. Now, 2 years on, Bennett has gone to Souths on what now is a 3 yr deal, so no opportunity there until 2022, or stick around at the Broncos, where Seibold has been signed for 4yrs, no luck there until 2023.

If I were him, I would seriously consider coming back to us (if Head departs), at least Doust has gone and there is a new board. Add to that McGregor off contract and although he is favoured to be re-signed, a slow or disappointing season in 2019, may see him exit (I said may).
Sack Mary and hire JD.

Como Connection

First Grade

Not so sure he is favoured at all.
CC

We had JD and let him go.

Can't see him coming back anytime soon.

Am astonished if Mat Head turned down a gig with Featherstone Rovers. Hope Young and or Hornby get a similar chance and take it with open arms.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

The bottom line with Demetriou is that he was bypassed for the Broncos’ gig. There must be a specific reason, and you’ve got to wonder why.

I don’t understand the infatuation with him. At the end of the day, Demetriou is still a coach with ZERO NRL experience. Considering both Price and McGregor have been unpalatable, I’d be loathe to employ a third successive rookie mentor.

Saints must do better:

possm

Coach
The bottom line with Demetriou is that he was bypassed for the Broncos’ gig. There must be a specific reason, and you’ve got to wonder why.

I don’t understand the infatuation with him. At the end of the day, Demetriou is still a coach with ZERO NRL experience. Considering both Price and McGregor have been unpalatable, I’d be loathe to employ a third successive rookie mentor.

Saints must do better:

None of the top coaches available were picked up by SGI. Either none of them wanted to come here or SGI is happy with Mary. No matter which reason SGI have a real problem and need to solve it in a business like manner.

Latest posts